Question for AKSA 100 owners

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #40 on: 17 Feb 2004, 03:49 am »
Hugh, Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress concerning the home audition !  :)

jonwb

« Reply #41 on: 18 Feb 2004, 09:41 pm »
This audition tour is a great idea!

Please add me to "the LIST".

FWIW, I'm in Wisconsin (metro-Milwaukee area).  Same neighborhood as audiojerry...

Thanks Hugh and gang

markn

Audition
« Reply #42 on: 19 Feb 2004, 01:38 pm »
Please add me to the audition list!  

I am in the Dallas area.

Thanks!

Mark Nash

email: markn1@mindspring.com

lonewolfny42

« Reply #43 on: 15 Mar 2004, 05:33 am »
Hello Hugh, Hope all's well !! Any news concerning the home audition tour ? Thanks !!  :)

AKSA

« Reply #44 on: 15 Mar 2004, 05:58 am »
Hi LoneWolf,

I'm awaiting two transformers, a special box for it, and having a timber packing case made up.

Hoping it won't be too long.....

Cheers,

Hugh

lonewolfny42

« Reply #45 on: 15 Mar 2004, 06:10 am »
Quote from: AKSA
Hi LoneWolf,

I'm awaiting two transformers, a special box for it, and having a timber packing case made up.

Hoping it won't be too long.....

Cheers,

Hugh
Thanks Hugh !! :)

kyrill

« Reply #46 on: 15 Mar 2004, 10:39 pm »
well i clicked at the signature of lonewolf and now I understand why he is first interested in listening to an AKSA amp before buying one.

In your AKSA amp that will travel the world, Hugh, did you incorporate the Nirwana PLUS?

I would do it

AKSA

« Reply #47 on: 15 Mar 2004, 10:58 pm »
Hi Kyrill,

Yes, I did, although I'm having trouble with one final part which I can't seem to find.  :cry:   But I'll get there.  My Gawd, this sourcing business for audio jewellry is tricky!

Cheers,

Hugh

lonewolfny42

« Reply #48 on: 13 Apr 2004, 11:40 pm »
Quote from: kyrill
well i clicked at the signature of lonewolf and now I understand why he is first interested in listening to an AKSA amp before buying one.

In your AKSA amp that will travel the world, Hugh, did you incorporate the Nirwana PLUS?

I would do it
kyrill,
    I've never understood what you meant by this comment ? Care to enlighten me ????? I'm searching for another amp...for a second system. I have a tube preamp, cdp, and as of today, speakers are in place.[/list:u]
      Hugh, almost there ? Thanks !! :) [/list:u]

AKSA

« Reply #49 on: 14 Apr 2004, 12:53 am »
Hmmm.

Wolf, the audition 100W AKSA is nearing completion, but I confess to difficulties improving on the Nirvana.  It's very long work.  I've been auditioning every day now with constant mods for about three months, and I'm not happy yet.  I want palpable enhancements, and while I'm now happy with the 55W, not so with the 100W.  So I'm still plugging away.   :cry:

Like you, I want this audition 100W amp to include the Nirvana Plus, because I want to show prospective builders the best I can.  So, it's taking a long time.......   :idea:

The real problem is that I can't keep my mouth shut, and generally signal my intentions to the world.  This naturally arouses curiousity, and places pressure on me (no bad thing!!) but it does call for patience, and this in turn causes a lot of frustration.  I can only apologize for that, just life I guess....... :oops:  

I hope I haven't completely upset you, and others, this creation thingo is tricky, I can tell you!!  Ben and I are in full agreement that this has also beset the DAKSA - but rest assured that all these products will be well sorted when finally released.  That's always the tough one;  when to release, when to call it quits on development. :finger:

Cheers,

Hugh

PS:  I notice you like Elgar, the Jacqueline Dupres version perhaps?  One of my all time favourite pieces of music is the Enigma Variations, something so haunting and so emotive I have mentally chosen it for my own funeral!!  (Not for some decades to come, I might add........ :mrgreen: )

lonewolfny42

« Reply #50 on: 14 Apr 2004, 01:20 am »
Yes Hugh, I enjoy the Elgar piece...and  Jacqueline du Pre. I could play it all day long, and she was an excellent cellist !!!!!
    I understand about the time it takes to "get it right"...thats the only way I'd like it done !!! I'll wait as long as it takes....just didn't know how close....and plus I get to say hello and post in your circle, and I'm all thumbs when it comes to assembling things :thumb:....thanks Hugh !! :)  [/list:u]

kyrill

« Reply #51 on: 14 Apr 2004, 11:26 am »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
Quote from: kyrill

I would do it
kyrill,
    I've never understood what you meant by this comment ? Care to enlighten me ????? I'm searching for another amp...for a second system. I have a tube preamp, cdp, and as of today, speakers are in place.[/list:u]
      Hugh, almost there ? Thanks !! :) [/list:u]

Hi Lonewolf

Clicking yr signature reveals yr already very  high-endish equipment. So yr listening (pre) reference  is already equally developed. To better on yr equipment does not come easy. So you need listening.  To come from NAD, Rotel,  Accuphase, Meridian to name a few, AKSA can be blindly bought to bring a considerable improvement. But  Audio Research and companions may need the AKSA to listen at home

lonewolfny42

« Reply #52 on: 19 Jun 2004, 11:15 am »
Hello Hugh,
    On the verge of the Summer Solstice here in the U.S.A., thought I'd check in with you and see how your progressing on the 100W  AKSA with Nirvana Plus. And, to wish you a Happy Father's Day !! (6/20/04 in the U.S.) I guess your heading into winter now. Thanks for any info !! :) [/list:u]

Malcolm Fear

« Reply #53 on: 19 Jun 2004, 09:58 pm »
Hi Kyrill
I have heard AKSA power amps in systems that boasted Audio Research.
One person with an Audio Research D115 now owns an AKSA 55. Prefers the AKSA to Audio Research.
I have another friend with an Audio Research pre amp. I loaned him my GK-1 for 6 weeks (I went on holidays). He wants to now buy an AKSA GK-1.
I think that AKSA can stand up and be counted amongst all comers and not just the Rotel upgrade brigade.

AKSA

« Reply #54 on: 19 Jun 2004, 11:24 pm »
Wolf,

I'm getting very close with the N+ for the 100W, but it's been tough, going down several blind alleys.  I really want this to be in the top 5% of power amps in the world, and this means lots of experimentation.

I apologize for the time it is taking;  won't be long now.

I have the completed enclosure, the two 120Vac power transformers and the timber shipping crate, so the wherewithal is ready to roll.

Thank you for inquiring - you (and others) have been very patient.

Cheers,

Hugh

lonewolfny42

« Reply #55 on: 20 Jun 2004, 02:23 am »
Thank You Hugh !!! :D

JohnR

« Reply #56 on: 20 Jun 2004, 02:47 am »
Quote from: Malcolm Fear
I think that AKSA can stand up and be counted amongst all comers and not just the Rotel upgrade brigade.

Agreed :thumb: I used to own an ARC 100.2.

But! Peoples likes what they likes  :surrender:

:lol:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #57 on: 11 Jul 2004, 10:04 am »
Well with 3,428 views and 56 replies....the time is now!! :dance:  Thanks again Hugh !!!....Welcome the US Audition Tour of the Aspen AKSA 100W N+.... http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=11644  :thumb:

Rocket

aksa 100 audition tour
« Reply #58 on: 12 Jul 2004, 03:01 am »
Hi Chris,

Apart from the fact that the aksa 100 nirvana is an excellent product it is really satisfying dealing with a person of hugh's calibre.  He provides excellent backup for his customers (i recently sent one of my amp boards in for repair) and replies to many emails daily in a timely manner.

I also like reading about what is happening on the aksa forum as it is always polite and friendly.

regards

rocket