Best Audio Cables in the World!!! Guaranteed!!! UPDATE: A.C. TOUR ON THE WAY!!!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Best Audio Cables in the World!!! Guaranteed!!!
« Reply #20 on: 19 Mar 2010, 05:13 pm »
I'm not sure if I would be interested in being associated with any particular manufacturer, simply because my cables work extremely well in virtually all systems.

I do have a variety of hook up wire that I can supply to you, as well as many other electronics parts, resistors, capacitors, inductors, etc. I would need to know more about what you're trying to build/mod to recommend anything.

I also do consulting work and mod work around Chicago area, but would consider working with someone out of state as well. I'm very picky on what I do and if you request me to improve something like a Goldmund amplifier, not only will I refuse to do it, I will also refuse to sell you any parts.

I was just curious.  You are new here and I've never heard about Nagys.  That's it!

rpf

« Reply #21 on: 19 Mar 2010, 05:16 pm »
I'll join the tour list. I'm not far from toobluvr and am interested in both RCA ICs and Spkr. Cables.

Rob

evan1

« Reply #22 on: 19 Mar 2010, 05:21 pm »
RCA's and speaker cable for me (and MikeC)

add me to the list . We can easily pass them around the raves

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #23 on: 19 Mar 2010, 05:43 pm »
You just had to go there, didn't ya Jason.  :eyebrows:  You can also sign me up to compare a set of your "Aerospace" IC's against some KCI Silkworms that I'll be picking up tomorrow at the NY RAVE. I will be fair and honest with my thoughts, just like I have with some of your past comments Norbert.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

shep

« Reply #24 on: 19 Mar 2010, 06:01 pm »
If the idea is to get attention, it works. But you better put up or shut up  :nono: because that's a very provocative entry into the subject. Bring on the KCI Silkworms! (the + version I hope) Now there's a world class cable and if you can beat it fairly and squarely then you have something going on and at least my undivided attention.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #25 on: 19 Mar 2010, 06:01 pm »
I'm in for the tour. IC and speaker if possible

charles

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #26 on: 19 Mar 2010, 06:06 pm »
If the idea is to get attention, it works. But you better put up or shut up  :nono: because that's a very provocative entry into the subject. Bring on the KCI Silkworms! (the + version I hope) Now there's a world class cable and if you can beat it fairly and squarely then you have something going on and at least my undivided attention.

Nope,,, just picking up a used pair of the regular Silkworms but that should do as a fair standard against the Best Audio Cables in the World!!!   :o

Cheers,
Robin

mclsound

« Reply #27 on: 19 Mar 2010, 06:13 pm »
I will take IC,XLR,Anything on tour.I will give a honest impression and let several people who trust my judgement know.

groovybassist

« Reply #28 on: 19 Mar 2010, 06:17 pm »
I don't think there's anything wrong with promoting your product.  If you don't believe in it, why build it?  Surely this isn't the first claim of being the best in the world that we've seen in audio?  I say let him promote his product, we'll all try it out and see if it lives up to the promotion.  Personally it doesn't offend me, nor does it make me feel like I need to defend the products I've already bought or believe in.

shep

« Reply #29 on: 19 Mar 2010, 06:22 pm »
Sorry Robin, I wasn't referring to you but to the header (Best Audio Cables in the World!!) I wasn't clear enough. I guess the standard Silkworms will hold their own.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #30 on: 19 Mar 2010, 06:26 pm »
Sorry Robin, I wasn't referring to you but to the header (Best Audio Cables in the World!!) I wasn't clear enough. I guess the standard Silkworms will hold their own.

Oh you were clear enough and so was I as I too was referring to the header. I only wish I had the money to afford the Silkworm+ IC's.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

shep

« Reply #31 on: 19 Mar 2010, 06:29 pm »
me too. I have a custom made set that I call "pseudo silkworms" made by KCI. They are somewhere in the middle of his lineup but are splendid just the same.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #32 on: 19 Mar 2010, 06:34 pm »
me too. I have a custom made set that I call "pseudo silkworms" made by KCI. They are somewhere in the middle of his lineup but are splendid just the same.
Well I've only heard the silkworms once at a NY RAVE 2 years ago and they left a lasting impression on me but for what they go for, I needed to wait til a used pair came along at an affordable price. Tomorrow the wait will be over for me. IF Norbert's cables will stand up against the Silkworms, I'll be more than happy to express that in my opinions on them for him.  :thumb:

edit: oh yeah, if Norbert's cables don't stand up against the Silkworms, I'm be more than happy to report my opinion on them also.  :eyebrows:

Cheers,
Robin

turkey

« Reply #33 on: 19 Mar 2010, 06:43 pm »
The RCA patch cords are higher capacitance than some others I'm aware of. It also says that solder is used to terminate them, and that's not what I look for in a high-quality patch cord.

I think I'll pass on these wondrous beauties. :)

NagysAudio

• http://www.nagysaudio.com
« Reply #34 on: 19 Mar 2010, 07:02 pm »
I have no problem going against the Silkworms, especially considering that they cost almost 6 times as much!!

turkey, solder is just as good electrically as crimping. But solder is a little bit more reliable, if done right! If you like to crimp your RCA's (like Canare connectors) you won't gain much, as a matter of fact it will be a worse result, as the connectors I use are significantly superior to Canare style.

Wayner

« Reply #35 on: 19 Mar 2010, 07:19 pm »
I have no problem going against the Silkworms, especially considering that they cost almost 6 times as much!!

turkey, solder is just as good electrically as crimping. But solder is a little bit more reliable, if done right! If you like to crimp your RCA's (like Canare connectors) you won't gain much, as a matter of fact it will be a worse result, as the connectors I use are significantly superior to Canare style.

Most computer cables, like RS-232s, and Cat5e and the like are crimped and seem to be very robust. There are also a few companies that wire wind their terminations because they think solder is inferior.

Wayner

NagysAudio

« Reply #36 on: 19 Mar 2010, 07:31 pm »
Again, it depends on the situation. You only have so many options as far as crimp on RCAs are concerned. And the options are pretty much Canare. They're not high quality connectors, they don't have good dielectric, etc. I use a much higher quality connector and as long as it's not a cold solder joint, it makes no difference.

Impedance reflections at high frequencies only happen because of poor solder joints.

Now if the audio industry used SMA type connectors as a standard, then maybe I would crimp.

Oh and one more way to attach connectors to a cable is via a chemical weld.

mcullinan

« Reply #37 on: 19 Mar 2010, 07:34 pm »
I was just busting chops & can really appreciate the bravado! Looking forward to hearing the cables on tour.
M

turkey

« Reply #38 on: 19 Mar 2010, 07:37 pm »
Again, it depends on the situation. You only have so many options as far as crimp on RCAs are concerned. And the options are pretty much Canare. They're not high quality connectors, they don't have good dielectric, etc. I use a much higher quality connector and as long as it's not a cold solder joint, it makes no difference.

Canare RCAs work just fine here. Recording studios and the broadcast industry seem to like Canare products too.

How are your connectors higher quality?

NagysAudio

« Reply #39 on: 19 Mar 2010, 07:59 pm »
turkey, my connectors are precision machined from a brass alloy and are silver plated, then gold plated. They also have a Teflon dielectric.

Canares are super cheap and mostly stamped. The broadcast industry uses them because they are inexpensive and quick to attach, no soldering, etc. And they don't even use them all that much, because the primary connector for broadcast is RF and those are even less expensive.

The recording industry mostly use XLRs, dins, 1/4", and mini jacks. And most of those are soldered.