Do We Listen With Our Eyes?

stereocilia

Re: Do We Listen With Our Eyes?
« Reply #20 on: 6 Feb 2010, 03:48 am »
KungFu

GeorgeHudetz

« Reply #21 on: 6 Feb 2010, 04:42 am »
^I think KungFu was about "seeing with your ears."  Which, I guess, is what we do when we close our eyes and allow ourselves to believe the soundstage we hear in front of us.

some young guy

« Reply #22 on: 6 Feb 2010, 04:51 am »
I deeply beleive that, for non critical components, I.e Interconnects, speaker wire. People hear better sound depending on the knowlage of how much he or she spent on the said item. I also would wager that with non critical listeners image of a particular component and probably size can have a major influence on perceived sound quality.

Funny enough; after several years of spending more and more money on different cables as well as building them for a local designer, we found some very inexpencive wire that we both prefered for speaker wire, interconnects and internal hook-up wire.
We both knew this wire had the "wrong" metal, "wrong" dialectric and was very cheap, but the improvement over the very expencive (and very good sounding) silver we had been using was undeniable. Btw it took us about 2 years just to find the right sounding silver too.  :duh:

keenween

« Reply #23 on: 7 Feb 2010, 05:00 am »
i cant believe no one posted this after watching the first video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSwJ2rjUSdc