evan1

Re: Processor/Amp combo to match with Salks
« Reply #20 on: 11 Dec 2009, 09:03 am »
Steve
I sent you my cell number

nyc_paramedic

« Reply #21 on: 11 Dec 2009, 10:35 pm »
Thanks for all the advice.  This is mainly an HT system... 

There are other Salk owners here who can speak intelligently about HT and such. Home theater is not my forte. Good luck.

Vulcan00

• SEM Micrograph of Dendritic Structure
« Reply #22 on: 11 Dec 2009, 10:38 pm »
Oneinthepipe:

Thanks for the interest.I feel like I already know you since I have read so many of your post.

Since I was thinking mult-ch I bought a parasound amp A51 first. Since I got my HT2-TL's I find myself listening mostly to 2ch. I got my new pre-amp couple of weeks ago a Parasound P7. Not a very popular pre-amp I dont think, however I am finding it fits my listening habits to a T. My reason  was all analog from the amps back to pre with a nice couple of HT-bypass imputs. This leads me to my digital source the BDP-83.

I went ahead an ordered a BDP-83SE. I have been comparing the two 83 & 83SE for over a week now.

I have a some issues with my listening room which I have corrected by employing GIK pannels. OH and I have four Tri-Traps ( really like em)

I am using my old M&K speakers for surround and my MX-350 sub.

I have a lot questions but I will save it for other post.

Harrison or Howard or vulcan :lol:

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #23 on: 12 Dec 2009, 03:42 am »
Since I was thinking mult-ch I bought a parasound amp A51 first. Since I got my HT2-TL's I find myself listening mostly to 2ch. I got my new pre-amp couple of weeks ago a Parasound P7.

Harrison or Howard or vulcan :lol:[/font]

Everyone that I know that owns Parasound preamps and amps likes them very much.  OgOgilby has an A-21 amp, and I listened to his system with a variety of his and my components, and the amp is a great performer.

oneinthepipe or 1 INTHEPIPE   :wink:

Vulcan00

• SEM Micrograph of Dendritic Structure
« Reply #24 on: 12 Dec 2009, 05:57 pm »
 :lol:

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #25 on: 14 Dec 2009, 07:07 pm »
I have the V3's and monster center channel (the ones featured on Jim's website) running an Arcam 350, stellar sound on blu ray concerts and movies (I use the Oppo BDP 83 also).

I have HT3's in my 2 channel setup which is tube and solid state.

If you are planning 2 channel and home theatre in one setting you may want to consider something beyond the Denon setup.

OgOgilby

« Reply #26 on: 15 Dec 2009, 05:34 pm »
gchuva,

We have a Denon 4308ci that we've have been using for HT and music with Rocket 750's and the Rocket "Bigfoot" center. I was thrilled with the HT2 TL's and HT2 sealed center channel when they replaced the Rockets. Simply a huge improvement for both HT and 2 channel music - even using a receiver for both.

Since we received the Salks I have upgraded the 2 channel setup with a separate amp (Parasound A-21), DAC (AVA Transcendence Eight Tube DAC), and a preamp (Conrad-Johnson Premier 18LS) that has a HT bypass. I also added room treatments from GIK. Each upgrade was done separately and Jim's speakers have been more amazing with each and every upgrade that I have made to our setup. We still use the Denon receiver for HT and are happy with it.

Assuming your are using the Denon AVP-A1 Preamplifier (which shouldn't be compared to one of the Denon receivers) with the W4S 550 monoblocks, I'm sure you would be very happy with either the HT3 or HT2-TLs for both HT and 2 channel music.