CD Mat-Do they work?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: CD Mat-Do they work?
« Reply #40 on: 25 Mar 2010, 07:29 am »
Know what works even better than CD mats?  Speaker condoms.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #41 on: 25 Mar 2010, 07:38 am »
Know what works even better than CD mats?  Speaker condoms.

Any photos..... :lol:

Tyson

« Reply #42 on: 25 Mar 2010, 08:13 am »
You are a dirty old man!

Tyson

« Reply #43 on: 25 Mar 2010, 08:32 am »
except for the ones that cost $40 to $200.   oh, wait - you said their cost, not what they sell for...  :lol:

doug s.

"From rags to riches, we ain't dumb, I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one".  Didn't know you were such a Jay-Z fan :D

MaxCast

« Reply #44 on: 25 Mar 2010, 10:32 am »
Hey we are 'audiophiles' we don't need to try something to pronounce judgment on said product.  :lol:
:lol:  you make me waff.

RichardS

« Reply #45 on: 25 Mar 2010, 12:15 pm »
Back to the topic at hand....
I was going to reply earlier, but like with many topics lately, I've been hesitant to post due to the tone of some of the responses. But for the benefit of the OP....

FWIW, I've used several CD mats, from the original CD Blacklight to the top Marigo. I've been pleased with the results on most of them (on my top loaders) and didn't consider any of them wasted money. I'll leave it at that.

Tweaks are just that: tweaks. They can be system dependent and may work better/ differently with different components. Occasionally one will really align with a person's system or tastes and a rave is written. Doesn't mean anyone else will react the same, nor that the person is being dishonest or a dupe -- it just gelled with him. I've had a great time/ learning experience at meets with our local group when we do comparisons. What one person really likes, another may recoil, or notice very little.

I realize many have watched the rapid price rise of various tweaks and cables with disdain. And I agree that the room is often the overlooked elephant (in the room). But once you've addresses that, or done as much as WAF will permit, a tweak or two may be worth trying. One can buy used and sell if it doesn't work as hoped. IMS, I've realized small but cumulatively significant gains with power conditioning, cables, stands, footers, room treatments, etc. After all, it's my money....

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #46 on: 25 Mar 2010, 12:28 pm »
My biggest concern with trying one is that my player has a slide out tray and if it flies off in there I'm toast.

RichardS

« Reply #47 on: 25 Mar 2010, 12:32 pm »
I'd contact one of the companies that makes them. Ask them if they've ever heard of this potential problem with a unit like yours....

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #48 on: 25 Mar 2010, 12:43 pm »
Good idea..Thanks :thumb:

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #49 on: 25 Mar 2010, 01:05 pm »
"From rags to riches, we ain't dumb, I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one".  Didn't know you were such a Jay-Z fan :D
i didn't know either, until i was at a neighbor's party last weekend, and they played that song, blared it out of a tiny boombox.  i really liked that refrain!   :thumb:

doug s.,
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult...