FS: Horneshoppe Horns SOLD

earplay

• Do ya feel... lucky?
FS: Horneshoppe Horns SOLD
« on: 7 Jan 2010, 07:50 pm »
How many speakers and Horns do I need?  :scratch:

Not as many as I have, so I'm selling one of my two pairs of Horns. They have DIY ENabled drivers and light oak veneer. Will let go for $400 + shipping. One small nick. Here's a crappy cell phone pic. I'll get some better pics if someone wants them, but good pictures and reviews at thehornshoppe.com

Some nice mods, so see my post below.

« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2010, 06:42 pm by earplay »

roscoeiii

Re: FS: Horneshoppe Horns
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jan 2010, 08:42 pm »
Where are you located?

earplay

• Do ya feel... lucky?
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2010, 04:54 pm »
Heading for a'gon soon. In addition to having ENabled drivers, these speakers have had their compression chamber, driver magnet and horn mouth damped. Also, the wiring has been upgraded to Ohno uni-crystal copper from venHaus Audio. A common mod is to fill the lower chamber with BB's or shot. I have not done this yet, but they will ship cheaper without the added weight.

The result of the mods is a smoother, clearer and more musical presentation of a speaker already known for it's clarity and musicality.

I have two sets of these speakers and, because of system changes, now need only one set. Selling these to fund the remainder of system changes and donations to kiva.org.
« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2010, 09:57 pm by earplay »

saisunil

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2010, 07:11 pm »
Nice to know about your donation to kiva.org

We need more of this ...
Selling excess audio equipment to benefit the needy ...

This is a feel 'good' deal for both buyer and seller and the community members who will benefit from this charity ...

Very nice indeed!