Best Audio Cables in the World!!! Guaranteed!!! UPDATE: A.C. TOUR ON THE WAY!!!

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: Best Audio Cables in the World!!! Guaranteed!!!
« Reply #140 on: 24 Mar 2010, 10:31 pm »
I mean no disrespect,but I believe you said bye,bye awhile ago,so let it be and let some of us look forward to the Tour De France!
I purchased $650 wireworld 2m silver power cable new for $200 from a dealer,so lets talk markup.
No disrespect taken.  I'm good.  I just get frustrated sometimes, like everyone does. 

I'll be interested in seeing what people hear.  Think about that: seeing what people hear... an oxymoron, for sure.   :lol:

Dave

srb

« Reply #141 on: 24 Mar 2010, 10:49 pm »
I'll be interested in seeing what people hear.  Think about that: seeing what people hear... an oxymoron, for sure.   :lol:

B&W's (Bowers & Wilkins) tagline, "Listen and you'll see", used to be prominently displayed on their website and all their brochures, but I guess they decided it really didn't make a whole lot of sense, and in recent years have stopped using it.

Steve

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #142 on: 25 Mar 2010, 02:48 pm »
 The IC is $160/ meter. The powercord $240 for 2 mtrs. Fair so far.

charles

turkey

« Reply #143 on: 25 Mar 2010, 03:04 pm »
The IC is $160/ meter. The powercord $240 for 2 mtrs. Fair so far.
charles

And here I was thinking that "ridiculously expensive" was a better description.  :lol:

toobluvr

« Reply #144 on: 25 Mar 2010, 03:18 pm »
So would you be willing to provide the same to prove your wires are the "best in the world?"

He doesn't need to prove anything.  C'mon guys, get a grip.  It's marketing puffery and blather....just like is done all the time in audio.  Check the ads in your nearest glossy audio rag, for goodness sakes!    :roll:

turkey

« Reply #145 on: 25 Mar 2010, 03:28 pm »
He doesn't need to prove anything.  C'mon guys, get a grip.  It's marketing puffery and blather....just like is done all the time in audio.  Check the ads in your nearest glossy audio rag, for goodness sakes!    :roll:

He demanded proof from someone else, so he should be willing to do the same for his claims. It was pretty funny how he back-pedaled though.

However, I do agree about the puffery and blather part. :)

BobM

« Reply #146 on: 25 Mar 2010, 04:36 pm »
Just let it go already. This thread should be locked down and a new one started to report the results and impressions of the tour.

NagysAudio

• http://www.nagysaudio.com
« Reply #147 on: 25 Mar 2010, 05:39 pm »
Update: Half of the sample cables are now complete, I'm waiting for additional parts that should arrive either today, or tomorrow. I'm on schedule and will be sending them out to BobM by middle of next week.

MarkR7

« Reply #148 on: 25 Mar 2010, 06:34 pm »
I wouldn't mind being added to the "tour". Local Northbrook, IL guy....

viggen

« Reply #149 on: 25 Mar 2010, 07:55 pm »
Hi Nagy:

I've noticed your company a few years ago when you first posted here on AC.  I would say I kept my eyes open to your products because you addressed some cable properties that I think are very important and most companies do not attempt to address.

The three properties I think that are most important when I read a cable product's copy writing is the engineers opinions (and solutions) regarding resistance, bandwidth and mechanical resonance.  I think you addressed the first two quite well in your earlier threads.  I recall you earlier product had some monster bandwidth specification.  But, that same product also had a monster price tag if I remember correctly.

Anyways, what's the bandwidth on your current products?  And, do you address mechanical resonance in any way?

Lastly, are you still adding people to your list?  I'd like to join if possible.

Thanks,

Ed

gerald porzio

« Reply #150 on: 25 Mar 2010, 08:28 pm »
Exactly where does this mechanical resonance originate? Are the cables being used for caneing or towing?

http://www.audioholics.com/education/cables/debunking-the-myth-of-speaker-cable-resonance

BobM

« Reply #151 on: 25 Mar 2010, 08:34 pm »
Gerald - you very well could be the first person whose name I actually add to my personal ignore list. If you only added some positive contribution to any discussion ...

gerald porzio

« Reply #152 on: 25 Mar 2010, 08:41 pm »
Why should I placate posters who continually trot out the same old whipping boys - cable resonance, skin effect, etc.? These are the urban legends that are used to justify expensive cables. As Joe Friday said in "Dragnet", "Just the facts, maam."

viggen

« Reply #153 on: 25 Mar 2010, 08:54 pm »
Exactly where does this mechanical resonance originate? Are the cables being used for caneing or towing?

http://www.audioholics.com/education/cables/debunking-the-myth-of-speaker-cable-resonance

I took a quick look at your link.  Now, I am no engineer, but I don't believe it is possible to "eliminate" mechanical resonance. 

I got another link for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Okok.. tone it down guys.  It's just audio.

gerald porzio

« Reply #154 on: 25 Mar 2010, 09:00 pm »
Some prefer science over superstition.

MaxCast

« Reply #155 on: 25 Mar 2010, 09:01 pm »
Why should I placate posters who continually trot out the same old whipping boys - cable resonance, skin effect, etc.? These are the urban legends that are used to justify expensive cables. As Joe Friday said in "Dragnet", "Just the facts, maam."
gerald, this is not the site for this.  Some people like to talk about resonance, skin effect, etc.

srb

« Reply #156 on: 25 Mar 2010, 10:01 pm »
Gerald - you very well could be the first person whose name I actually add to my personal ignore list. If you only added some positive contribution to any discussion ...

Already added last week.  But please folks, do not quote him, as quotes within someone else's response don't get blocked!  Thanks!

Steve

NagysAudio

• http://www.nagysaudio.com
« Reply #157 on: 25 Mar 2010, 10:04 pm »
viggen - I used to use an extremely expensive solid core coax cable that could pass a 40 gigahertz signal, but I decided to use a less expensive more flexible stranded core cable. It is capable of passing 18 gigahertz. The cables themselves account for resonance. These are extremely precise instrumentation cables that operate up to 18 gigahertz, so cable geometry, uniformity, resonance, etc. are as best as it can ever be in a cable. At least with modern state of the art technology. I worry more about picking the right cable for the job and do my best to impedance match as precise as I can get with consumer connectors/electronics.

Audioholics are right pretty much all of the time. But in order to make a cable EXTREMELY TIME AND PHASE COHERENT, the cable has to be extremely wide bandwidth, extremely well impedance matched, etc. It has to exceed everything in magnitude over the audible frequency range so that the audible frequency range is transmitted with near perfection. I completely understand their logic as well as gerald porzio's. You can certainly transmit the audio band with just about any cables, with minimum errors, however if you want something that's incredibly precise, more precise than anything else available in the industry, I will provide that.

Cables are just one part in the chain. I have personally listened to the very best equipment in the world, Goldmund, who is above and beyond anything ever made for audio as far as correct time and phase coherence is concerned. And extremely precise cables like Nagys' can make a significant audible difference. I've listened to my cables in a super Goldmund system and the experience is amazing and addictive. There were certain recordings that began to blur recording with reality.

gerald porzio - keep on replying, I have no problem with you, you keep bumping my thread to the top. Thanks!

viggen

« Reply #158 on: 26 Mar 2010, 01:37 pm »
Just want to point out that I was curious about mechanical resonance and not eletrical as the audioholics article is debunking.

Thanks for the explanation, Nagy.

saisunil

« Reply #159 on: 26 Mar 2010, 02:20 pm »
OP clearly dug a hole and pick up fight ... based on his claims ...
I have no reason to doubt how he feels - if that is his experience ...

Not that I am in need of cables right now ... but guys, let's get real ... these are not expensive cables! Yes there are cheaper cables out there but most high end cables are a lot more expensive ....

And this is a hobby for most of us ... so let's be happy ...
May be I'll try these cables when I have more time ...

If someone has a problem they can try it and listen to it in their system and decide for themselves and return it and report it in.

Have a happy weekend all  :)