Boy - am I horny

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Boy - am I horny
« Reply #20 on: 11 Feb 2010, 12:20 pm »
I am the guy in charge of that project. You would be interested to know that even on the horns themselves the Brystons have taken on all challengers!

We are currently making two seperate solutions; one is Byrston on the bass towers and the Wavestreams on the horns. The other is Bryston top and bottom. In either case, the Brystons have excelled in comparisons to many other amps...including MBL and Halcro.

Each solution has something special to offer; the Wavestreams excell in the  sense of space and texture, the Brystons in purity of tone, wonderful harmonic structure, and great speed. Each amp is good enough at what the other excells at that it is a close call between the $67k Wavestreams and the Bryston 7BSST2!

Frankly, so far, no other amps have come close to these.

WOW that sure puts the 7B's in good company!

james

drummermitchell

« Reply #21 on: 11 Feb 2010, 01:33 pm »
Right on :thumb:.

Rippy

« Reply #22 on: 11 Feb 2010, 08:31 pm »
 What is funny about the entire thing is that I requested the Bryston 7BSST2 as bass amps, and everyone thought that was a good idea for the "rough in". Bryston has always had a great reputation for bass. And, surely, we would want more expensive "better" amps for the finished project. Also, absolutely, we would need tubes on top. Thats just the Revealed Wisdom, after all.

As it turns out, the Bryston has beat, so far, all SS comers, at all prices, and most all the tubes on either the bass or the horns.

I should clarify a bit; we use active speaker management hardware that is also capable of very precise parametric and graphic eq. I can "dial out" the individual tonal flavors of different amps (and cables..thats another story). What is left over is the actual amplifier character; its dynamic behavior, its noise, its settling time, distortion, and so on. The Bryston family of amplifiers is truly excellent. It is no longer a "Bang for the buck" product, but should, in my opinion, be considered a superior solution at any price point.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #23 on: 12 Feb 2010, 01:28 am »
I am the guy in charge of that project. You would be interested to know that even on the horns themselves the Brystons have taken on all challengers!

We are currently making two seperate solutions; one is Byrston on the bass towers and the Wavestreams on the horns. The other is Bryston top and bottom. In either case, the Brystons have excelled in comparisons to many other amps...including MBL and Halcro.

Each solution has something special to offer; the Wavestreams excell in the  sense of space and texture, the Brystons in purity of tone, wonderful harmonic structure, and great speed. Each amp is good enough at what the other excells at that it is a close call between the $67k Wavestreams and the Bryston 7BSST2!

Frankly, so far, no other amps have come close to these.

Awesome.