Neighborhood Troll

Religion discussed here....
« Reply #160 on: 13 Jan 2004, 12:26 am »
yeah the 15th page of polotics.

jfreeman373

« Reply #161 on: 13 Jan 2004, 05:01 am »
Hey Tyson!

If you want some answers to some of your questions you'll have to do a little research, hopefully I can point you in the right direction, but that is all I can do.  If you don't come to the understanding of the total glory of god in your own mind, no one can show it to you. No one can make you see if you have your eyes shut.  Maybe you want to open your eyes but you feel paralyzed and can't move your eyelids.  It's all a deception.  You will see the truth if that is what you are truly seeking.  If you are looking for vain justifications for WHY God has done what he has done you will never see anything at all.  

First off we CAN directly observe gods work. In higher mathematics they have already proven that there are multiple dimensions that cannot be percieved by us but only through the mathematics.

Secondly, did you know that all of the planets of the solar system are "tuned to a natural note" in the musical scale if you use a tuning of C 256 instead of the fallen A 440 scale.  If we shift the frequency of each note in a scale down a few Hz to align with C 256 all the planets fall on a musical note. Read about Kepler!  This was god's design.  Music is one of the languages through which god speaks, and it is also through music which his glory is reflected back upon himself.
http://www.schillerinstitute.org/fid_91-96/fid_911_jbt_tune.html">Schiller institute

Next,  Look into godell's theorum and how through science it is proven that the rules of one world can only be fully explained by stepping outside the realms of that world, kind of like an onion. Worlds within worlds kind of thing.
http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~jjb29/godel.html">Godel's theorem

Again, check out the link in my signature below and see how the bible has been proved beyond a shadow of a doubt (with math) that it is of divine origin.  There is no other book or writing ever discovered to have even 10 occurences of this mathematical ratio, yet the bible has millions.  Even within one passage there have been multiple occurences of these ratios that overlap.  The odds of this statistically are 1,000,000 times greater that you would win the lottery (actual statistics on the site :) ).  The bible itself is not a linear object; it is a singularity, a whole; the tapestry in which God painted his mind in one instance;  complete like a sphere.

Finally, speaking of spheres.  First off, start with a triangle....add a side... you get a square....add a side again. You get a pentagon, then a hexagon.  Then you get an octagon... the polygons, as you add more sides
appear to get closer to looking like a circle.  But you will never truly reach a circle even if you add sides for infinity.  Therefore within a circle is contained infinity. Next take that circle and spin it on it's axis an infinate amount of times, you get a sphere. But hey...just a minute...what if you dont only spin on one axis.  You could pick an infinate amount of points on that sphere in which to rotate you circle to get a sphere.  Wow! Infinty to the infinate to the infinate power.  And all this is contained within one little proton of an atom.  Expand that...to the electrons orbit....the huge amount of atoms it takes to make of the earth....which is itself a sphere and that sphere rotates in a circular rotation around the sun which is also a sphere.  We are only talking out our small little planet here buddy....expand that all the way out to the edge of the universe.  What if our universe is only ONE universe of many inside a greater collective than it.  Kind of like our universe was only an atom inside a greater one.  Truly the concept of eternity is not that difficult to grasp if I can point out it's existence in just a few sentences.  I could go on forever myself, and I'm not even god...only a human.  But my mind can comprehend eternity because I was created in the image of the infinate god and my spirit is therefore infinate itself and must exist for eternity, because the universe never ends.  E=mc squared and so forth.  Matter  can neither be created or destroyed, it  can only be transformed from one form to another.

http://www.schillerinstitute.org/fid_91-96/fid_923_lhl_metaphor.html">platonic solids

I am looking forward to being transformed myself :)

tom1356

« Reply #162 on: 13 Jan 2004, 05:14 am »
Religion to politics to crazy in one page.
Still it was a good run.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #163 on: 13 Jan 2004, 05:54 am »
I followed the link to the schiller institute.

Uhm. . .

Oh my. . .

I think I'll stop talking to you now.  Thanks anyway.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #164 on: 13 Jan 2004, 06:22 am »
The pic on that magazine cover looks pretty familiar! :wink:

Tyson

« Reply #165 on: 13 Jan 2004, 06:26 am »
Yes, it's plato and aristotle arguing.  I'm firmly aristotelian, the institute falls firmly on the platonic side.

jkarhan1

« Reply #166 on: 13 Jan 2004, 06:30 am »
3 pages since this AM!  Holy cow!  Do your guys work?
Are there any sierious questions?

DVV

« Reply #167 on: 13 Jan 2004, 07:25 am »
Quote from: jkarhan1
3 pages since this AM!  Holy cow!  Do your guys work?

Only when we have to. :lol:

Are there any sierious questions?

How about this - how is it that we have so many rather different perceptions of God we neatly packaged into what we call religions? Why do we not see Him in a more similar way? Why some of us do not see Him at all?

Cheers,
DVV

JohnR

« Reply #168 on: 13 Jan 2004, 07:31 am »
Ever played that game where you have a line of people, and the first whispers something into the ear of the second, and the second into the ear of the third, and so it goes on?

nathanm

« Reply #169 on: 13 Jan 2004, 07:44 am »
Again, check out the link in my signature below and see how the bible has been proved beyond a shadow of a doubt (with math) that it is of divine origin.

:rotflmao:  Right.

I could go on forever myself

Please don't!

I am looking forward to being transformed myself

I hope so too, preferably into a being without internet access.  I think you are a vicar of the Church Of Saint Loony of the Cream Bun and Jam.  Here's hoping the spaceship from the fourth dimension comes to take you away very soon.

jfreeman373

« Reply #170 on: 13 Jan 2004, 08:02 am »
Such an easy... simple response.  Mockery..... where have I heard that voice before ? Seems rather .....useless.  I guess I should just duck my head and run.  Figures I'd find you here. :wave:

Here's hoping the spaceship from the fourth dimension comes to take you away very soon.

I'm not the one that has close encounters with the b'nai elohim...from what YOUR website says, your the one having nightmares about that. :rotflmao:

Neighborhood Troll

« Reply #171 on: 13 Jan 2004, 10:57 am »
numbers and music, secret codes. sounds a little too much like james bond. i put no stock im people that go hunting for secret code this, or magic text that. theye'd rather go do that as apposed to believe the truth that is right in front of them. i've heard of some other funky stuff like the bible code, and even shakespeare writing his name into the bible. how do people have time for this stuff. if people were more busy doing what the bible said as apposed "unlocking it's secrets" we'd all be alot better off. and that is the real mystery, how DO we live the way God says we must live? i struggle with this one myself, that makes me human like the rest of you.

By the way, id like to hear more of nathan's close encounters of the "weird" kind. hehehe. i tell you this, nightmares are not from God, so, if you believe in the devil, what catagory does that fall into? sleep tight.

nathanm

« Reply #172 on: 13 Jan 2004, 03:45 pm »
Quote from: jfreeman373
Such an easy... simple response.  Mockery..... where have I heard that voice before ? Seems rather .....useless.  I guess I should just duck my head and run.  Figures I'd find you here. :wave:

You are correct, there is no need to mock you as your posts are quite enough on their own.  It's self-contained comedy in a tidy package.  So I do apologize for the half-hearted comment.  It could've been better I admit.  I will pray to Jesus for the strength to write better jests in future.

I'm not the one that has close encounters with the b'nai elohim...from what YOUR website says, your the one having nightmares about that. :rotflmao:

Ha!  Yes, well I suppose you gleaned that from the humorous caption which accompanies 'Alien Invasion Landscape', eh? Click a few pages beyond that - there's a message for you there.  It's white and brown, can't miss it. :thumb:

Tbadder1

« Reply #173 on: 13 Jan 2004, 04:52 pm »
Just a few thoughts from someone who is uncertain about everything:

If God is all knowing, and we are not, then the best we can hope for is partial knowledge.  5%, 10%, 80%, how much of God can we know?  I can't even have 5% knowledge of the Internet, well, assuming God infinitely more complex how can I know even 1% about her.  

Through faith? There's the problem.  It's only in Religion that we accept unsubstantiated statements.  Doesn't work in Science, Math, Politics, crossing a busy intersection.  Faith is the death of goodness, because faith can justify anything.  Remember God killed all the people of Sodom, even those born minutes before it went up in smoke.  Faith has let humans down throughout history, but making dinner for a sick neighbor never has, not once.  The measure of a human should never be her faith, but her kindness, her acceptance, her actions.  We need no religion outside of Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure.  Simple human kindness is greater than Faith or religion or history or politics or tube amps.  Everyone knows what it is, all over the world, at a very young age, instinctually.

The two greatest evils on earth are religion and nationalism, put them together and they equal pure, unadulterated, evil.  At least this is proof that Satan exists.

jfreeman373

« Reply #174 on: 13 Jan 2004, 09:02 pm »
Quote from: Neighborhood Troll
numbers and music, secret codes. sounds a little too much like james bond. I put no stock im people that go hunting for secret code this, or magic text that. theye'd rather go do that as apposed to believe the truth that is right in front of them.

Yeah, don't bother me with the facts of the situation, just give me something simple that I can "believe" in.  I don't want to understand God's creation, I want to be simple minded and worship a god that makes me feel like a good person wihout ever having to think.  Just give me my handbook and send me on my merry way.

"And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up.
  And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth:
   But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away.
   And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit.
   And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred.
   And he said unto them, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear."

Tbadder1

« Reply #175 on: 28 Jan 2004, 05:53 pm »
Math is a human invention.  That some of nature expresses this mathematical compunction is a human expression, a need to find pattern, and therefore, according to this kind of thinking, a divine impetus.  Nothing wrong with that, except that it doesn't prove a divine origin, only the desire for a divine origin.  When we measure anything that doesn't fit the measurement we call it untrue, or unimportant, or nonexsistent, or we ignore it.  But as Neil Bohrs points out--when we measure light as a particle it becomes a particle, when we measure light as a wave it becomes a wave.  Well, when we measure the universe as mathematical it becomes mathematical--a self-fulfilling prophecy.  

That we don't have answers to questions, that's not a proof that god exists.  That math proves things we can't comprehend, well, that's a kind of comprehension in itself, therefore the statement is contradictory and defies truth.  No, humans are just incapable of certain things, just because we are doesn't mean there has to be god.  This idea that the universe has to make sense is so prejudiced, so math-centric.  Math is simply an opinion that we foist upon ourselves because we've got nothing better at our disposal to explain things.  Math is our Greek Mythology, our Geek Mythology.  

Bottom line: if humans look for something, they'll find it whether it's there or not, hence God and his weapons of mass destruction.

Claiming there's a god is like claiming ghosts exist.  If you've seen a ghost then it is material.  If it's material then it's of this world, not the divine world.  If you've felt a ghost or God, then you're expressing its materiality, and hence not divine.  Now if you want to claim that divinity has materiality, then as many people have seen The Loch Ness Monster or Bigfoot as have seen God, or they're some strange equivalents.  Come to think of it, if Math measures materiality (even if unseen) and if it is the proof of god, then god is material.  So would god just show himself, could he just stand up and be counted.  Please.  Would you try and stop those who kill in your name.  You're getting a bad rep, my friend.  Math as a proof of God--that's a good one.

Tyson

« Reply #176 on: 28 Jan 2004, 06:15 pm »
Tbadder1
you are trying to apply logic to a belief, and believe me, logic simply does not apply here.  Trying to reason one's way to god is simply futile.  If you could, then there would be no need for faith.  

As I have noted before, faith is belief without evidence (or even belief in spite of evidence to the contrary).

Besides, it is not up to a non-believer to disprove the existence of god, it is up to the believer to prove his existence (or otherwise show that god exists).  Since faith (not logic) is the primary pillar of god's followers, I'm relatively certain that no compelling evidence will be forthcoming.

When you start requiring evidence, logic, and proof, you have already evicted yourself from the realm of the faithful.  To believe in god you must simply accept that proof, evidence, and logic are simply superfluous and just leave it at blind faith.

Woodsea

« Reply #177 on: 28 Jan 2004, 06:49 pm »
Best argument is cut and paste  :lol:
An excerpt from physicist, Leon Lederman, a Nobel Prize winner. It is called The God Particle-
In the very beginning, there was a void, a curious form of vacuum, a nothingness containing no space, no time, no matter, no light, no sound. Yet the laws of nature were in place and this curious vacuum held potential. A story logically begins at the beginning, but this story is about the universe and unfortunately there are no data for the very beginnings--none, zero. We don't know anything about the universe until it reaches the mature age of a billion of a trillionth of a second. That is, some very short time after creation in the big bang. When you read or hear anything about the birth of the universe, someone is making it up--we are in the realm of philosophy. Only God knows what happened at the very beginning.

By Marilyn Adamson
If a person opposes even the possibility of there being a God, then any evidence can be rationalized or explained away.

nathanm

« Reply #178 on: 28 Jan 2004, 07:54 pm »
"It beest a sin against God to post thine words with cyan text against a light grey background, for the eyes of the faithful shalt be smote." (-Eccentricasties 24:6)

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #179 on: 28 Jan 2004, 07:56 pm »
Looks cool on SpacePilot, though!