OB Subwoofers/amp/crossover $299

Mariusz

OB Subwoofers/amp/crossover $299
« on: 9 Feb 2010, 08:51 pm »
I thought about posting this in OB Circle but since this "kit" is offered in the package that is extremely easy to implement in any DIY OB design that even someone with limited skills shouldn't have any problems with execution I decided to post it here.

The kit inclueds two woofers, SS amp with volume and crossover that can be dial to match main drivers and your taste.
Jeff, the man behind this kit can also provide support in case you might have some questions or run into some problems.
He also sells complete OB kits and add on super tweeter (- the baffle) at
reasonable price.

It should be noted that I have no affiliation with Jeff or his business.
He is local (New Yorker - Long Island) and I came across his website by accident.
I have made the arrangements with Jeff to send me his "Boomer and Super Tweeter kit" for evaluation. This however will have to wait till the end of the month when I'll be back from vacation.

Here is the link to Jeff's website and the "Boomer Kit":
BOOMer Kit

Edit: added picture and fix the link

Best
Mariusz 
« Last Edit: 9 Feb 2010, 11:39 pm by Mariusz »

roscoeiii

Re: OB Subwoofers/amp/crossover $299
« Reply #1 on: 10 Feb 2010, 01:37 am »
I've really liked that amp (in its incarnation as the Emotiva BPA-1) to power my passive subwoofers. However, I've found bettere results using two amps bridged, rather than a single amp for dual subs. Of course the subs in the Boomer configuration may be easier to drive than my passive NHT SW2s.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Re: OB Subwoofers/amp/crossover $299
« Reply #2 on: 10 Feb 2010, 03:31 am »
That Emotiva BPA-1 is also sold by Parts Express as the APA 150. At least Emotiva wasn't price gouging when they sold it at a low $169 and it also looks great. Probably one of the most copied amps I have ever seen.

:o :eyebrows: :wink:

Anand.