Temptation is an active forum - BDA-1

whanafi

Temptation is an active forum - BDA-1
« on: 3 Apr 2010, 10:28 am »
OK, I surrender. 

Against all rational behaviour, have decided to buy the BDA-1 without being able to hear it in my system first.

James, there was some confusion about getting the order in before the price rise.  I had checked with the dealer and he said he had stock, but it turns out he had no units in black to match the rest of my system.  So the order only went in today when they re-opened after Good Friday.  Trust things can be managed at the "old" price.

Cheers,
Waleed.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Temptation is an active forum - BDA-1
« Reply #1 on: 3 Apr 2010, 11:48 am »
OK, I surrender. 

Against all rational behaviour, have decided to buy the BDA-1 without being able to hear it in my system first.

James, there was some confusion about getting the order in before the price rise.  I had checked with the dealer and he said he had stock, but it turns out he had no units in black to match the rest of my system.  So the order only went in today when they re-opened after Good Friday.  Trust things can be managed at the "old" price.

Cheers,
Waleed.

Hi Waleed,

I checked with the Easter Bunny and he says OK on the old price.

james

Please let me know what dealer.

whanafi

« Reply #2 on: 3 Apr 2010, 04:10 pm »
Hi James,
Please thank the Bunny for me...

Singapore AFA.
Cheers.

whanafi

« Reply #3 on: 12 Apr 2010, 04:17 pm »
James,
Curious if the order has been received yet?

BTW, if I wanted to get a 1m BNC to BNC digital cable included is that still possible?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 12 Apr 2010, 04:25 pm »
James,
Curious if the order has been received yet?

BTW, if I wanted to get a 1m BNC to BNC digital cable included is that still possible?

Hi,

Yes the order came in the day after you ordered it - not sure if it has left yet - ask the dealer to email Brian Russell (export guy) at Bryston if you want the cable included.

james

Dilbert

« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2010, 05:06 pm »
OK, I surrender. 

I don't think you will be disappointed. Mine continues to amaze me after about a year.  :D :D :D

whanafi

« Reply #6 on: 12 Apr 2010, 05:13 pm »
I hope so - I have been really happy with the Transporter, so the BDA-1 will have to be spectacular to replace it. 

I have to say that reading reviews has led to a number of purchases that have become shelf sitters - I bought the Cambridge DACmagic and was really disappointed.  Even a normal SB3 Classic sounds better to me.

Anticipaaaaaaation.