Virtual Dyamics is Now Out of business

Mike B.

Re: Virtual Dyamics is Now Out of business
« Reply #20 on: 6 Apr 2010, 06:18 pm »
I met Rick at CES. He was showing his line at the Show for the first time. He told me how he had been inspired to build the cables utilizing magnets. I am sorry to hear he has stopped operation. I have no experience with his products.

gfroman

« Reply #21 on: 13 Apr 2010, 05:20 pm »
I had several of the VD cables that I bought on the used market.
Great performance/$ and equal to any other cable company's product I have used.
Really like the VD power cords and still have some.
It amazes me the trash I hear from some of you who have never even tried their products.
Good Luck, Rick!

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #22 on: 15 Apr 2010, 07:11 pm »
We learn from mistakes, and hope this guy come with some good audio stuff some at more reasonable prices.  :)

viggen

« Reply #23 on: 27 Apr 2010, 03:37 am »
This ad is interesting, and the product is aptly named and priced. 

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?cablintr&1277514757&/virtual-dynamics-exodus-

Randy

« Reply #24 on: 27 Apr 2010, 03:46 am »
Didn't somebody take one his cables apart and found that it was made of garden hose?  I have one of his cables and thought it was fine, and it wasn't very expensive.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #25 on: 28 Apr 2010, 01:19 pm »
Well one of the more interesting personalities out there. Tell me something what makes him any different tham any cable manf. who sells expensive cabling ? We can take apart any ones cables and find the material cost is small in comparison to retail. Especially when material is bought in bulk.
  If the manf. sells to dealers than a 40% or more vig is added. If it goes through a distributor an addtional 20% is added. What gets me is that a DAC, AMP , etc can be bought for the price of an IC or powercord. Something is wrong with that scenario. There is so much more involved in designing and building a component than any cable IMO.
  Its all about pricing. If the prices were reasonable and there are some companies doing so then IMO this conversation would be moot.

charles

BobM

« Reply #26 on: 28 Apr 2010, 01:27 pm »
This ad is interesting, and the product is aptly named and priced. 

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?cablintr&1277514757&/virtual-dynamics-exodus-

Wow, I can certainly put together a package of shoddy home built cables to match this. If anyone is interested I will only ask $10,000 for mine. PM me if interested and for pictures. If you require black humps attached to the cable I can offer those for an additional $500 for each ferrite or magnetic Saran-wrapped beadlet. You can even specify where on the cable you want it. Our policy is to meet the full needs of our customers.

If you want or need additional marketing verbage to help you justify your purchase I will require an additional $2,000 per cord so embellished. Still a bargain compared to those listed in this ad.

Delta Wave

« Reply #27 on: 28 Apr 2010, 01:32 pm »
Just wondering, but do you think anyone ever bought anything from this company? Ever? I mean, do you think they ever sold anything to anyone?  Also, do you think the abbreviated initials of Virtual Dynamics (VD) had anything to do with their demise? 

There are rumors a new company will rise from the ashes of VD: Stereo Transient Dynamics (STD) :thumb: 

STD: "Sound that will infect your ears"TM

:lol:

Try our Herpes line of interconnects, once you try them you'll never get rid of them!