Photos of your RWA set up

Tonski

Photos of your RWA set up
« on: 22 Feb 2010, 12:39 am »
Hi everyone.  I'm new to audio circle.  I recently picked up a RWA Signature 30.2 and a Isabellina HPA from Vinnie (the man who never sleeps it seems).  Before I get into what this post is really concerning I must say that Vinnie is a tireless worker.  As i'm based in Australia it normally is difficult to get into contact with people in the US.  But Vinnie has proven that this shouldn't be the case.  Always quick to answer questions and a great guy to deal with.  Now I want to sell his units in Australia just from the great service alone.  However the product is even better than the service so Vinnie is on a double winner. :thumb: :thumb: Now I just need to find a way to buy the Isabella.  I love the life that tubes can bring into a system.

OK now onto what I really wanted to post about.  I would love to see some photos of your RWA set up.  Please include a description of your gear and what future items you would love to add.

So this is my current set up.  RWA Signature 30.2 and Isabellina HPA.  Source is a Shanling CDT-100SE.  Current speakers are Dynaudio Contour 1.1.  I have a set of Omega Sticks on order with the plan to get an Omega Sub to fill in the lower end.  The head phone are Grado GS1000i  As you can see I like to keep things pretty simple.  Behind the Japanese style doors is my CD collection, one of the doors is open in one of the photos.  I have found the DAC in the Isabellina wipes the floor against the Shanling's so using the digital output only.

Keeping things simple is best when you have a 14 month old running around.  I think she enjoys the music more than I do.

Would love to see what everyone else has.

Tonski

krmathis

Re: Photos of your RWA set up
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2010, 08:10 am »
Nice looking rig you got there.  :D

I have a Isabellina and Signature 30.2 myself, as part of my headphone rig (no speakers around here).
As following: MacBook Pro -> Isabellina -> Signature 30.2 -> AKG K1000

Vinnie, thanks a lot for your great customer support and products.
I am not done!  :wink:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #2 on: 23 Feb 2010, 12:52 pm »
Hi Tonski,

Welcome to Audiocircle and the RWA forum!

I would love to see some photos of your RWA set up.  Please include a description of your gear and what future items you would love to add.

Nice post, and great idea!  Thank you.

As you can see I like to keep things pretty simple.

Love the pics and simplicity of your system, as well as krmathis' set-up (thanks for posting, krmathis).

Keeping things simple is best when you have a 14 month old running around.  I think she enjoys the music more than I do.

Very cute, and my daughter (who is now 3 years old) loves coming in to the listening room and jumping up and down and dancing to the music.  I love to watch her and the big smile on her face.  :inlove:   Thanks for sharing!

Most importantly, I'm glad you guys are enjoying listening to your RWA components - no matter if for home audio or headphone listening.

Hopefully in a few weeks, I'll be posting some pics of the new RWA listening room - it's coming along!

All the best,

Vinnie

Tonski

« Reply #3 on: 23 Feb 2010, 10:42 pm »
Thanks for the pictures krmathis.  Gotta love those AKG's.  Wish I could find a pair.

Vinnie I would love to see your new RWA listening room when it's set up.  Can only imagine the goodies that will be in there.  :drool:

Would still like to see what everyone else has.

krmathis

« Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2010, 11:56 am »
Thanks for the pictures krmathis.  Gotta love those AKG's.  Wish I could find a pair.

Hope you find a pair. They are well worth it.
Guess it does not help the situation that I have two pairs then . . .  :eyebrows:

I am looking forward to pictures of the new RWA listening room as well.

Eadron

« Reply #5 on: 24 Feb 2010, 03:37 pm »
Gotta love those AKG's.  Wish I could find a pair.

Tonski, there you have it:

http://hifiwigwam.com/view_topic.php?id=52250&forum_id=5
 :wink:

jouni

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #6 on: 3 Mar 2010, 06:37 pm »

I am looking forward to pictures of the new RWA listening room as well.

Almost there, guys!

It won't be "perfect," but its starting to get dialed-in and sounding big and spacious  :drool:

Cheers!

Vinnie

Tonski

« Reply #7 on: 3 Mar 2010, 10:41 pm »
Vinnie,

Are you able to give us a preview?  Love to see how it is coming along.

Tonski

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #8 on: 4 Mar 2010, 01:45 pm »
Vinnie,

Are you able to give us a preview?  Love to see how it is coming along.

Tonski

Let me try to take a few pics this weekend and post...

adamaley

« Reply #9 on: 4 Jul 2010, 04:48 am »
In the spirit of keeping this this thread alive:
Squeezebox 3 ---> Stereovox hdxv 2 ----> Isabellina --->Reality ICs ---> Isabella ---> Reality ICs ---> Sig 30.2 ---> Reality cables ---> Acoustic Zen Adagios
Sig 70.2s are surely in my future.

KingStyles

« Reply #10 on: 4 Jul 2010, 05:06 am »
Here is my setup at the moment.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #11 on: 5 Jul 2010, 02:10 pm »
Nice shots, guys!  Keep 'em coming!  :thumb:

adamaley

« Reply #12 on: 14 Jul 2010, 06:35 am »
KingStyles I recognize the hd800s, what headphones are the second pair? Im looking at the Lcd2 or hd800s as my final headphone upgrade. I'll be pairing them with the Isabella, once I get it in to Vinnie for a headphone option. Any thoughts?

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #13 on: 14 Jul 2010, 09:21 pm »
KingStyles I recognize the hd800s, what headphones are the second pair? Im looking at the Lcd2 or hd800s as my final headphone upgrade. I'll be pairing them with the Isabella, once I get it in to Vinnie for a headphone option. Any thoughts?

Hi adamaley,

Looks like a pair of modded Denon D7000s: http://www.lawtonaudio.com/

The LCD-2's are amazing with the Isabella with headphone output!

Plans are in the works to have the headphone jack on the Isabella to the front panel, along with other good stuff - more on that soon  :wink:

Best regards,

Vinnie

adamaley

« Reply #14 on: 16 Jul 2010, 06:27 pm »
Thanks for the response, Vinnie. I've read loads on the wonderful results of RWA equipment paired with HD800s. Be it the Amphora, HPA or Isabella. I read at headfi that the LCD-2s were also a hit with your equipment. My biggest concern is the LCD-2s having a similar sonic signature as the RWA equipment and creating too much of a good thing. Unfortunately, I missed CanJam in Chicago....will have to go out of my way to audition. KingStyles, which cans did you audition and what were your impressions and reasons for going with your current setup? Don't mean to divert the thread though. Kindly PM me.

Thanks, E

KingStyles

« Reply #15 on: 17 Jul 2010, 05:15 am »
Those wooden cans in the picture were Headphille darth beyers v4. http://headphile.com/page8.html I do also own a set of LA7000 too, but they werent pictured. I havent hears the lcd-2 yet, but I am going to a local show tomorrow that will have them there and I will be able to try them out on my isabellina. Everybody is raving about them so we will see if the hype is true.

adamaley

« Reply #16 on: 17 Jul 2010, 09:12 am »
Does this local meet happen to be in Minneapolis (fingers crossed)?

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #17 on: 20 Jul 2010, 12:07 pm »
I read at headfi that the LCD-2s were also a hit with your equipment. My biggest concern is the LCD-2s having a similar sonic signature as the RWA equipment and creating too much of a good thing.

Thanks, E

Hi adamaley,

There is no "too much of a good thing."  Its just "more better!"  :green:

Seriously, it really depends on the sound signature that you are looking for.  Both the HD800s and LCD-2s really sing with the Isabellina HPA and Isabella.  I have customers who own both (both RWA products and both headphones).  If you are on headfi, PM "decur."  He has the HPA, fully loaded Isabella, HD800s, Sony R10s, LCD-2s, and more.  I'm pretty sure that the LCD-2s (with ALO cabling) are his favorites. 

Thanks for the response, Vinnie. I've read loads on the wonderful results of RWA equipment paired with HD800s. Be it the Amphora, HPA or Isabella.

Just wait until they hear what I've been cooking up (or should I say "bottling" to keep with the wine theme  :wine:) for these units - details will be posted in a few weeks.  I've been keeping a napkin in my pocket to wipe the drool every time I listen  :drool: :drool: :drool:  8)

Those wooden cans in the picture were Headphille darth beyers v4. http://headphile.com/page8.html I do also own a set of LA7000 too, but they werent pictured.

Hi KingStyles,

Thanks for clarifying - I saw the wood cups and thought of Lawton Audio mods..

BTW - at RMAF this year, there will also be a CanJam room.  Get to Denver if you can!  I'm be attending - still working out the details, but looking forward to seeing many of you there!

Vinnie

Profbratsch

« Reply #18 on: 21 Jul 2010, 03:32 am »
Here is my setup in a finished basement.  The source is currently an overbuilt Windows-based server, with Blu-Ray and HD-DVD capability, although I have tried a MacBook Pro with terrific success as well.  The Mac has great transparency and is dead quiet in operation, while the PC portrays a more tube-like body of sound and presents a HUGE soundstage.  Given that the computer was modified by the Upgrade Company it should!  :wink:

adamaley

« Reply #19 on: 21 Jul 2010, 04:55 am »
Vinny,
We're sitting on tenterhooks waiting for you to reveal what this new product is. You say it will take the performance of your already-existing products to the next level. Well, I can't believe that is possible, but I won't want to bet against you.  :nono:
Your delivery to promise ratio seems to be a 1:1. I for one, am excited.

E