Soundsilver cables

evan1

Soundsilver cables
« on: 6 Feb 2010, 05:30 pm »
Just got a pair today in the mail . I'll report back after a good listen.

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?cablintr&1270005954&/Soundsilver-Silver-signal-rca

« Last Edit: 6 Feb 2010, 10:52 pm by evan1 »

Mariusz

Re: Soundsilver cables
« Reply #1 on: 6 Feb 2010, 09:40 pm »
For that money it might not be necessary to bother with your iron.

Mariusz

evan1

« Reply #2 on: 6 Feb 2010, 10:01 pm »
Well  took me a little time to get the right synergy with these cables. I am using them on my Squeeezbox. Viola, nice detail ,smooth ,good bass. Great if you have copper cables on your  pre and amp and looking to get a little more detail in your upper freq. Not harsh sounding.Guitars had the twang I like and percussion was quick and tight.
  Good cable ,well made for 39.00. It is a little fragile not advised to over  bend because it has no insulation around the solid core silver wire. Comes with Switchcraft RCA plugs which I like because it is nice and snug . My next test is on my cd player .We will see how they compare to Audioquest Sky's.

Thats it , enjoy

Soundsilver is located in Long Island NY ,see linky above. Stewart was great to deal with and I got my cables in 1 day. Probably because I am in NY.
« Last Edit: 6 Feb 2010, 11:54 pm by evan1 »

soundsilver

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 6 Feb 2010, 10:38 pm »
I just wanted to thank Evan for both purchasing the interconnects and posting his favorable review.
I  also want to add some clarification regarding the copper ground.
The wire is actually magnet wire which has an enamel or sometimes polyurethane coating which acts as the insulator, so it is quite durable. Also, if the Switchcraft connectors are a problem I can probably swap them out for Neutriks for a few extra dollars. However, I feel the Switchcraft has considerably better construction and sound. Thanks again Evan you are truly a good man.
Regards to all Stewart @ Soundsilver 

evan1

« Reply #4 on: 6 Feb 2010, 10:50 pm »
I just wanted to thank Evan for both purchasing the interconnects and posting his favorable review.
The wire is actually magnet wire which has an enamel or sometimes polyurethane coating which acts as the insulator, so it is quite durable. Also, if the Switchcraft connectors are a problem I can probably swap them out for Neutriks for a few extra dollars. However, I feel the Switchcraft has considerably better construction and sound. Thanks again Evan you are truly a good man.

Well wait to the NY Audio Ravers hear it at the next rave in 2 weeks , you might hate me. :lol:

MaxCast

« Reply #5 on: 7 Feb 2010, 12:57 am »
Hi soundsilver, do you have any other products?  Web site?
Thanks

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #6 on: 7 Feb 2010, 01:13 am »
Well  took me a little time to get the right synergy with these cables. I am using them on my Squeeezbox. Viola, nice detail ,smooth ,good bass. Great if you have copper cables on your  pre and amp and looking to get a little more detail in your upper freq. Not harsh sounding.Guitars had the twang I like and percussion was quick and tight.
  Good cable ,well made for 39.00. It is a little fragile not advised to over  bend because it has no insulation around the solid core silver wire. Comes with Switchcraft RCA plugs which I like because it is nice and snug . My next test is on my cd player .We will see how they compare to Audioquest Sky's.

Thats it , enjoy

Soundsilver is located in Long Island NY ,see linky above. Stewart was great to deal with and I got my cables in 1 day. Probably because I am in NY.

Comparing a $39 ic with a >$1000 ic...should be interesting.

BTW, which version of the AudioQuest Sky ic do you have?

George 

soundsilver

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 7 Feb 2010, 01:37 am »
Currently I am only offering the interconnects as I am just getting Soundsilver off the ground. I am currently in the process of developing a website (on my own, should be fun). I just wanted to offer people a viable way of getting good sound without paying a fortune for the peripherals. More money for music.  Thanks for the inquiry.
Stewart @ Soundsilver

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #8 on: 7 Feb 2010, 01:44 am »
What's with these cable guys up in Long Island? They all seem to offer very high value for the dollar. First is Signal Cable, run by Frank Dai, and now Soundsilver by Stewart.

Kudos, hope your company does well. At least you are not gouging the uninformed audiophile mass!  :duh:

Anand.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: 7 Feb 2010, 01:51 am »
Soundsilver

Time to make a reasonabley priced silver USB cable...you'll do very well with that. 

soundsilver

• Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: 7 Feb 2010, 02:05 am »
Anand. Thanks for your kind words. It must be something in the water. Thanks again. Stewart

evan1

« Reply #11 on: 7 Feb 2010, 07:44 am »
Comparing a $39 ic with a >$1000 ic...should be interesting.

BTW, which version of the AudioQuest Sky ic do you have?

George 

36v DBS

Barry_NJ

• So much media... So little time...
« Reply #12 on: 12 Jul 2010, 06:32 pm »
Well, sometimes I look after I leap, and here's one of 'em ;)

After I purchased a set of Soundsilver Dual Silver cables, I decided to search AC to see what I could find. I think these are of a different construction than the cables Evan bought. Dual runs of Silver in Teflon, without the copper ground wire, though I could be wrong.
I like the concept behind them and the price was right ($57/ 4ft pair). I'll be posting my findings after I get them.

« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2010, 03:02 am by Barry_NJ »

evan1

« Reply #13 on: 12 Jul 2010, 11:29 pm »
Well, sometimes I look after I leap, and here's one of 'em ;)

After I purchased a set of Soundsilver Dual Silver cables, I decided to search AC to see what I could find. These are of a different construction than the cables Evan bought. Dual runs of Silver in Teflon, as opposed to copper in enamel.
I like the concept behind them and the price was right ($57/ 4ft pair). I'll be posting my findings after I get them.

Barry

the cables I have are silver

2gumby2

« Reply #14 on: 13 Jul 2010, 11:50 am »
I purchased some Soundsilver cables about three months ago and I am a very satisfied customer. Highly recommended! Soundsilver and Bluejeans are my favorite cable manufacturers.

Barry_NJ

« Reply #15 on: 13 Jul 2010, 04:18 pm »
Barry

the cables I have are silver

Yeah, I misread Stewart's post

The wire is actually magnet wire which has an enamel or sometimes polyurethane coating which acts as the insulator
, so it is quite durable. Also, if the Switchcraft connectors are a problem I can probably swap them out for Neutriks for a few extra dollars. However, I feel the Switchcraft has considerably better construction and sound. Thanks again Evan you are truly a good man.

usp1

« Reply #16 on: 13 Jul 2010, 07:33 pm »
Where can I find more information about these? Is there a link or website to see the different products?

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #17 on: 13 Jul 2010, 08:26 pm »
Where can I find more information about these? Is there a link or website to see the different products?
This is all I found but you can get in contact with him

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?cablintr&1283691608
http://www.hififlo.com/category/207/Interconnects/listings/700/Soundsilver-Dual-Silver-Signal.html

Does anyone know the diff. between these and the MAC ultra silver IC's

evan1

« Reply #18 on: 14 Jul 2010, 10:22 pm »
Bill
Buy a pair of the Mac's and I'll lend you my soundsilver cable

Barry_NJ

« Reply #19 on: 15 Jul 2010, 03:37 pm »
Well I received my cables today. So turn around, service, was very respectable. I don't think I'll get a chance to listen tonight, but I'll plug 'em in, and hopefully tomorrow night and over the weekend I'll give 'em a good listen.