Live 365

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
Live 365
« on: 28 Mar 2010, 11:28 pm »
Has anybody ever used Live 365 and subscribed to it?

ksbruce

Re: Live 365
« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2010, 05:28 pm »
No but I love grooveshark and slacker! And they are both free.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2010, 11:16 pm »
Do you get CD quality audio for free on those? Never heard of them- but will look into it.

ksbruce

« Reply #3 on: 31 Mar 2010, 10:59 am »
Afaik there are no cd quality streams. But listening through my 25.00 Sennhisers plugged into the headohone jack at my computer at work, it sounds pretty good. I've never listened at home on my stereo.

You should also try: Imeem, accu radio, lala, jango, myradio live!, nugs.net {if you like jam bands like i do} radio io, and even aol radio. Lots of choices!

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #4 on: 31 Mar 2010, 11:18 am »
I see this topic has less than 88 hits so far. Either people don't know what a great source of music these places can be or they're not curious.  :scratch: 

I should have posted this is the diskless circle- come to think of it. If anybody wants to move it- go ahead. Live 365 does have CD quality streaming for VIP members. Not all stations are CD quality, but perhaps enough are.

Nick77

« Reply #5 on: 31 Mar 2010, 11:48 am »
I had their basic subscription for a while when using a computer soundcard as a source. Switched to Squeezebox and couldnt get my commericalless subscription to work thru thru squeezecenter software so i canceled.
I really liked a couple of jazz stations and also wonder about the cd quality streams. I wish it wasnt so pricy to experiement.  :duh:

Doublej

« Reply #6 on: 31 Mar 2010, 11:53 am »
Try Naxos Radio

$20/year.

http://www.naxosradio.com/

pardales

« Reply #7 on: 31 Mar 2010, 12:59 pm »
Has anybody ever used Live 365 and subscribed to it?

I did subscribe to Live 365 a couple of years ago when it first came out. Had my subscription for about one year. In the end I thought it a bit pricey and did not find  myself using it as much as I thought I would. I also found plenty of free internet radio and decided not to renew.

I should probably look into it again. I have a friend who seems to really be enjoying the new structure and offerings Napster has in place these days. A budding area of the music marketplace for certain.