Cardas Binding post group sale

randytsuch

Cardas Binding post group sale
« on: 24 Jan 2003, 12:27 am »
I came across this at diyaudio, in case anyone is interested, check out this post http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8912&perpage=15&pagenumber=8

There are some other instructions on page 6
prices are
CCBPS - $15 Short bare solid copper dual binding posts
CCBPL - $16 Long bare solid copper dual binding posts
CCGRS - $22 Short Rhodium over Silver plate over solid copper with Gold plated copper nuts
CCGRL - $27 Long Rhodium over Silver plate over solid copper with Gold plated copper nuts

In all cases, add shipping and 3% for the PayPal transaction.

The order deadline is Saturday at midnight, and he needs payment from Paypal by Monday noon.
I am going to probably order one pair because it seems like a good price, michael percy and partconnixion sell them for $50 for two dual binding posts, unplated copper.

This is a one time group buy kind of deal.

Any comments on copper versus rhodium/silver plated?
I am leaning toward bare copper, but then I have to worry about cleaning/coating the copper to prevent oxidation.

Randy

mgalusha

Re: Cardas Binding post group sale
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2003, 04:22 am »
Quote from: randytsuch
Any comments on copper versus rhodium/silver plated?
I am leaning toward bare copper, but then I have to worry about cleaning/coating the copper to prevent oxidation.

Randy, I used the CCGR on my tube amps and they are very nice connectors. I would go with the rhodium because of the oxidation issues.

I did have one problem, WBT plugs wouldn't quite fit. Nothing a couple of seconds with a drill bit didn't fix. :)

Mike