Worst Furniture Ever

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Worst Furniture Ever
« on: 19 Feb 2010, 04:30 am »
Anyone ever have that faux leather overstuffed furniture, the kind that absorbs humidity, and then dust, and forms a sticky layer? Yes that disgusting stuff that I got in the 90s - $700 for sofa, loveset, chair, ottoman. I can't believe that I spent the energy to move this furniture 10 years ago to a new house.

I have procrastinated getting rid of this stuff. Tomorrow the bulky item pickup comes to take away the chair and ottoman. Next week I will drag out the sofa and love seat.

I can't emphasize how worthless this stuff is. The chair was always impossible to sit in. The vinyl? material was porous, so although it looked like cheap leather, but it had almost none of leather's characteristics. Bare skin always stuck to it, and paper and boxes, even boards that I stored on them literally had to be peeled off, leaving a residue on the objects and paper slathered on to the 'pleather'.

Stu Pitt

Re: Worst Furniture Ever
« Reply #1 on: 20 Feb 2010, 03:07 pm »
I work at a college.  Rather than throw stuff like that out, I ask a few students if they have any interest in taking it.  They always look like kids in a candy store when they come to get the stuff.  And I don't have to move anything.  Its a win-win situation.

Some charity organizations may also be willing to pick stuff up.  Don't get me wrong, garbage is garbage and you know if it is or isn't.

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Re: Worst Furniture Ever
« Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2010, 01:31 am »
I would not wish that stuff on my worst enemy - the surface gets gummy and there is nothing you can do about it...thankfully they picked it up by 8:30am