I'm a moron please don't ask my opinion
9 (26.5%)

Total Members Voted: 34

It's Pointless

doug s.

• makin' music
Re: It's Pointless
« Reply #20 on: 29 Dec 2009, 06:05 pm »
It's pointless for sure, that's why I hardly talk about Hi-Fi anymore.  Actually I should, because talking about Hi-Fi is much easier than actually listening to my stereo system, which I hardly do anymore.  Damn you, my bad life decisions! :duh:
listening to tunes might help ease the pain...

best for '10, nate...

doug s.

nathanm

« Reply #21 on: 29 Dec 2009, 06:16 pm »
One must start with environment.  If you don't have acoustic privacy then don't even bother with a high end sound system.  That's like buying a fast sports car and driving it 5 mph through a school zone every day.  Everyone's first Hi-Fi purchase, before anything else, should be a proper place to actually use it.  If you can't do that, then don't bother.  Unless you are into headphones, in which case more power to you.

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #22 on: 29 Dec 2009, 06:37 pm »
Talking about sex is pointless too.   

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #23 on: 29 Dec 2009, 07:32 pm »
One must start with environment.  If you don't have acoustic privacy then don't even bother with a high end sound system.  That's like buying a fast sports car and driving it 5 mph through a school zone every day.  Everyone's first Hi-Fi purchase, before anything else, should be a proper place to actually use it.  If you can't do that, then don't bother.  Unless you are into headphones, in which case more power to you.
since i first moved out of my 'rent's house, the most important thing i looked for in a dwelling was "where could i set up a stereo"?  now, garage space is an equal priority.

doug s.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #24 on: 29 Dec 2009, 07:33 pm »
Talking about sex is pointless too.   

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio
WAY more pointless than talking about audio!   :lol:

doug s.

Larkston Zinaspic

« Reply #25 on: 30 Dec 2009, 12:30 am »
Talking about religion, politics or economics is a venture into madness.

Talking about sex would be a good idea if more people enjoyed it.

Talking about audio--or any other side-line hobby/borderline obsession--is only useless if no one shares your interest.

Arguing about audio is pointless. So is dancing about architecture.  :dance:

werd

« Reply #26 on: 3 Jan 2010, 10:29 pm »
Of course its pointless.... now off to the twit race.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCyr1ugzxXM

jimdgoulding

« Reply #27 on: 3 Jan 2010, 10:42 pm »
Not pointless to me and a lot of other people here on Audio Circle.  I've learned about power conditioning here, GR Research, Audio Kinesis, Red Wine Audio and their products and much more.  And, on the side, enjoy the coverage of RMAF.  Maybe I've missed the point or something.
« Last Edit: 3 Jan 2010, 11:57 pm by jimdgoulding »