QSO-404 bookshelf speakers?

SWG255

QSO-404 bookshelf speakers?
« on: 10 Jan 2004, 10:35 pm »
Hi,

I had a non-audiophile friend over to the house last night, and he was so impressed with my RM40s that he visited the VMPS Audio web site today, and wants to buy a pair of the QSO-404 bookshelf speakers!

He hasn't had a stereo setup since the mid-80's, so he'd have to get an int. amp or receiver to go with the QSO-404s. Do you think the new "digital switching" receivers from Sony or Panasonic would mate well with these speakers?

John Casler

Re: QSO-404 bookshelf speakers?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2004, 08:08 pm »
Quote from: SWG255
Hi,

I had a non-audiophile friend over to the house last night, and he was so impressed with my RM40s that he visited the VMPS Audio web site today, and wants to buy a pair of the QSO-404 bookshelf speakers!

He hasn't had a stereo setup since the mid-80's, so he'd have to get an int. amp or receiver to go with the QSO-404s. Do you think the new "digital switching" receivers from Sony or Panasonic would mate well with these speakers?

Hi SWG255

Glad your friend liked the VMPS, but sad to say, the 404 is no longer in production.

His best bet to get the thype of sound he heard from your speakers would be the 626R.