« Reply #140 on: 30 Dec 2011, 07:01 am »
any impression on the anarchy kit?

cheers
henry

Redefy Audio

• Industry Participant
Re: Any Ideas For Anarchy?
« Reply #141 on: 30 Dec 2011, 06:31 pm »
i was wondering, if anarchy used as woofer in a setup like dynaudio temptation, with dual anarchy on top and bottom and MTM of m130/16 + peerless india tweeter  danny mention about.

i guess the question for danny is, if the tweeters are still available?

cheers
henry

Danny Richie

« Reply #142 on: 30 Dec 2011, 07:08 pm »
I have tons of those tweeters left in stock.

If you already have a pair of the woofers then the two way design that I came up with is a great way to implement them. In fact I don't think you can get any better performance out of them in a two way design. They really don't play up into the upper frequency ranges too well and that elliptical slope crossover that I designed for it was just the ticket. That tweeter has a low Fs and was perfect for playing down to that low crossover point that the woofer really needed too.

As a small woofer in a three way design is where these woofer would really shine. Series/parallel four of them into a small ported box (think big ports because of the amount of air they can move) and put a plate amp on them and you have a killer speaker stand for just about any speaker. 

Redefy Audio

• Industry Participant
« Reply #143 on: 31 Dec 2011, 07:01 am »
that is why i got 4 Anarchys in the first place.

what midrange will be suitable for this? M130x or M130-16  in MTM? although i always like higher point of xo, somewhere between 3-3.5khz, which i doubt if M130 can do.

Bottomline is i'm looking for effortless dynamics on small form floorstanding. im happy enough if they can perform 40hz with ease.

the peerless tweeters looks good though.

cheers
henry

Danny Richie

« Reply #144 on: 31 Dec 2011, 03:46 pm »
what midrange will be suitable for this? M130x or M130-16 in MTM?

I'd build an N3S (sealed version) to set up top. It's a well proven design.

although i always like higher point of xo, somewhere between 3-3.5khz, which i doubt if M130 can do.

Actually the M-130's can do that with ease, but that's the opposite direction to take a crossover point. Just take the Peerless tweeter used in the Anarchy kit, no woofer can outperform it from 2kHz and up. Running the crossover high like that also causes vertical off axis disruption and an uneven room response.

Bottomline is i'm looking for effortless dynamics on small form floorstanding. im happy enough if they can perform 40hz with ease.

Ah man, my A/V3 and N3 kit can do that.

Put a pair of those Anarchy woofers in a .88 cubic foot enclosure tuned to 32Hz and power them with a plate amp like my SA-1, that uses a transform circuit, and your -3db range will be in the 20's.

Chops

« Reply #145 on: 31 Dec 2011, 04:40 pm »
Even though I have no interest in this kit or the Anarchy driver (just not in the market for anything, that's all), I ended up reading this entire thread this morning.

The reasons I found this thread so interesting is because of the full conception of a new 2-way speaker. All of the designing and decision making to do as well as seeing what people are wanting and/or currently in the market for, or even seeing where the current market is driving such a project. Learning bits and pieces of the industry such as machining and marketing and pricing. And the bonus of seeing the likes of Danny and Kevin working together to develop such a product to put out on the market at rock-bottom pricing.

For those reasons above, this has been one of the best reads that I have witnessed in a very long while. I only hope that one day I can be up there doing the same things as these two guys are doing now. I can dream up, and have come up with some pretty amazing designs, but I just don't have the skill-set to build proper, fine furniture grade enclosures or the ability to design crossover networks from scratch. One day...

Redefy Audio

• Industry Participant
« Reply #146 on: 3 Jan 2012, 04:32 am »
hi danny,

if using 4 of them per side, what kind of slot port suitable? im thinking put MTM in the middle, where 2 anarchy on top and 2 on the bottom.

cheers
henry

Danny Richie

« Reply #147 on: 3 Jan 2012, 03:08 pm »
hi danny,

if using 4 of them per side, what kind of slot port suitable? im thinking put MTM in the middle, where 2 anarchy on top and 2 on the bottom.

cheers
henry

How far will it be out into the room, and will it be rear or front firing? Also, any room nodes in your room or peaks (heavy areas) that you are aware of?

And what is the width of your cabinet that you are building for these (internal width)?

Redefy Audio

• Industry Participant
« Reply #148 on: 3 Jan 2012, 03:24 pm »
its kind of flexible, somewhere between 60-120cm, i like front firing more. i cannot determined the room modes yet, im using eminence alpha and beta in OB, the bass quite clean, cannot say the same for single alpha though, found it muddy.

im thinking internal 180mm with 18/25mm ply for walls, prob with more brace and the slotted port will act as extra bracing also. im looking at the height of somewhere between 500-600mm to position the tweeter around 85-88cm from the floor.

cheers
henry

Redefy Audio

• Industry Participant
« Reply #149 on: 3 Jan 2012, 03:26 pm »
btw, im going to bi-amp and use minidsp for eq and xo between anarchys and mtm.

henry

Danny Richie

« Reply #150 on: 3 Jan 2012, 03:47 pm »
So will the 4 woofers all share the same air space or will each pair be in their own box?

Redefy Audio

• Industry Participant
« Reply #151 on: 3 Jan 2012, 03:54 pm »
1 pair on top mtm and 1 pair belom mtm. prob port exit on most bottom and top.

Danny Richie

« Reply #152 on: 3 Jan 2012, 04:11 pm »
Hmmm, you might want to find some passive radiators, or wind the port back and forth through the box via folded port design.

If you put each pair in a box that is .85 cubic feet then you need a port for each pair that is 7" by 2" and 28" long to have no port noise with the woofers reaching near X-Max.

If you flared the ends and ran the port out the back to help minimize any port noise you could shrink it down to 1.75" tall and it would only need to be 24.5" long.

Those lengths tune the box to 38Hz.

Redefy Audio

• Industry Participant
« Reply #153 on: 3 Jan 2012, 04:17 pm »
ok, i'll do some sketch. thx for the advice.

Redefy Audio

• Industry Participant
« Reply #154 on: 3 Jan 2012, 04:46 pm »
ok here's the sketch, following your volume and port length calculation

24L net, 30L gross assume 6L for drivers basket and bracings

Slotted Port W 180mm x H 50mm x L 712mm

Danny Richie

« Reply #155 on: 3 Jan 2012, 06:06 pm »
One recommendation on that is to divide that port in half by putting a brace down the middle of it. You'll also have to allow for the space that the divider takes up.

Plund

« Reply #156 on: 3 Jan 2012, 07:03 pm »
ok here's the sketch, following your volume and port length calculation

24L net, 30L gross assume 6L for drivers basket and bracings

Slotted Port W 180mm x H 50mm x L 712mm

Go Henry go...I like it!
Sooooo, adding a plate amp, like the SA-1 to Henry's in-process design would make a nice sub/helper-woofer. 

This could be very nice support to frugal-horn MK3, or other designs that may need bass support?  Thoughts anyone?

Pete

Redefy Audio

• Industry Participant
« Reply #157 on: 4 Jan 2012, 02:14 am »
well, this is the complete speaker design with N3S mtm at the middle.

i kept the same height, but its slightly diff, standard width 8" = 203mm vs 216mm.

what do u think danny?

cheers
henry

Danny Richie

« Reply #158 on: 4 Jan 2012, 02:57 am »
I think that will be a pretty incredible speaker.

Redefy Audio

• Industry Participant
« Reply #159 on: 4 Jan 2012, 03:48 am »
danny,

is it possible to change the tweeter to peerless hds? thats what i have right now.

im not sure if you have used them in the past.

cheers
henry