Robert

Robert D

Re: CES 2010 show
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jan 2010, 03:08 pm »
I found this  !

Robert

Power-line Muscle from Bryston   Posted Sat Jan 7, 2006, 4:13 PM ET
By Robert Deutsch

I think it's fair to say that Bryston is one of the more conservative manufacturers of audio electronics, with solid engineering and avoidance of anything that smacks of fads or esoteric tweaks. It then comes as a convincing endorsement of power-line conditioners as a product category that the Canadian company now distributes the new Torus power-line conditioners. Based on hefty toroidal transformers from Plitron, these are aimed at the pro as much as the audiophile market; the top-of-the-line A5AB delivers up to 100 amps and weighs 220 lbs. Bryston’s James Tanner seems quite pleased with it.

Robert D

« Reply #2 on: 9 Jan 2010, 03:14 pm »
BRYSTON TO HOST TWO LIVE DEMOS DURING CES 2010
For more info visit: http://www.bryston.com

Bryston has announced that the company’s newest products will be featured at CES located at The Venetian, Bassano Ballroom 2601 as well as in the Magnepan, Inc. demo room at T.H.E. Show, being held at the Flamingo Hilton Hotel.

Submitted to HomeToys.com on: 12/29/2009, 4:16 pm

Peterborough, Ontario December 29th, 2009 — Bryston has announced that the company’s newest products will be featured with THIEL in The Venetian, as well as in the Magnepan, Inc. demo room at T.H.E. Show, being held at the Flamingo Hilton Hotel January 7th-10th. Bryston will be showing the BCD-1 CD player, BDA-1 DAC, BP26 preamplifier, (3) flagship 28B SST Squared Series amplifiers, a 4B SST Squared for surround speakers, and Torus Power isolation. The demo will also feature high-resolution digital files from Reference Recordings and Chesky. Magnepan and Bryston will be situated in the hotel’s Bryce Boardroom.

The concept behind this year’s exhibit is to promote a new loudspeaker from Magnepan while highlighting the electronics from Bryston and Torus Power. The Bryston DAC, CD player, and Squared Series amplifiers have all recently won prestigious awards and T.H.E. Show affords both dealers and media an opportunity to experience these products first hand.

“We are pleased to join Magnepan at T.H.E. Show and demo a complete Bryston system,” reported Bryston sales VP James Tanner. “This gives show attendees a chance to hear our digital products along with our analog products all together within a reference quality system,” Tanner added.

Bryston will also be on display with THIEL at CES 2010 in the Venetian, Bassano Ballroom 2601

I have to Go Walk my Pouches's Robert

werd

« Reply #3 on: 9 Jan 2010, 06:35 pm »
I found this  !

Robert

By Robert Deutsch

I think it's fair to say that Bryston is one of the more conservative manufacturers of audio electronics, with solid engineering and avoidance of anything that smacks of fads or esoteric tweaks. It then comes as a convincing endorsement of power-line conditioners as a product category that the Canadian company now distributes the new Torus power-line conditioners. Based on hefty toroidal transformers from Plitron, these are aimed at the pro as much as the audiophile market; the top-of-the-line A5AB delivers up to 100 amps and weighs 220 lbs. Bryston’s James Tanner seems quite pleased with it.

I thought he was going to wear the Tron outfit..... Dam

mclsound

« Reply #4 on: 9 Jan 2010, 06:53 pm »
I glanced through Stereophile and noticed that the $139,000 Lamm mono's were teamed up with Wilson Maxx 3...AHH sorry,couldnt resist.
James..Lookin good

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jan 2010, 03:53 am »
I thought he was going to wear the Tron outfit..... Dam

Nah, James wore a Bryston shirt and jeans.

Anyway, the show was fantastic...I'm glad I got to hear the Bryston "dream system" with the Thiel 3.7s! I didn't hear the Magnepans, but I bet they were sounding quite excellent as well. Every time I went into the demo room, there were a lot of people in there. Everyone who went in there had a good time. That's what it looked like, anyway.  8)

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #6 on: 10 Jan 2010, 08:32 pm »
cool! lucky guy, Dave :green:

i wish i could have been there...

al.

vegasdave

« Reply #7 on: 10 Jan 2010, 11:31 pm »
Haha, not lucky, more like fortunate. It was very rewarding to be a guest of the Bryston room.

There were other very good systems that were much more expensive than the Bryston/Thiel, but were they better? I wouldn't say so. That says a lot about the incredible value (even though it's not cheap in itself) of Bryston and Thiel.

Well, there's always next year!

HsvHeelFan

« Reply #8 on: 11 Jan 2010, 04:09 pm »
I found this  !

Robert

By Robert Deutsch

Wow!  That's a huge toroidal transformer.  No wonder that beast weighs 220 lbs.

HsvHeelFan

95Dyna

« Reply #9 on: 11 Jan 2010, 08:41 pm »
Nah, James wore a Bryston shirt and jeans.

Anyway, the show was fantastic...I'm glad I got to hear the Bryston "dream system" with the Thiel 3.7s! I didn't hear the Magnepans, but I bet they were sounding quite excellent as well. Every time I went into the demo room, there were a lot of people in there. Everyone who went in there had a good time. That's what it looked like, anyway.  8)

Hey vegasdave, give us a rundown on the Byston/Thiel 3.7 "dream system".  Components, sound etc.  Now that I have all my upgrades burned in the old trusty Infinity's are sounding a little bright for my taste in certain  favored applications.  I'm thinking I might have to start turning my attention toward the 3.7's. 

Ciao!

95Dyna

« Reply #10 on: 11 Jan 2010, 08:46 pm »

Wow!  That's a huge toroidal transformer.  No wonder that beast weighs 220 lbs.

HsvHeelFan

That's not a toroidal transformer it's James' morning donut.  You should see the cup of coffee just outside the picture. :lol:

werd

« Reply #11 on: 11 Jan 2010, 09:42 pm »
That's not a toroidal transformer it's James' morning donut.  You should see the cup of coffee just outside the picture. :lol:
:lol:

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #12 on: 11 Jan 2010, 10:11 pm »
:lol:

Can this be a case of donut envy Bill :scratch:

:wink:

vegasdave

« Reply #13 on: 12 Jan 2010, 02:59 am »
Hey vegasdave, give us a rundown on the Byston/Thiel 3.7 "dream system".  Components, sound etc.  Now that I have all my upgrades burned in the old trusty Infinity's are sounding a little bright for my taste in certain  favored applications.  I'm thinking I might have to start turning my attention toward the 3.7's. 

Ciao!

The components were:

Thiel 3.7s
prototype Bryston music server (James said it was something else, but I forgot what he told me. So, music server for lack of a better term.)
Thiel subwoofer-SS2
BDA-1
BCD-1
BP 26
28 B's
Torus CS 20

The sound was very punchy, dynamic, delicate and ethereal, depending on the recording. However, the system told all. My John Coltrane jazz cd wasn't the greatest sound, being an 80s issue cd, but it was still involving.

That's about it.

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #14 on: 12 Jan 2010, 03:41 am »
Hello Vegasdave,

A Bryston music server?? Did JBL have any "big guns" at the show?

BE well...

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #17 on: 12 Jan 2010, 04:49 am »
Thiel Goes On   
Posted Sun Jan 10, 2010, 2:36 AM ET

By Tom Norton

The untimely passing last summer of Jim Thiel, the heart and soul of Thiel Audio, was a jolt to entire high-end audio industry. But he left the company in good hands, as its big demo room at CES amply proved.

The Thiel CS3.7s ($12,900/pair) were clean, crisp, but never bright unless the program source made them so, it was one of the best audio demos I've yet heard.

The front end of the system, and the amps, were from Bryston. Thiel subwoofers fleshed out the bottom below 30Hz. At some point in the future we can expect a matching center channel for this system; according to Thiel reps, Jim left detailed designs for future projects, and a center appropriate for use with the CS3.7 was one of them.

95Dyna

« Reply #18 on: 12 Jan 2010, 02:29 pm »
Can this be a case of donut envy Bill :scratch:

:wink:

Yes, and can you imagine how much coffee it would take to wash down a 220 lb. donut! :rock:
« Last Edit: 12 Jan 2010, 03:33 pm by 95Dyna »

drummermitchell

« Reply #19 on: 12 Jan 2010, 02:54 pm »
Very nice looking setup,I could only imagine how that would sound.
One of these days.................. :D :thumb:.