FS: Audio by Van Alstine Ultra DAC ***SOLD***

robinje

FS: Audio by Van Alstine Ultra DAC ***SOLD***
« on: 30 Dec 2009, 05:07 am »
Up for sale is an Audio by Van Alstine Ultra DAC.  I am the original owner and bought this unit brand new in October 2008.  This DAC is in perfect (like new) cosmetic and operating condition.  There are more than 1.5 years left on the transferrable warranty.  I will provide the original receipt for warranty purposes, signed for transfer to the new owner.  I have upgraded the op amps to Burr Brown OPA627AP devices as recommended by Audio by Van Alstine.  I have also made the recommended tube replacement to Electro Harmonix 6CG7 tubes (matched pair).  These have both been very positive upgrades to an already stellar sounding DAC.  To accomodate the taller 6CG7 tubes, I used Digikey spacers (painted black) between the top cover and the chassis.  Of course, this is completely reversible back to the stock configuration if desired simply by removing the spacers and installing the stock 6N1P tubes (an easy 5-minute procedure).  I will also supply a spare pair of Svetlanta 6N1P tubes (matched pair, brand new never used).  In summary, a total of three pair of tubes will be supplied!  Along with the DAC unit, the new owner will receive three pair of tubes, the original signed receipt, owner's manual, and box. 

$SOLD shipped in the U.S.  Paypal or money order only, please.  PM me to arrange for puchase.  Thanks!

« Last Edit: 31 Dec 2009, 02:01 pm by robinje »