Red Wine Audio is moving up in 2010!

djbnh

Re: Red Wine Audio is moving up in 2010!
« Reply #20 on: 30 Jan 2010, 09:52 am »
Gee, I drove through Durham today and there wasn't a single billboard welcoming Red Wine Audio.  Somebody in town dropped the ball...   :cuss:
CT, below Hartford - urgh / :cuss: is right. I'm in NH and try to avoid the Hartford area at all cost. Anywho - congrats and best of luck.

EDIT - took another look at the map and Durham is SE of Meriden & SW of Middleton, a decent amt. away from Hartford. Whew. But still have that fun CT traffic with which to deal. :wink:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #21 on: 2 Feb 2010, 02:31 am »
All,

UPDATE:

Today we moved into our new building!  8)

We'll be busy all this week unpacking (LOTS of boxes), setting up for production, and catching-up
with all your emails, PMs, phone calls, etc.  Should be ready to rock n' roll next week as planned.

I do apologize for the delayed response, and really appreciate all your patience and understanding during this big move.

Our new address and phone number has been updated on www.redwineaudio.com.  More web updates will follow during through this month...

I hope to have the dedicated listening room finished (well, mostly finished - this is a project that I need to work on after-hours, but it is going to be great!) by the end of this month, but my priority is getting set up for production and catching-up with our backlog. 

Hi Vulcan,

Welcome to Audiocircle and the RWA forum!  Thanks for your post and I'm glad you are enjoying your 30.2 + K1000 combo (I know I am!  :wink:).

Hi Stu,

Thanks for your post, and kind words.  Westchester County is not too far way and I think you are close to White Plains, NY - so you can take 287 to the Hutch (RT-15 all the way up), or go 95N to 91N.  Maybe a 90 minute drive (as long as you don't drive in rush hour!  :o).  Looking forward to meeting you soon!

Hi djbnh,

Thanks!  If you stay away from Hartford during rush-hour, you'll be fine.  It'll be an easy drive down I-91 South.  Compared to Traffic in the NY and Boston areas, you'll feel like there is nobody on the road when you come to visit  :green:   But I have driven through parts of NH, and it truly was like there was nobody on the road!  :lol:   So I know how you like it!  Beautiful driving up there...

Best regards,

Vinnie

h.rav

• Avid Hobbyist
« Reply #22 on: 2 Feb 2010, 02:41 am »
Any pics of the new place? I'm curious about the listening room.  :D

My first post here, I've been reading a lot of good things about RWA.  :)
I'm considering on getting the Isabellina next month.  :eyebrows:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #23 on: 3 Feb 2010, 03:45 pm »
Any pics of the new place? I'm curious about the listening room.  :D

My first post here, I've been reading a lot of good things about RWA.  :)
I'm considering on getting the Isabellina next month.  :eyebrows:

Hi h.rav,

Welcome to Audiocircle and the RWA forum!

Realistically, the Listening Room won't be built and finished until the end of this month at the earliest.  I have been in touch with Ethan at RealTraps (there warehouse is located in the next town over  8)) regarding room dimensions, acoustic treatments, etc.  He has been a big help.  Once everything is finished, I'll be taking pics to share with everyone.

All, 

I have also ordered some really NICE new racks from ALO Audio:

http://www.aloaudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_64

A Walnut rack is on the way (with black oxide rod and spike feet for my carpet), and I'll also order one in the bamboo wood.  We'll be selling these as well!

Once we get the Listening Room finished, we'll also be stocking a lot of the new ALO cabling.  It is going to be really nice to be able to allow our customers to audition all the new ALO designs.  :hyper: 

I'll also be ordering a pair of custom-made speaker stands from Noel Nolan of Skylan for the WLM Stella Monitors  :)

These past few days have been a ton of work unpacking and getting set-up, but it is all coming along nicely and the new home of Red Wine Audio is going to be great!

Best regards,

Vinnie

vulcan

« Reply #24 on: 6 Feb 2010, 02:52 pm »
Hi Vinnie
Thanks

You are great! :dance: :dance:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #25 on: 7 Feb 2010, 06:56 pm »
ALO Walnut rack arrived - it is beautiful!  I think I should get a few of their smaller racks for monoblocks, or for the Macbook or something  :drool:

So this weekend I am finally starting to work on the Listening Room.  I put in some Real-Traps (they help A LOT), leather chair, ALO rack, some gear (more needs to be brought in soon). 

I'll need time to get familiar with the room and playing with speaker positioning.  Here is some info on the room:

- Dimensions: 22' x 16' x 9' (drop ceiling with R30 fiberglass insulation on top of ceiling tiles). 
- Carpeted floor over concrete. 
- Speakers will be set up on the 16' wide wall.  Right now they are out about 5' from the back wall, with the  listening chair somewhere in the middle of the room.  This will all need to be tweaked. 
- I have 9 recessed lights on the ceiling, tied to a "quiet dimmer" switch. 
- Lightning and power outlets on separate circuit breakers.

- I know there are plenty of formulas for speaker positioning in a room, but I've always gotten the best results from good ol' trial and error and tuning by ear.  So this is what I'll be doing as time permits.

I need to decorate it!  :green:  Anyone know any good places to buy some inexpensive artwork (audio-related or even wine-related could be fun  :wink:) to hang up?  I don't want bare walls.

I'll get there - just taking time!

Thanks again for all your interest and support!

Vinnie