Mike Dzurko is retiring from audio

drcruz

Re: Mike Dzurko is retiring from audio
« Reply #40 on: 4 Dec 2009, 01:53 am »
Go Fishing, Play Golf, Watch Movies, Listen to Cool Music...

Mike, Enjoy your retirement...

Retirement is great for you, but it's a bummer for me. I purchased 2 of your old style Force subs, my only regret was not purchasing the old Titans (my personal priorities changed and I like the look of the old style). I was hoping to one day up grade to the Titan XL's. Oh well such is life AND your family and health is much more important (good for you).

Take Care.

rave959

« Reply #41 on: 4 Dec 2009, 02:48 pm »
Aci Jaguars were my first high-end speakers.  I bought them from Eric H.  I have owned and sold many others after that.  I still have mine, and everytime I fire 'em up, it still satisfies and puts a smile on my face.  I wish you the best of everything!

Carl V

« Reply #42 on: 4 Dec 2009, 03:30 pm »
Aci Jaguars were my first high-end speakers.  I bought them from Eric H.  I have owned and sold many others after that.  I still have mine, and everytime I fire 'em up, it still satisfies and puts a smile on my face.  I wish you the best of everything!

I'm in this same boat.....Jag 2000 with 2 kit titian's.

Best wishes Mike.  And thanks for everything.

Mike if...& a big if I know-- you ever go back into the
audio business do it on a smaller scale.  Don't try & be
all things to all people.  Take a page from  Bobby @ Merlin
among others I 'm sure.
Make one maybe two montiors & make one maybe two subs.

Again best wishes for a long and happy life....& again thanks.

Rich Carlson

« Reply #43 on: 4 Dec 2009, 09:44 pm »
I don't get in here that much, and I'm just seeing this news.  My ACI stuff is a bit older, but I enjoy it very much, and I appreciate the personal help from Mike in the past.  Best wishes for the future!

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« Reply #44 on: 4 Dec 2009, 09:54 pm »
I inquired but never bought from Mike.  He was always the gentleman and answered every question I had and then some.  You will be missed.  Good luck on the next part of your life!

Yours,
rklein

budyog

• I don't listen to audio, I listen to music.
« Reply #45 on: 4 Dec 2009, 10:37 pm »
Hey Mike,
 What is sweet Brenda up to now and your son? Brenda was always so helpful and attentive.  I thought for sure ACI would have been passed down to your son/s (sorry, I forgot his name) or he would have taken it over.

Groch

« Reply #46 on: 6 Dec 2009, 02:54 am »
I am only a recent (last 4 years) customer and convert, but as a life long audifile (and industry veteran) I feel sincerely grateful to have come upon ACI, my beloved Sapphire XLs (in beautiful high gloss black), and met Mike a couple of times in Denver. 

ACI has always had one of the very best sounding rooms at the Rocky Mountain show. It was often recognized as such by the reviewers, much to the consternation of the elitests showing off their beautiful but less that practical $15,000 creations.   I now not only own legendary speakers...but rare ones too.

I wish you all the best Mike...and trust you will continue to show up on forums to talk audio evey now and then.

Joe_K

« Reply #47 on: 7 Dec 2009, 06:40 pm »
Mike,
I would like to wish you and yours all the best for the next chapter of your lives!
Joe

The Ninja

• Industry Participant
  • Manufacturer
    • Skiing Ninja Systems
« Reply #48 on: 7 Dec 2009, 06:57 pm »
Mike,

You are one of the great ones.  I wish you the very best in life after ACI.

persisting1

« Reply #49 on: 8 Dec 2009, 02:13 am »
You and your products will be missed.

Good luck!

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #50 on: 13 Dec 2009, 03:03 pm »
My most sincere thanks for all of your kind words and thoughts. It has been a very interesting 32 years for sure. I have met a lot of really fine people, from all parts of the world, and all walks of life. I?d love to respond and thank you all individually, but that would become one LONG thread  :lol: Some of my thoughts and answers to questions:

RMAF was a yearly highlight of this biz for me. Meeting so many of you in person was a real treat. It was a lot of fun working with Glenn and Bryan of GIK, and Darren and Greg of DH Labs. Each year the sound in our room was first rate and demonstrated that excellence is affordable.

To Michael, my kids are all doing great and doing their own things. In fact I was just up your way last weekend visiting my son who lives in Minneapolis. He?s driving excursion boats and going to school. My oldest son has helped me tremendously the last year in wrapping things up here at ACI, would have been very tough without him. He?s now establishing himself in a brand new career with a lot of promise. Brenda moved on from ACI a few years ago. . . she was one of the very best.

Condolences have been offered and thank you, but there is no sadness here. Yes there were struggles and sadness at times during the 32 years, but now I have nothing but positive feelings moving forward.

About teaching: I?ve been a Special Education teacher for most of the last 32 years.  A year and a half ago I made a giant leap from the High School level to Elementary level. The position was open for interview, and thanks to my lovely wife and one of her patented ?hits upside the head? I was persuaded to check it out. I?m working with kids with Learning Disabilities who need and WANT help with their academics and social skills. It is a blast! I?m putting in more hours and effort than ever and loving every minute. My original life timetable had scheduled me to retire after this year and delve full-time once again into audio. Instead, I?m planning on teaching another five to seven years.   

Will ACI go on?  I don?t know. I have done no active marketing, but have talked with a number of seriously interested parties. Currently I am talking with a representative of a highly respected national audio retailer.  We shall see what happens. I would love to stay on in a very part-time capacity and see ACI continue and grow. If it happens, that will be great, if it doesn?t I have more than enough that I want to do.

Again, a very sincere thanks to ALL of you!

bummrush

« Reply #51 on: 13 Dec 2009, 03:58 pm »
  good work with the special ed kids and that,that right there show's you have class.

tomagardner

« Reply #52 on: 13 Dec 2009, 05:20 pm »
All of my speakers are ACI. I first built his 3-way "Titans" (actually 3 of us built 3 pairs together) 20+ years ago. Mike even searched the interweb for me when I needed new mids.

Then when I was looking for new speakers I found out that ACI was unfortunately not in the kit business anymore. So I bought 3 SapphireXLs. Nice!

What am I gonna do now?

solomon goldfinger

« Reply #53 on: 15 Dec 2009, 01:53 am »
Mike, I will miss your products and your great service.
Regarding the latter, yesterday my woofer on the Sapphire XL stopped working. How can I get a replacement? Thanks, and all the best :cry:

SOLOMON GOLDFINGER

« Reply #54 on: 18 Dec 2009, 05:12 pm »
Do you have any spare foam plugs for the sapphire XL's?

bob_m

« Reply #55 on: 29 Dec 2009, 08:49 pm »
Mike, 

Long time lurker here but with few posts.  I believe the only post I ever did was how I met you years ago on the Cserve forum.  Back then it seemed like such a small community.  Now look at the number of audio forums on the net.  Simply amazing!  Anyway best of luck as you transition out of the audio business.  You and your company will be surely missed.

Have you given any thought to writing a book? Bio, history of ACI type thing.  It would be an interesting read. 

Bob 

>> I am still enjoying my Titian built from a kit years ago. 

« Last Edit: 30 Dec 2009, 02:24 am by bob_m »

thedeskE

• http://www.thedeske.com
« Reply #56 on: 20 Jan 2010, 04:49 pm »
Mike - ACI was a 'Class Act' - Best To You Sir

Eric
www.thedeske.com