Picture Food Needed

wrathchild

• Bryston Ballistics
Re: Picture Food Needed
« Reply #80 on: 14 Apr 2010, 05:00 am »
Very nice. I see some Maggies back there, did you notice a substantial difference with the 7's?

Waker

« Reply #81 on: 14 Apr 2010, 06:06 am »
Insert Quote
Very nice. I see some Maggies back there, did you notice a substantial difference with the 7's?

Yes, the 7's bring out more of the music's details--more space between instruments, parts stand out that I could not hear before.  The presentation is quieter and more involving--more dimensional.  The 7's are my first experience with monoblocks.  I chose them over a pair of ARC VTM 200s.  How do your Maggie's run with your 28BSSTs?     
« Last Edit: 14 Apr 2010, 08:01 am by Waker »

Hififreak

• www.brystonheritage.com
    • www.hififreaks.nl
« Reply #82 on: 14 Apr 2010, 02:25 pm »

New active monitor speakers, Adam Audio S2.5A.

The 14B SST becomes an upgrade.   :P

wrathchild

• Bryston Ballistics
« Reply #83 on: 15 Apr 2010, 01:54 am »
Yes, the 7's bring out more of the music's details--more space between instruments, parts stand out that I could not hear before.  The presentation is quieter and more involving--more dimensional.  The 7's are my first experience with monoblocks.  I chose them over a pair of ARC VTM 200s.  How do your Maggie's run with your 28BSSTs?     
I went from the 4BSST(which also sounds great, but..). Much the same as you.. better soundstage and more lively presence of sound, more involving. The volume level/quality of sound seemed to peak a little early for me with the 4B. The 28's definitely rock out better and stay nice and clean to volume levels everyone else in the house may or may not appreciate. :lol: The one compromise with the Maggies, for me, was their limited impact, punch, volume capability, which I was aware of before buying. The 28's have solved that. I'm very happy with the combination.

Ron

Hififreak

• www.brystonheritage.com
    • www.hififreaks.nl
« Reply #84 on: 24 May 2010, 10:05 am »

New speakerstands for the Adam S2.5A.

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #85 on: 24 May 2010, 05:50 pm »

Saw a Krell 600e a few days ago - another awesome looking mono block :drool:

Be well...

Napalm

« Reply #86 on: 24 May 2010, 06:08 pm »
Saw a Krell 600e a few days ago - another awesome looking mono block :drool:

You're banished for 5 minutes :jester:

nap.

Laundrew

« Reply #87 on: 24 May 2010, 06:55 pm »
You're banished for 5 minutes :jester:

nap.

Please forgive me Nap :oops:

I have such a weakness for awesome looking (and sounding) amplifiers - less is more! Tell you what, if I ever purchase a pair, I will just put them on a shelf and just look at them :wink:

Is my time-out over now :D :scratch:

Be well...

werd

« Reply #88 on: 24 May 2010, 07:00 pm »
Thats looks great. Why dont you get a black 28b with handles faceplate. One silver and one black..... look cool.

Napalm

« Reply #89 on: 24 May 2010, 07:04 pm »
Laundrew, cool stuff you have there. How about some custom furniture. Mhhh satin black.  :thumb:

nap.

Laundrew

« Reply #90 on: 24 May 2010, 07:14 pm »
Laundrew, cool stuff you have there. How about some custom furniture. Mhhh satin black.  :thumb:

nap.

*Cough*  :nono: :wink:

I will have you know that the concrete blocks you see in the photo are of Audiophile quality :wink:

I have moved the main column of my Steampunk stereo stand into the spare room and I am getting ready to start modifying it.

:thumb:

Be well...

Napalm

« Reply #91 on: 24 May 2010, 07:42 pm »
*Cough*  :nono: :wink:

I will have you know that the concrete blocks you see in the photo are of Audiophile quality :wink:

I have moved the main column of my Steampunk stereo stand into the spare room and I am getting ready to start modifying it.

Be well...

You can find some nice HVLP equipment chez Napalm. Your choice of automotive or furniture coatings. Think about it.

Nap.  :thumb:

Laundrew

« Reply #92 on: 24 May 2010, 07:46 pm »
You can find some nice HVLP equipment chez Napalm. Your choice of automotive or furniture coatings. Think about it.

:drool: :thumb: :!:

Be well...

Laundrew

« Reply #93 on: 24 May 2010, 08:16 pm »
Thats looks great. Why dont you get a black 28b with handles faceplate. One silver and one black..... look cool.

Hello werd,

A future project I am toying around with is a lighting effect that will have the components appear to be brass - if I purchased black components, I could not of done this.

Be well...

Napalm

« Reply #94 on: 24 May 2010, 08:26 pm »
A future project I am toying around with is a lighting effect that will have the components appear to be brass

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_plating

Laundrew

« Reply #95 on: 24 May 2010, 10:37 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_plating

The idea of lighting came to me awhile ago when I was walking into work. An office building was using many different sizes of RGB LED arrays to produce specific colours on trees and on various parts of the building itself - it really looked awesome. A couple of these small arrays focused on the aluminium face plates of the components would have the same effect.

Be well...

Napalm

« Reply #96 on: 24 May 2010, 11:02 pm »
Laundrew you should visit Kitchener some day. Paradise for you. These guys will do electroplating: http://www.kuntz.com/. And there's machine shop after machine shop everywhere. You could easily find a place to make you milled face plates from massive brass if you wanted that way.

Laundrew

« Reply #97 on: 25 May 2010, 12:04 am »
Laundrew you should visit Kitchener some day. Paradise for you. These guys will do electroplating: http://www.kuntz.com/. And there's machine shop after machine shop everywhere. You could easily find a place to make you milled face plates from massive brass if you wanted that way.

Hello Nap,

I have thought about this, but I think for the 28s and the 26, I could order the faceplates - handles from Bryston. Their machine shop supplier would only have to bolt a brass plate into the CNC machine instead of an aluminium plate. The problem lies with the X-05 as you could not change to a brass tray for the drive. The lighting system will be a much more economical route and if I do not like it - I can always turn it off or change to a different colour.

Thanks for the reference.

Be well…

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #98 on: 26 May 2010, 10:30 pm »

I have such a weakness for awesome looking (and sounding) amplifiers - less is more! Tell you what, if I ever purchase a pair, I will just put them on a shelf and just look at them :wink:

Be well...

Looks good, Laundrew.

larevoj

« Reply #99 on: 29 May 2010, 05:57 am »

Be well...

Laundrew, what are those between the concrete blocks??   :scratch: