ADS speakers PB-1500 bass module w/C1500 anyone got a manual or more info?

utahtaper

Hi I'm new to these forums so I hope I posted in the right place. I just got the stuff mentioned above second hand. PB1500 was broke and I took the bass module apart to find the push/pull trannys fried on one side of the amp. Replaced them and heard it for a couple mins before it fried again. Well it turns out that the RCA inputs on the bottom of the module had a cracked solder joint that went unnoticed by me on the first run of repair. I was hoping someone out there had the original manual or specs for this unit. Anyone? I suspect that the module has to be hooked up to the C1500 to operate properly? Anyhow after correcting the dry joints and replacing the trannys again it's up and running and burning in. Complements my L1290's nicely. I know this unit is rare and I only find a couple mentions of it when I googled it. Was hoping some people with more experience with this unit could give me some pointers. I really would like to know what all the knobs do on the C1500!

raneypdx

You may find a pdf of the manual here.
http://sportsbil.com/ads/

Good luck with your search.

utahtaper

Thanks for the link. I didn't see it in there. Cool stuff though. Hopefully someone else can chime in....

raneypdx

The manual is there!  Scroll down the page and you'll see a document, pb-1500 om. pdf.  It's the manual for the PB-1500 powered bass module and the C-1500 Bass System Control. 

utahtaper

Holy crap! I looked that list over three times and I'll be damned that I missed it!  :duh:
Thanks for pointing that out!

Lonerangerll

I have one of these units and its great stuff with L400 sats. i do need the potentinometer (volumn control) for the c1500 so I just ordered one from YEP! CHINA!!!! cant find one here any where.
You may find a pdf of the manual here.
http://sportsbil.com/ads/

Good luck with your search.

Lonerangerll

Hi. Im also new to the circle and I to have the PB1500/C1500 units. I just had the woofers upgraded by Richard So to SD-10's. Only problem I have now is a THUMP at turn off. Irritating. I feel that it is the power supply filter caps. I really hate to open up the  amp housing. I sounds absolutly wonderful though with either the L400's and even better with the Shure HTS 50LRS speakers. Lots of control here and musical purity. NEED A REPAIR MANUEL FOR THE PB-1500 SUB.