Looking for Mono-block amp, at least 100 true watts..more is fine...Inexpensive

starkiller

See last post, am holding off for a bit....

Looking for an inexpensive SS mono-block amp, preferably at least 100 true watts. I am in the process of selling my Anthem AMP 2 SE as the cash reserves are dwindling but I need a replacement first that isnt too bad.

Was looking at a Carver TFM-15(?) that can be bridged but i think i want a dedicated mono.  Have heard good things about the Marantz, B&K and Parasound mono-blocks...ideas??
« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2010, 05:21 am by starkiller »

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Have you looked over our For Sale-Amplification Circle for something that might tickle your fancy?

Cheers,
Robin

starkiller

Sure did, lots of stuff tickles but at too high a price.  I need to make some $ between what I sell the Anthem for and what I buy....:)

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
 :banghead:  I just realized that this thread is IN the link I provided. Must be getting into late nite.  :lol:

starkiller

Its not late, i'm just starting to wake up!!  :D

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
As for selling your Anthem.... see this...  :thumb:

starkiller

Thanks for the heads-up!  Yeah, I saw that, but already have someone who has wanted it for awhile, we are just haggling shipping issues and price :)

But I want another amp already in-house before sending off the anthem, wife won't like not having blu-rays to watch :)

pearsall001

• AAD 2001 monitor
I have this unit powering my center speaker in HT. It does a great job. Plenty of clean power, slim design yet hefty build. The auto music sensing trigger is a nice feature also. Priced right to boot.

pearsall001

• AAD 2001 monitor
Oops!!! I forgot to include the link...it's early & I didn't have my coffee yet.
http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/2200.html

mcgsxr

I have a mono Altec pro amp that I have been trying as a sub amp, but the 75w just don't do it for bass in my HT.

Not sure where you are located, shipping might be the kicker, as it is not small.

http://alteclansingunofficial.nlenet.net/proelectronics/proamplifiers/1407A-1415A-Data.pdf

Wayner

Outlaw Audio has a nice mono-block that sells for $349 each, with 200 watts RMS. So, for $700, you'd have a nice little amplification system.

Wayner

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
You should check out this thread: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=76400.0 if you haven't already

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
In one word PARASOUND. OK two Rotel. Ok three Outlaw as well.

charles

BPT

• Industry Participant
  • Balanced Power Technologies
What is your price range?

starkiller

BPT

Under $250...

Everyone else :)
Yeah, been searching out the marantz, parasound and b&k monoblocks.  Use to have 3 of the outlaws in my h/t system in the past and know those are good.

mcgsxr

I will do the Altec for $50 plus shipping, but it sounds like you are after other amps.

Good luck with the search,

starkiller

mcgxsr

yeah, need more more then 75...thanks though!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
BPT

Under $250...

Everyone else :)
Yeah, been searching out the marantz, parasound and b&k monoblocks.  Use to have 3 of the outlaws in my h/t system in the past and know those are good.

see my post #11

starkiller

yeah i saw that thread a while back, even posted in it.  Two strikes though against it...1, over my budget when a case in added in to the cost, 2--most important, i am about as handy as a gigolo at a lesbian conference.  Have never soldered a day in my life :)

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
yeah i saw that thread a while back, even posted in it.  Two strikes though against it...1, ... 2--most important, i am about as handy as a gigolo at a lesbian conference.  Have never soldered a day in my life :)

That's one of the funniest threads I have read all day  :lol:

Fantastic.

Anand.

P.S. Comparatively speaking, I surmise that soldering is a whole lot easier than being a gigolo at a lesbian conference. Once you heat it up, it's free flowing  :wink:.
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2010, 03:31 am by poseidonsvoice »