Jets vs SD

BikeWNC

Re: Jets vs SD
« Reply #20 on: 18 Jan 2010, 02:11 am »
Ryan and Shottenheimer have handled Sanchez wonderfully.  Their game plan is to not lose it in the first half, let the defense settle in.  They opened up a bit in the second half letting Sanchez throw more and that helped the running game.  They got the defense they counted on and the big play they needed on offense to win.  It was really a near perfect effort by the Jets. 

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #21 on: 18 Jan 2010, 02:19 am »
Don't read too much into this win. The Jets beat a spent Bengals team (twice) and then flustered The Lip sufficiently to stymie his heroics. As I mentioned earlier, no team has as much postseason losing tradition as the Bolts. The Colts, on the other hand, don't usually let bluster and bravado get to them. Bear in mind that the Jets are still only Ravens-Lite.

So who will play Peyton in the Super Bowl? Both NFC finalists look fragile and vulnerable to me. I guess I would choose the home team.

BikeWNC

« Reply #22 on: 18 Jan 2010, 02:36 am »
I'm not a Jets fan (Giants). But the Jets do have a bit better and more disciplined defense than the Ravens do.  The ravens held the Colts to 20 points.  I can't think of a gameplan that gets the Jets by the Colts next week unless the Colts beat themselves.  Any miscues will be taken advantage of by the Jets defense.  But in reality it will be a monster task to get the win over the Colts. 

I would give the NFC edge to the Saints because of home field and the noise issue.  But I think it will be close.  Both teams can score and I think the Vikings have a bit better defense.  The lower the score the better for the Vikings. 

jackman

« Reply #23 on: 18 Jan 2010, 03:00 am »

That same talk was said about both the Cowboys and the Chargers, yet here we are with the Jets.  :lol:

If nothing else, there's gonna be a lot of talk about how sitting Manning allowed the Jet's to be here and now. It's gonna make for some good ESPN conversation.  :o

Cheers,
Robin

Hey, you didn't hear it from me.  I liked the Chargers but only watched a couple of their games.  I wasn't impressed with the Vikings after the Bears game but they look good at home.  They will be on the road next week and I think they will lose to the Saints.  Also, the Jets are in for big trouble next week.  They will lose to the Colts by a wide margin.  That's my prediction!

Cheers,

J

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #24 on: 18 Jan 2010, 06:24 am »
The Jets went for the first down in the end rather than a field goal attempt.  Like the announcers, I thought that showed brass ones.  Rex Ryan has brought that team to the next level and his QB, too.  They played tough and hung tough.  Damn good win.  Very impressive.

It's probably easy to be ballsy when you're in situation- heavy underdogs with little expected of them.  Rookie coach & QB have already surpassed any realistic expectations of them.  Any post-season action is pure gravy.

BikeWNC

« Reply #25 on: 19 Jan 2010, 01:51 am »
It's probably easy to be ballsy when you're in situation- heavy underdogs with little expected of them.  Rookie coach & QB have already surpassed any realistic expectations of them.  Any post-season action is pure gravy.

Well if the Jets didn't make it the Chargers take over on the 30.  A punt might have easily gone into the end zone bring the ball back to the 20.  So it wasn't that difficult a decision.  Both a punt and a field goal were riskier IMO.  It's not like Ryan pulled a Belichick and tried it on his own 30.   

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #26 on: 19 Jan 2010, 02:05 am »

Yep, last weekend it was gravy, next weekend (with any luck) it'll be just desserts for the Jets.  8)

Cheers,
Robin

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #27 on: 19 Jan 2010, 04:41 am »
I'd love to see the Jets squeak by the Colts.  A Jets vs Vikings Super Bowl would be cool.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #28 on: 19 Jan 2010, 05:01 am »
There's plenty of history between AFC finalists Jets and Colts...link....

jimdgoulding

« Reply #29 on: 19 Jan 2010, 07:56 am »
Think the Jets WILL have their chances . .

jimdgoulding

« Reply #30 on: 21 Jan 2010, 03:31 pm »
The Jets are underdogs.  Think their coach wouldn't have it any other way and I admire his attitude.  Think they'll have boocoo adrenalin workin for them.  Colts need to use that against them with quick releases or draw plays, maybe, sumthin.  Jets will have all kind of defenses on the field to try and keep Indy from executing, maybe get an interception or a fumble.  They need to keep it close.  They were a fourth quarter team against the Chargers.  Still, Sanchez.  Colts need to stop the run and make Sanchez win it if he can.  Think they can do that.  Herm Edwards said this morning that the Colts have weak special teams play.  If so, the Jets may be looking at shorter yardages.  Hmmm.  Could be we're lookin at a nail biter.

BobM

« Reply #31 on: 21 Jan 2010, 03:49 pm »
ANOTHER nail biter? Wasn't last week's game enough?

I've got to hand it to them though. They came out after halftime and just dominated. It took them that long to figure it out, but once they did they pulled it out of their asses. I only hope this weekend's game isn't a runaway.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #32 on: 21 Jan 2010, 04:00 pm »
A lot, maybe everything, depends on whether or not the officials allow the Jets to mug the Colts' receivers. Rex Ryans defenses are called physical but they could as well be called illegal.

mcullinan

« Reply #33 on: 21 Jan 2010, 05:14 pm »
Im a Big Jets Fan..... I think they are going to do it. My magic 8 ball says so.
So many great players with heart! Goooo JETS!
M

TJC712

« Reply #34 on: 24 Jan 2010, 05:49 pm »
The Jets are underdogs.  Think their coach wouldn't have it any other way and I admire his attitude.  Think they'll have boocoo adrenalin workin for them.  Colts need to use that against them with quick releases or draw plays, maybe, sumthin.  Jets will have all kind of defenses on the field to try and keep Indy from executing, maybe get an interception or a fumble.  They need to keep it close.  They were a fourth quarter team against the Chargers.  Still, Sanchez.  Colts need to stop the run and make Sanchez win it if he can.  Think they can do that.  Herm Edwards said this morning that the Colts have weak special teams play.  If so, the Jets may be looking at shorter yardages.  Hmmm.  Could be we're lookin at a nail biter.

Haven't been on in a little while, good to be back---    Nail biter bodes well for Rex and the lost boys. This really boils down to Rex vs. Peyton... both intellectually formidable opponents.  As a Jet fan here in NY, hoping Peyton pounded all day ('hoping' being the operative word). Although, ANY season with Jets and Playoffs in it is beautiful thing. We haven't had a lot of that. So fellow Jet fans, let's enjoy the moment! I know that you know what I'm talking about.  Here's to a Sunday of some real good, exciting football... for all pigskin fans!

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #35 on: 24 Jan 2010, 06:05 pm »
Two hours to go.....

Let's Go Jets ! ! !

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #36 on: 24 Jan 2010, 06:16 pm »
It's karma time for the Colts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Go Jets!!!!!!!!  :deadhorse: (a Colt being beat) :thumb:   

BikeWNC

« Reply #37 on: 24 Jan 2010, 06:46 pm »
My sat. dvr receiver decided today was a good day to die.   :evil:  A huge tree has fallen across the only access road to town so I can't get anywhere to watch the games.   :evil:   Fortunately, I was able to reactivate an old receiver so that I can get SD TV and at least see the games.  Lesson learned.  Set up a second TV and receiver in the house.   :duh:

So I guess I'll be getting that 55" flat screen soon.    8)

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #38 on: 24 Jan 2010, 06:54 pm »
My sat. dvr receiver decided today was a good day to die.   :evil:  A huge tree has fallen across the only access road to town so I can't get anywhere to watch the games.   :evil:   Fortunately, I was able to reactivate an old receiver so that I can get SD TV and at least see the games.  Lesson learned.  Set up a second TV and receiver in the house.   :duh:

So I guess I'll be getting that 55" flat screen soon.    8)

I hear ya, that's 1 reason why I maintain my C-Band's 12' sat dish. In the 2 years I've had DirecTv, I've had the dish knocked over twice and my reciever surged out just a few weeks ago. The fact it takes DirecTv 3-5 days after you set up an appointement with a service tech makes me glad I have that safety net out in the back yard that serviced me well for 22 years.

Enjoy Championship Day!  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin