Jollida FX10 Just got it!

chgolatin2

Jollida FX10 Just got it!
« on: 29 Jan 2010, 07:34 am »
Just got my new little FX10 today for just $330 Shipped now that's cheap and cheerful and what a nice lil unit.  I'm very happy, I haven't listened to it as of yet but tomorrow she will be singing  :eyebrows: :wink: :thumb:

JohnR

Re: Jollida FX10 Just got it!
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2010, 07:50 am »
Nice deal. I hope you didn't have to kill anyone from above to get it.

charmerci

« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2010, 10:25 am »
I love those red cylindrical speakers just behind it!!!   :lol:

Mariusz

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jan 2010, 03:01 pm »
Please tell us how it sounds (when you get a chance) and what speakers are you going to use with it ?

Thanks
Mariusz

chgolatin2

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jan 2010, 03:17 pm »
SRB, thank you!  Well, she sounds awesome and this is my current combo with the FX10 a Roth Music Cocoon MC4 running with a pair of PSB B25 monitors speakers.  Sounds really, really nice!  I am very happy with this system.  I know its not an "Audiophile" system but I'm sure it could compete with one  :eyebrows:  overall, very satisfied!  Who said good music had to be expensive?  :scratch: :nono:

betweentheears

« Reply #5 on: 29 Jan 2010, 03:41 pm »
 And I thought I was the only person in the world who own's a Roth.

srb

« Reply #6 on: 29 Jan 2010, 04:11 pm »
Well, she sounds awesome and this is my current combo with the FX10 a Roth Music Cocoon MC4 running with a pair of PSB B25 monitors speakers.  Sounds really, really nice!

Okay, I'm a little confused.  Both the MC4 and FX10 are integrated amplifiers.  The MC4 looks like it doesn't have any line outputs, only speaker outputs.

So how are you utilizing both of them?

Steve

Mariusz

« Reply #7 on: 29 Jan 2010, 05:07 pm »
I would also suggest investigating new Onkyo itransporter (Wadia alike - just cheaper) as a source with your iPod.  After few weeks in my system I can say that it is preaty impresive. (cost - around $200).

Nice pics but away.

Mariusz

chgolatin2

« Reply #8 on: 30 Jan 2010, 05:08 am »
srb, look into Music Cocoon MC4, it does have line inputs for cd, aux and a mini jack. 

drphoto

« Reply #9 on: 30 Jan 2010, 06:20 am »
Nice looking house.  Any other pics you'd care to post on that? yeah, I know a bit off thread, but I love cool architecture/interior design. The audio gear definitely has a nice design too.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #10 on: 30 Jan 2010, 08:34 am »
 "It’s new, it’s cool and it sounds great! The Jolida FX-10 is a real hoot and will no doubt prove to be a popular unit. Whether for an office, dorm room, table top or entry level system, the FX-10 will provide the sweet, musical tube sound that has made Jolida famous.
        Not only does it sound great, the FX-10 has a host of features to make it convenient and flexible. It’s full remote handset controls volume and selects input. There are two RCA line inputs on the rear for your CD, tuner, phono preamp or any other line source. An additional line input on front panel accepts 1/8” mini plug and can be used to connect a portable audio player. Jolida has included a special cable for the iPod that allows you to use the line output, rather than the headphone output, for optimum performance.
        The FX-10 biases itself automatically, so no user adjustments are required. It's about as plug-and-play as tube audio gets! "

"The FX-10 is a 10 watts per channel....The amp uses two matched pairs of EL-84 output tubes as well as 12AX7 preamplifier input tubes. The amp is run in Class AB1, Ultra linear. Input impedance is a very high 100K and there are both 4 and 8 ohm speaker taps on the rear. Both binding posts and input jacks are gold plated."

Enjoy !!! 8)

TheChairGuy

« Reply #11 on: 30 Jan 2010, 10:32 am »
Who said good music had to be expensive?  :scratch: :nono:

Not me - at least not me, recently

My nephew-in-law (whatever he is :scratch:, married to my niece) is a professional musician - that is, he makes his only income playing the stand up bass.  He listens to everything on a $199 Emerson or Sylvania all-in-one system center.  As any audiophool must, I ribbed him about music quality...but for him, he hears everything he needed to.

My qualifications for playing music - zilch (one failed four year trial in middle school playing the alto sax).  His qualifications?  Played with Sting, Joe Henderson, Jazzfests in many countries and with other luminaries and has his own paid trio (sometimes quartet) for many years in and around DC/Baltimore corridor.

My buddy Rob is a Julliard grad (piano) and has been a session musician for The Turtles and others and is a high school music teacher today.  His system is equally appalling :icon_lol:

So, good music need be expensive?  Nah..... :)

If it brings you pleasure, then it's music to your ears.

John

chgolatin2

« Reply #12 on: 30 Jan 2010, 03:03 pm »
Off topics, pictures of the house I just re-built. 

nodiak

« Reply #13 on: 1 Feb 2010, 11:45 pm »
Nice clean work. Great blend of wood warmth, nice tiles, and tastey metal work. Way to go!
Don

pardales

« Reply #14 on: 2 Feb 2010, 01:31 am »
Nice pic's. Enjoy!   :thumb:

sugbob21

« Reply #15 on: 5 Feb 2010, 01:53 pm »
how does this amp stack up against the Miniwatt? that was a giant killer that i easily swap in and out of my main system as a change of pace and it doesnt miss a beat. Still have it.
does this amp have the same potential in a maisn system obviously with efficient speakers. (i own omegas).

chgolatin2

« Reply #16 on: 5 Feb 2010, 05:37 pm »
Never had a Miniwat, so I cant comment on it.  I did have a Baby Sophia and to my ears this FX10 sounds way better than the Baby Electric Sophia

mshan

« Reply #17 on: 5 Feb 2010, 05:42 pm »
Any idea of how it stacks up against the Jolida JD-102b?

chgolatin2

« Reply #18 on: 5 Feb 2010, 05:52 pm »

Jolida JD-102
SPECIFICATIONS

Maximum Power Output: 25 W per channel at 8 ohms, 1KHz
Rated Output Power: 20 W per channel at 8 ohms, 26Hz to 50KHz
Frequency Response: (at 1 watt into 8 ohms) 7Hz to 95KHz + 1dB; 0dB at 1KHz
Bandwidth: 14Hz to 80KHz + 3dB; 0dB = 20 W 1KHz, 8 ohms
Distortion THD + N: Less than 1.5% at 15W output, 39Hz to 10KHz, 8 ohms
Circuit Type: Ultra Linear, Class AB1
Input Impedance: = or < 250Kohms
Input Sensitivity: Max. 900mV for 20 watt output at 1KHz
Output Impedance: 4 ohms and 8 ohms
Negative Feedback: Less than 7 dB
Signal & Noise Ratio S/N: 70dB below rated output from 10Hz to 200Khz.
Tube Complement: 2 matched pairs (4) of EL84 power output;
2 pcs. 12AX7A pre-amplifier.
Power Requirements: 110V-120 VAC 60Hz 90 watts-standby, 200 watts maximum (220 VAC 50Hz option).
Dimensions: 12 inches wide by 8 inches deep by 5 inches high.
Weight: 18 pounds net, approximately 22 pounds packaged
Warranty: One year limited parts and labor.

chgolatin2

« Reply #19 on: 5 Feb 2010, 05:57 pm »
Judging by specs alone, the JD-102 performs better by the numbers.  I never owned one so I cant really comment, however, I do love my FX10 and Jolida is coming out with more products to incorporate with the FX series line up.  More to come!   :eyebrows: :thumb: :wink:

Jolida FX10 Specs

Integrated Amplifier
Specifications:
• Tube Compliment: 4 – EL-84, 2 – 12AX7
• Power: 10 watts per channel
• Remote control
• iPod cable included