Room treatment suggestions

jacknife

« on: 1 Feb 2004, 07:01 pm »
While I'm eagerly awaiting the 8 corners and 4 echos seconds that I just ordered, I'm wondering if anyone could give some advice on treating my room.  With the portion of my ceiling that is lowered, should I be putting treatments in all those corners?  I'm thinking I probably should get some seams also.

Picture of my room:  
http://www.audiocircle.com/image.php?id=1377

Thanks for any input.

orthobiz

I bought a bunch of stuff on sale, also!
« Reply #1 on: 2 Feb 2004, 02:47 am »
I can't see your room, when I click on the link it shows me your components and room dimensions, but I don't see a picture or a place to click for a picture?...???

Anyway, perhaps we have something in common. I have a 23 x 10 x 8 foot room, similar in dimensions to yours. I am thinking of placing the speakers on the long wall, sit on a couch against the other long wall. This way I can avoid the speakers almost touching on that short 10 foot wall! It makes some sense in that the majority of the sound will arrive directly to the ear with less reflection than the more traditional approach.

Check out:
http://www.immediasound.com/Speakersetup.html

Perhaps Nathan/Eighth Nerve can comment on our situation...

biz

jacknife

« Reply #2 on: 4 Feb 2004, 03:32 am »
Well, this is probably overkill but I figured I'd see how it works.  

http://www.audiocircle.com/image.php?id=1384

The sound in my room is much improved. The low end seems a bit fuller and the soundstage is vastly improved.  The biggest effect is what I'd call the 'ringing' from certain notes mostly from trumpet is gone.  I've got a bit of experimenting to do, so not sure if I'll leave this many corners up or take some for my home theater room.  One thing for sure is the ivory treatments don't match my nice 70's decor, my wife commented that it looks "retarded" :mrgreen:   That doesn't matter since this is the only room in my house that she doesn't have any say about!

WilliamL

« Reply #3 on: 8 Feb 2004, 11:15 pm »
Thanks for posting that great picture! Not overkill at all.

(The ivory products do stand out a bit, thats why we are just about ready to finally release our new wife friendly acoustic products to the general public. )

Happy listening. Glad the pillow products worked out for you.

Thanks and Best,
Bill Laurent
Eighth Nerve

ez-v

« Reply #4 on: 8 Feb 2004, 11:54 pm »
Any hint as to what this higher WAF acoustic treatment line consists of?

rosconey

« Reply #5 on: 9 Feb 2004, 12:28 am »
:o silk blindfold :o

WilliamL

« Reply #6 on: 9 Feb 2004, 02:57 am »
I just returned from HQ Nashville (I live in NYC) and got a glimpse of the new acoustical products designed by Nathan. I don't really want to spoil the surprise as we are planning a big product release in April, along with some very interesting and great publicity... Nathan (or me) will be able to elaborate more on the technical aspects of this product in the coming weeks. I will say that it represents what we feel is a unique first in home audio acoustics.
 8)  8)