Cowboys, 1 half away from 0-2 in Dec. with a game at the Saints next week

BikeWNC

They put a serious nail in the Giants coffin tonight.   :duh:   It was just too much for the Saints to comeback though there was more hope late in the game than I thought there might be.  The Cowboys really need a placekicker though!

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
They put a serious nail in the Giants coffin tonight.   :duh:   It was just too much for the Saints to comeback though there was more hope late in the game than I thought there might be.  The Cowboys really need a placekicker though!

You ain't just whistling Dixie,,, on all 3 accounts.  8)

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
It seemed inevitable that the Saints luck would run out eventually.  They're a tremendous team but they've looked pretty sloppy in several of the last games.  When you get down in a hole in that many games it's gonna bite you in the ass eventually.

maxwalrath

I find myself torn....on the one hand, the Saints are definitely beatable.  On the other hand, I was hoping this game would reinforce the Cowboys having no hope at all in December, and this week basically locking things up for the Eagles.  No such luck.

satfrat

• Restricted
I find myself torn....on the one hand, the Saints are definitely beatable.  On the other hand, I was hoping this game would reinforce the Cowboys having no hope at all in December, and this week basically locking things up for the Eagles.  No such luck.

Not only is it no such luck, Philly might possibly be playing the Cowboys for the Division Championship now. This was a huge win for the Cowboys who have been playing well all this month, just not well enough to win. Not any more!  :dance: 

Sunday I'm a 49're fan (against philly), monday a Redskin fan(against the giants).  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Bigfish

Congratulations Cowboys Fans!  Your team went into one of the toughest places to play and took care of business.  The NFC East is going to down to the last game which as a football fan that is all you can ask for. 

Saints Fans - Yes the opportunity of a prefect season is gone like a weight off your team's shoulders but you have a great team.  The NFC Championship should have to go through New Orleans!

Ken

Big Red Machine

Thoroughly impressed with the Cowboys last night.  They were hitting on all cylinders and looking like a Super Bowl contender.  Wow!  Excellent play calling.

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Robin you must be a happy camper this morning.

Nice win by the Cowboys.

For all of us who don't root for the Cowgirls, they still have two tough division games left against Washington and Philly.

They aren't in yet.

George

satfrat

• Restricted
Robin you must be a happy camper this morning.

Nice win by the Cowboys.

For all of us who don't root for the Cowgirls, they still have two tough division games left against Washington and Philly.

They aren't in yet.

George

True George, 2 tuff games within the division BUT this allows the Cowboys to not only dictate their own future but to outright win their division w/o needing outside help. My "Boys" put themselves in a postion to control their own future and that's all one can ask from a team who has been playing good football but only have a 1-2 to show for it.

But for the moment, the name of the tunes for us Dallas Cowboy fans are

Go 49ers!
and

Go Redskins!

aa   aa

Cheers,
Robin

satfrat

• Restricted
To all the Dallas Doubters out there,,,,

America's Team is in the playoffs!

NY giant fans,,,, say Goodnite Gracie.  :wave:

Cheers,
Robin

BikeWNC

The Giants have no one to blame but themselves, obviously.  When I look at the Giants defense this season, I see lots of injuries in the secondary, a new DC and a lack of consistent pressure on the opposing QB.  Loosing Kenny Phillips really hurt, not having Aaron Ross for most of the year also hurt.  But IMO, not having Michael Strahan hurts the most.  The Giants D-line hasn't done much since Strahan retired.  Their pressure on the QB and effectiveness against the run has just continued to fall off.  I keep hearing the stats since Burris left but really it is since Strahan left.  They miss his leadership both on the field and in the clubhouse. I guess that's the mark of a true hall of fame player.  You make everyone you play with better.  It's obvious to me that the other guys on the D-line are not all that great since they no longer have Michael drawing all the attention (yet still able to make the big plays).  The Burris issue hurt but that's long over and good replacements have been found at wideout.  The D-line has had to make their way and they can't seem to do it on their own. 

jimdgoulding

Not only is it no such luck, Philly might possibly be playing the Cowboys for the Division Championship now. This was a huge win for the Cowboys who have been playing well all this month, just not well enough to win. Not any more!  :dance: 

Sunday I'm a 49're fan (against philly), monday a Redskin fan(against the giants).  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin
Yeah, me too.  Philly scares the shit out of me, frankly, even in Dallas.

Bigfish

The Giants have no one to blame but themselves, obviously.  When I look at the Giants defense this season, I see lots of injuries in the secondary, a new DC and a lack of consistent pressure on the opposing QB.  Loosing Kenny Phillips really hurt, not having Aaron Ross for most of the year also hurt.  But IMO, not having Michael Strahan hurts the most.  The Giants D-line hasn't done much since Strahan retired.  Their pressure on the QB and effectiveness against the run has just continued to fall off.  I keep hearing the stats since Burris left but really it is since Strahan left.  They miss his leadership both on the field and in the clubhouse. I guess that's the mark of a true hall of fame player.  You make everyone you play with better.  It's obvious to me that the other guys on the D-line are not all that great since they no longer have Michael drawing all the attention (yet still able to make the big plays).  The Burris issue hurt but that's long over and good replacements have been found at wideout.  The D-line has had to make their way and they can't seem to do it on their own.

First, I would like to congratulate Robin and all of the Cowboys Fans!  The Boys are a team that have the talent to beat any team and it would not be a great surprise to see them in the Superbowl!

When we the fans have high expectations of our teams entering a season and those teams don't meet those expectations we are always left wondering what went wrong.  This season began with me thinking my Steelers were potentially more talented than last season's team that won the Superbowl.  Well all NFL fans know that the entire Sports Announcing World has been trying to answer the question about what is wrong with the Steelers because they have lost so many games they were expected to win.  The Giants are no different in that preseason expectations were so high and the team has failed to perform up to those expectations.  With the Steelers and the Giants is their lack of success due to injuries, coaching, talent level, players playing as individuals rather than functioning as a team or combinations of all of the above?  I would also add if you go back over past seasons there are always surprise teams that play better than expected and make the playoffs.  This year the surprise teams are coming from the AFC - Bengals winning the AFC North and both wild card teams being undecided!  I think the competitiveness or balance of the league is why we love NFL Football!

Good luck Playoff Teams!

Ken

zybar

• Facilitator

Cheers,
Robin

Now I know how a Cowboys fan feels every year when their team collapses down the stretch - not a good feeling.

I will be rooting for New Orleans or Greenbay to represent the NFC at the Super Bowl.

George

satfrat

• Restricted

Cheers,
Robin

Now I know how a Cowboys fan feels every year when their team collapses down the stretch - not a good feeling.

I will be rooting for New Orleans or Greenbay to represent the NFC at the Super Bowl.

George

As us RED SOX fans were use to saying George,,,, wait til next year!  :thumb:

PS,,,, I can just picture you as a Green Bay Packer Cheesehead. Good luck with that.  :rotflmao:

Cheers,
Robin

zybar

• Facilitator

Cheers,
Robin

George

PS,,,, I can just picture you as a Green Bay Packer Cheesehead. Good luck with that.  :rotflmao:

Cheers,
Robin

I root for the Giants and anybody who is playing the Cowboys or the Eagles.

George

BikeWNC

George

As any true NYG fan would!

satfrat

• Restricted

Cheers,
Robin

George

Cheers,
Robin

George

Well then George, I'll ask a very very stupid question, if you're rooting for anyone who's playing either the Cowboys or the Eagles, who will you be rooting for next week when the Eagles go against the Dallas Cowboys in Dallas for the Eastern Division Title? Be honest now,,,  aa

Cheers,
Robin

zybar

• Facilitator

Well then George, I'll ask a very very stupid question, if you're rooting for anyone who's playing either the Cowboys or the Eagles, who will you be rooting for next week when the Eagles go against the Dallas Cowboys in Dallas for the Eastern Division Title? Be honest now,,,  aa

Cheers,
Robin

It sure as heck isn't the Cowboys!!

The only time I will root for the Cowboys is if they must win to directly benefit the Giants.

So in this case, I hope the Eagles smash the Cowboys and prevent them from winning the division.

George

satfrat

• Restricted

Cheers,
Robin

It sure as heck isn't the Cowboys!!

The only time I will root for the Cowboys is if they must win to directly benefit the Giants.

So in this case, I hope the Eagles smash the Cowboys and prevent them from winning the division.

George

Now that's the George I KNOW!  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin