2 (100%)
when is the amp -burned-in
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

cornet "burn-in"-and hum problems

analog97

Re: cornet "burn-in"-and hum problems
« Reply #20 on: 5 Apr 2010, 01:45 pm »
This thread is the first I've seen that shows the transformer of the C2 or Clarinet bolted directly to the top chassis.  I have mine "floating" on the rubber washers that came with the kit.  I also never earthed the tranny using the wire inside the bell housing.  Maybe I should, but my experience is that I have no "hum"...just some "hiss" that I think comes from somewhere else...maybe the amp. 

poty

« Reply #21 on: 7 Apr 2010, 10:07 am »
... There is a reason Jim Hagerman specifies the plastic version....
...the biggest sources of hum have been metal standoffs...
I wonder... If such problems exist - why the wast majority of designers of PCBs connects the mounting holes for the standoffs to the ground circuits on the PCB? If there is no conection to the ground on the PCB - there is no problem with the material of the standoffs. For DIYs products it is even much more important than for manufactured.

gehano

« Reply #22 on: 7 Apr 2010, 06:58 pm »
This thread is the first I've seen that shows the transformer of the C2 or Clarinet bolted directly to the top chassis.  I have mine "floating" on the rubber washers that came with the kit.  I also never earthed the tranny using the wire inside the bell housing.

hm,...so would be interesting if other ppl also dont work without washer, unfortunately i didnt order because they were not on stock. i tryed this, because i dont have the gray cable inside....

also connected directly 2 the earth lug, or 2 the lug on the

because my english is not perfect  :roll:
..what ppl mean with star ground point ? and where is he ?