New room demensions??

syntheticwave

Re: New room demensions??
« Reply #20 on: 22 Jan 2010, 09:15 pm »

charles

Nearfield Acoustics Pipedream 924 speakers, Sunfire sub....

...based at such nearfield approach the Holophony principle is able for change the palayback room size virtually, smaller and larger. The procedure is described at www.holophony.net.

I think with your Pipedreams seems the first step in that direction and decrease the playback room acoustics considerably, right?

Artemis

« Reply #21 on: 23 Jan 2010, 02:58 am »
My speaker builder suggest the speakers sound best when about 12 feet apart and around 3 feet away from the side walls.With that said I whould need a room about 18' wide.He also said that they sound the best when the listening position distance matched the width distance so that would meen about 12' away at least.I always like when speakers are out from the back wall,in my current setup the speakers are about 7' from the back wall.This sounds best to me as it gives me a great sense of depth.thats was behind my logic when I came up with the idea of such a big room..Ohh the room will be sheetrocked ,the concret will just be the foundation..I wish I could model my room after the room down at OvertureAudio in Delaware.No matter what I here in that room it always sounds perfect..     

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #22 on: 23 Jan 2010, 03:10 am »
My speaker builder suggest the speakers sound best when about 12 feet apart and around 3 feet away from the side walls.With that said I whould need a room about 18' wide.He also said that they sound the best when the listening position distance matched the width distance so that would meen about 12' away at least.I always like when speakers are out from the back wall,in my current setup the speakers are about 7' from the back wall.This sounds best to me as it gives me a great sense of depth.thats was behind my logic when I came up with the idea of such a big room..Ohh the room will be sheetrocked ,the concret will just be the foundation..I wish I could model my room after the room down at OvertureAudio in Delaware.No matter what I here in that room it always sounds perfect..   

Artemis,

Think 3 dimensionally. If you're builder can also isolate your floor with drywall/sheetrock from the concrete foundation (which is going to reflect very seriously)... that will also be of great benefit.

Toole & Geddes...they will not lead you in the wrong direction.

Best,
Anand.

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #23 on: 23 Jan 2010, 03:49 am »
He also said that they sound the best when the listening position distance matched the width distance so that would meen about 12' away at least.

Twelve feet from speakers that are twelve feet apart would put the listening position about ten feet further from the front wall than the speakers, I believe, which saves you a whole two feet in room length!   :D