VMPS ROOM pics from CES (Thanks HarleyMYK)

Marbles

« on: 10 Jan 2004, 06:23 pm »

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2004, 06:28 pm »
Very nice!

Just curious, do others use that much room treatment?

GW

HarleyMYK

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2004, 07:46 pm »
It was a mixed bag.  For instance, Pass uses none, so that they can claim that they recreate what consumers may have in their home.  FWIW, Pass had perhaps the best sound I heard at the show.  Their active speakers (with built in amps) were $45,000 a pair.

You can see a lot of the rooms here:
HarleyMYK Does Las Vegas

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2004, 07:58 pm »
Thanks for the feedback and the great pictures!!

:beer:

Did you make it over to T.H.E. Show?  I am interested in how the Empirical Audio room sounded.

GW

Sa-dono

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jan 2004, 01:22 am »
Quote from: HarleyMYK
It was a mixed bag.  For instance, Pass uses none, so that they can claim that they recreate what consumers may have in their home.  FWIW, Pass had perhaps the best sound I heard at the show.  Their active speakers (with built in amps) were $45,000 a pair.

You lucky bastard! :P Those are actually some of the speakers I have been wanting to hear. Any chance you have any more pics of them? :D

audiochef

ces
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jan 2004, 05:44 am »
Thanks  Marbles and Harleymyk  for the most thorough picture tour  of any Hi-Fi show I've ever seen.

Stan

ed_robyn

« Reply #6 on: 11 Jan 2004, 11:24 pm »
Is that the 215 sub in the picture?  If so, I assume that the the other active driver is facing down?

WG

« Reply #7 on: 11 Jan 2004, 11:48 pm »
I thought the 215 had one active 15" driver and one 15" passive radiator. If I am correct, you see the active driver and the passive "tuning" radiator is on the bottom.

Regards,
Will

warnerwh

« Reply #8 on: 11 Jan 2004, 11:48 pm »
Ed: the other drive would be the passive radiator and you're correct that it would be facing down.  BTW, welcome to audiocircle.  You'll find honestly excellent products and outstanding customer service from the companies here.  Also a wealth of good knowledge.  Cheers

ed_robyn

« Reply #9 on: 12 Jan 2004, 01:26 pm »
Thanks for the welcome.  I have been lurking around this forum for a few months but haven't taken the "plunge" to post a reply until now.   I got bitten by the "bug" about a year ago and have been soaking up as much a I can on this and other forums.  I will admit that you guys and this forum are on the next level from the other forums so bear with me when I ask dumb questions.  Anyway, getting back to the sub.  I guess I assumed since the sub was called "215" it would have 2 -15 active drivers vs the "larger" which has the 12 and 15" drivers.  I stand corrected.  One other question, I notice in the pictures all the Ampzillas,  would anyone know how Brian set up the system?  Meaning, what did he use for for interconnnects, speaker wire, source equipment etc. and how did he wire it up? Looks like bi-amp on all the speakers.  Anyone who was there know?