Newbie, looking at N3 or N2X

monkeypimp

Re: Newbie, looking at N3 or N2X
« Reply #40 on: 2 Apr 2010, 02:06 am »
Ok so I have 4 black resistors...2 x 5ohm, 2 x 7ohm  and then I have 2 tan resistors....2 x 7 ohm....The schematic says 3.5 ohm...which resistor is that??

Danny Richie

« Reply #41 on: 2 Apr 2010, 02:16 am »
It sounds like you got twice as many 7's and no 3.5's. It also sounds like the guy that filled your order needs to pay more attention when he is filling orders instead of answering the phone and stuff while trying to do that stuff.

One more of those errors and the order packing guy is fired.

No wait, that's me.  :duh:

Okay, shoot me a e-mail with your shipping info on it asking for those 3.5's and I'll cut and paste the shipping info on the label and get it in the mail to you.

monkeypimp

« Reply #42 on: 2 Apr 2010, 02:29 am »
It sounds like you got twice as many 7's and no 3.5's. It also sounds like the guy that filled your order needs to pay more attention when he is filling orders instead of answering the phone and stuff while trying to do that stuff.

One more of those errors and the order packing guy is fired.

No wait, that's me.  :duh:

Okay, shoot me a e-mail with your shipping info on it asking for those 3.5's and I'll cut and paste the shipping info on the label and get it in the mail to you.

Email sent....Now with the 7 ohm resistors which ones do I use? The black ones or the tan ones? or does it not matter?

Danny Richie

« Reply #43 on: 2 Apr 2010, 02:45 am »
They are exactly the same just different production runs. Some are Black and some are the Brownish Tan. All the same though.

monkeypimp

« Reply #44 on: 5 Apr 2010, 07:55 pm »
They are exactly the same just different production runs. Some are Black and some are the Brownish Tan. All the same though.

Just curious if you were able to send these out yet?

Also what is the best size piece to mount the crossover onto?  I will likely use a thinner piece of MDF...just curious what the right dimensions for it are.

Danny Richie

« Reply #45 on: 5 Apr 2010, 09:19 pm »
Just curious if you were able to send these out yet?

I already mailed the out.

Also what is the best size piece to mount the crossover onto?

Typically I cut a little piece of 3/8" thick MDF about 4" by 6". Sean (skiing Ninja) builds them out all the time so he might can tell you exactly the size he uses too.

Ron

« Reply #46 on: 5 Apr 2010, 09:59 pm »
 I normally mount the crossover parts for the Neo 2X's I build on a piece of 1/4" thick MDF cut 5" W x 7" L. Also, I glue 1/4" thick x 11/16" O.D. flat rubber washers on the bottom of the board at all four (4) corners and secure to the bottom of the cabinet with No. 8 x 1" L hex head sheet metal screws.

monkeypimp

« Reply #47 on: 9 Apr 2010, 02:58 am »
I got this progress email on my enclosures  :thumb:   The small little piece in the front is sealed to show the final coloration.  :thumb:

I can't wait for these to be done and then see the matching stands that go with these!!

Danny Richie

« Reply #48 on: 9 Apr 2010, 01:08 pm »
Man, those are going to look great!

sl_1800

« Reply #49 on: 9 Apr 2010, 04:02 pm »
Now those are going to look great.  :drool:

monkeypimp

« Reply #50 on: 24 Apr 2010, 06:38 pm »
So I should have my cabinets this coming week.  He is now working on the matching Zebra wood stands.   :P :P

I am now working on the crossovers and will post photos of those and have some of you double check my work.

Anyway here is the photo of my cabinets all finished and ready for me to build em out.

chip

« Reply #51 on: 24 Apr 2010, 10:20 pm »
Jay those look great!

monkeypimp

« Reply #52 on: 25 Apr 2010, 04:03 pm »
I think I have one Crossover done.  Can you experts look these pics over and tell me whether or not this crossover looks put together correctly?  And thanks in advance for you help.

Danny Richie

« Reply #53 on: 25 Apr 2010, 06:41 pm »
It looks okay.