ONE.2 how-to's/Issues

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
ONE.2 how-to's/Issues
« on: 15 Mar 2010, 03:43 pm »
We've seen a few issues with new amps and I want to get in front of the issues.  Let's discuss them here and hopefully get through them without too much pain.

• A handful of ONE.2s arrived damage because the volume knobs were attached prior to shipment (a "no-no"). Please notify us immediately if your amp arrives damaged.
  • The new labels on the back (to reduce shorts) of the ONE.2s are causing some problems with the propeller posts - they are more likely to spin loose (requires opening unit to fix).
  • Original Virtue ONEs need bigger fuses to accomodate high current supplies supported by the external soft-start. A replacement fuse around 7A-10A will work well - it's a common part.  We should have sent these out with the soft-starts, but didn't. 

Please add to this list as you see issues.

Seth

dvenardos

Re: ONE.2 how-to's/Issues
« Reply #1 on: 16 Mar 2010, 05:51 pm »
He probably missed it. The heat sink you are referring to is the for the Virtue 3 and the dual-mo because they are capable of running at higher voltage. Probably aren't any available that you can buy yet.

cynan

« Reply #2 on: 16 Mar 2010, 06:52 pm »

• Original Virtue ONEs need bigger fuses to accomodate high current supplies supported by the external soft-start. A replacement fuse around 7A-10A will work well - it's a common part.  We should have sent these out with the soft-starts, but didn't. 

What about the original Virtue TWOs? Did they come with different fuses than the Virtue Ones?

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #3 on: 16 Mar 2010, 08:46 pm »
Hey sorry for the late reply.  We made around 30 pcs of those heatsinks for 2/3 prototypes and I'd like to hold onto them.  If you just cannot live with the heat generated with the amp, please send me a private VM explaining why you just can't wait for one.  Otherwise, please be patient and when we go to market with the 2/3 (date unknown), I'll make these available generally for sale at a reasonable price.

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #4 on: 17 Mar 2010, 03:06 am »
Incidentally, more than three customers have emailed me about their volume knobs being off-centered.  In the worst case, the customer could not fully rotate the volume knob.

The tolerance on that hole in the chasis for this production was pretty terrible and when shipped with the knobs on, the pots tended to shift.  The solution requires opening up the amp, loosening the POT nut, centering the POT and re-tightening.  If you're ambitious, take the POT out and wrap some tape around the shaft to fill the gap before re-inserting and tightening.

Guys, I'm not proud of this issue but since it didn't exist at the warehouse before the units were shipped, we missed it.  I'm deeply sorry and thankful for your help fixing the issue.

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
Re: ONE.2 User Manual
« Reply #5 on: 29 Mar 2010, 02:37 am »
I updated the Virtue ONE/TWO user manual for the ONE.2.

Please do let me know of any errors or omissions.

http://www.wihifi.com/virtuemanual/Virtue%20ONE.2%20User%20Manual.pdf

Seth