Force XL cabinets for sale

Mike Dzurko

Force XL cabinets for sale
« on: 27 Nov 2009, 10:33 pm »
We have about 25, new, in the box Force XL cabinets in Piano Black. Madisound has the SV10 woofers for these. Force XL amps are not available. The amps are something quite special, and provide eq, calibrated, frequency selective compression and extended response to 20Hz.

However, for you DIY folks out there, you can get the drivers and cabs for a ridiculously low price and roll your own fine sub. You'll have find your own amps, perhaps add EQ on your own etc. You won't have a Force XL, but you'll have very good small, gorgeous sub at a really low price.

We'll be putting the cabinets on our website at $69 each, two for $119 plus S/H. If you send me a PM before they get listed you can have them at $59 each or two for $109 :)

srb

Re: Force XL cabinets for sale
« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2009, 10:44 pm »
Madisound says NLA - No Longer Available - on the SV10 woofers.

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=8641

Steve

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #2 on: 27 Nov 2009, 10:59 pm »
Wow, didn't know they'd sold out that fast. Some folks might have them and be willing to part with them . . .

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #3 on: 27 Nov 2009, 11:49 pm »
Madisound, Meniscus and others probably have other suitable drivers available. Just download the specs from the Madisound site to get ideas of what you are looking for. The cabinet is just a bit under 1.0 cu.ft. internal.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #4 on: 28 Nov 2009, 02:50 pm »
To answer a question that keeps coming in:

We no longer have the very specialized custom amps available, and those were what made a Force XL a Force XL. You can build one that looks the same, and if you do your homework you can make it sound quite good, but it won't sound the same as a Force XL. . . . and it should not be called a Force XL.

Also to note, these prices are considerably less than HALF of actual cost, purchased in quantity . . .  they are simply a steal.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #5 on: 29 Nov 2009, 06:21 pm »
A lot of folks have asked what the amp cutout dimensions are. It is a rebated cut out. PDF drawings with dimensions (metric) below. Just scroll down to the bottom of the page for the last two PDF links:

http://www.audioc.com/library1/manuals.htm

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #6 on: 30 Nov 2009, 03:25 pm »
Some of you are emailing to see what the shipping costs are. This is fine, but you can also check for yourself on our website. Just go to the Force XL page:
http://www.audioc.com/speakers1/forcexl/forcexl.htm

In the shopping cart section for the cabinet you just select quantity and put in your zip code and you'll see what the shipping will be. You can continue the order if you want, or just back out if you're not ordering at the time.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #7 on: 2 Dec 2009, 04:22 pm »
Another commonly asked question:

Can I just swap the driver, damping, and amp from my "older" Force into a new Force XL cabinet?  Answer is, yep, you'll just need to get some new sealing foam for the amp and the driver.

This is a very nice, inexpensive way to have a beautiful new Piano Black enclosure for your older Force sub(s).

Woodsea

« Reply #8 on: 3 Dec 2009, 09:32 pm »
If anyone else has bought a pair of these enclosures and has done some searching, please give me a heads up.  I would love to fill my pair with sub and amp to come close to the real 'Force' sound.
Thanks in advance.  Until then they will be holding up my piano black monitors.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #9 on: 5 Dec 2009, 02:21 pm »
We've sold most of these pretty quickly. I'd really like to have them all out in the next week or so. It is getting DARN cold in the storage building we have. I'm looking forward to not freezing my fingers out there anymore  :lol:

I'll continue the special pricing for Circle folks until they are all gone. Just remind me when you order that you get the special price, not what shows in the shopping cart and I'll correct and refund the extra.