1v or 2v gain once more

rob80b

Re: 1v or 2v gain once more
« Reply #20 on: 1 Dec 2009, 06:59 pm »
Hi Rob80b

I think it`s time to try a 4bsq with those new speaks. The change in gain at lower volumes is more apparent... beware though the amp wont the leave the house if you try one... :thumb:

Hi Werd.

Not to be tepmted I'll stick to listening at only high volumes.

Robert

drummermitchell

« Reply #21 on: 1 Dec 2009, 08:08 pm »
WTF,I know my hearts a beatin,more blood to the brain :o.I switched to the 2v setting and it seems everything grew,soundstage,I can see(hear) more into it.
Bottomend is pounding more at me,in other words I can feel her alot more and the pre is at (9:00am).I'm gonna slap on some Idol eyes(see if Tokyo Rose can
pin me against the wall).
Perhaps I'm imagining this,but she seems more there(here)course maybe the
Blue cheer days are back :o,so far i'm quite shocked almost as much as the Torus spooked me,anyway goota git,this to much fun as usual :thumb:.

rob80b

« Reply #22 on: 1 Dec 2009, 08:15 pm »
WTF,I know my hearts a beatin,more blood to the brain :o.I switched to the 2v setting and it seems everything grew,soundstage,I can see(hear) more into it.
Bottomend is pounding more at me,in other words I can feel her alot more and the pre is at (9:00am).I'm gonna slap on some Idol eyes(see if Tokyo Rose can
pin me against the wall).
Perhaps I'm imagining this,but she seems more there(here)course maybe the
Blue cheer days are back :o,so far i'm quite shocked almost as much as the Torus spooked me,anyway goota git,this to much fun as usual :thumb:.

Sure not the other way around, 2 to 1V? The volume control on the pre would need to be higher when using the 2V setting to obtain the same volume.

Robert

drummermitchell

« Reply #23 on: 1 Dec 2009, 08:41 pm »
Hi Robert,yes the 1v setting was @8:45 and now the 2v is at 9;00 am.
Definately not that much higher,but she seems to be doing more or letting me hear more,seems a helluva lot more punchier with more space around everything
I think I'll keep set here for.................................... ......

werd

« Reply #24 on: 1 Dec 2009, 08:52 pm »
Definately not that much higher,but she seems to be doing more or letting me hear more,seems a helluva lot more punchier with more space around everything

i think you are in the same boat as me.... the 2 volt setting lets you set the volume higher since the headroom is nerfed. The dynamics on the 1volt holds back the volume, especially with the Torus in play. Connected to the Torus those amps just wont give up. So your dynamic power makes you think twice about raising the volume.

rob80b

« Reply #25 on: 1 Dec 2009, 11:29 pm »

Hi Drummer,

To quote James or anyone who's been in this hobby long enough.
"Most preamp volume controls are more linear, (left to right channel balance accuracy), between about 9 and 5 o'clock."

Robert

drummermitchell

« Reply #26 on: 1 Dec 2009, 11:50 pm »
Maybe if the walls can handle it,I could squeeze 9:05 out of her,without putting me in the snowbank,frig I can only imagine what a bigger room would do.
Reminds me of Back to the future,when Michael Fox strikes that first note,plants
him right across the room.