Another HT bypass question

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
Another HT bypass question
« on: 13 Dec 2009, 07:02 pm »
I was thinking about HT bypass and came across this device on the Inday site. 

http://www.inday.com/av4x/av4x.htm

The L/R preout from the receiver and the output from the two-channel preamp would be connected to the Inday's inputs and the Inday's output would be connected to the two-channel amplifer's input.  The two-channel amplifier is connected to the fron left and right speakers.  The listener would merely need to select the correct input (the HT receiver's preout or the two-channel preamp) for HT or two-channel.

Would this device work?
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2009, 11:45 pm by oneinthepipe »

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
Re: Another HT bypass question
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec 2009, 11:33 pm »
It should work, and would provide a means to drive L&R via either the preamp or the receiver, depending on which was selected.  Reading the specifications in the "Manual" PDF, however, indicates an audio mode THD of 0.01%, probably a little more than an AVA amp.  To my mind, this seems like it would be increasing the THD by maybe double and decrease the sound quality for 2-channel stereo.

I was thinking about HT bypass and came across this device on the Inday site. 

http://www.inday.com/av4x/av4x.htm

The L/R preout from the receiver and the output from the two-channel preamp would be connected to the Inday's inputs and the Inday's outputs would be connected to the two-channel amplifer's inputs.  The two-channel amplifier is connected to the fron left and right speakers.  The listener would merely need to select the correct input (the HT receiver's preout or the two-channel preamp) for HT or two-channel.

Would this device work?

srb

Re: Another HT bypass question
« Reply #2 on: 13 Dec 2009, 11:57 pm »
Reading the specifications in the "Manual" PDF, however, indicates an audio mode THD of 0.01%, probably a little more than an AVA amp.  To my mind, this seems like it would be increasing the THD by maybe double and decrease the sound quality for 2-channel stereo.

You would be part of a small select group of people who could hear the difference between .005% and .010% THD.

Steve