Re: Picture Food Needed
« Reply #404 on: 6 Oct 2010, 11:31 pm »
DEV,

Simply awesome  :thumb:

Be well...

DEV

« Reply #405 on: 9 Oct 2010, 10:02 pm »
Thanks, yes I truely do enjoy no matter what I'm spinning but my preference is vinyl. Forgot to add a pic of my VAC Sig. MK2a pre w/phono, what a master pce and by far my fav. my MBL's are lovin it. 

vinyl.

drummermitchell

« Reply #406 on: 9 Oct 2010, 10:25 pm »
Hi Dev,do you still have the 28's on board and if so, how does the Vac pre and 28's get along.

DEV

« Reply #407 on: 9 Oct 2010, 10:59 pm »
Yes I do, VAC pairs up marvelously.

drummermitchell

« Reply #408 on: 9 Oct 2010, 11:39 pm »
lOOKIN VERY GOOD INDEEED.I see Torus support also.
Solid amp and power foundation :thumb:.

Robert D

« Reply #409 on: 10 Oct 2010, 08:55 pm »
DEV
Out of curiosity what is the size of your Room, and the distance between your speakers.
And the distance from your speakers to your listening area.

Thanks for sharing

Regards Robert

DEV

« Reply #410 on: 11 Oct 2010, 04:32 pm »
Hi Rob, see attached pic.

Space; Where the speakers are placed; aprox 15 ft wall and speakers tweeters are aprox 10 ft apart and 5 ft from the back wall. The space has an open concept feel as you can see so to the right is open and there are ceilings at various heights from over 20 ft down to 9 ft.

Listening; well that's where it's really amazing because I have multible due to the design of the speakers and it sound marvelous, no other speaker that I have owned and placed into this space could provide such. I sit aprox. 30 ft away allot listening, no echo etc. there is a chair in the picture as you can see to the left which I move and place aprox. anywhere from 9-12 ft from the speakers depending on my mood so I get different listening perspectives. As you know this eliminates the room ambience and interaction, nice to be able to do this it's like going to a hall and being able to move from different seating positions so you get sonically a different perspective over all of what ever I'm listening to.

Construction: not your norm for an upstairs space, I have 2 x 6 interior walls, sound proofing within all the interior walls, 5/8" drywall through out, plaster crown moulding, floors 2 layers of 3/4" ply glued and screwed in a stagered effect, interior doors solid core, softwood shutter louvers. Trim is all wood, not MDF along with real wood pillars, outside the room the floor is 3/4" slate not marble or granite or tile of some sort which is hard and very reflective and over all has an impact on the room sonically.

This room with my MBL's is upstairs and not my designated room, that room is in the basement and is aprox. 30ft + x 26ft + with over 9 ft ceilings.

Robert D

« Reply #411 on: 11 Oct 2010, 05:18 pm »
DEV

Thanks for sharing   :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:

I would love to hear your System 

Does the warm or cold weather have a effect on the Speakers ?

Will the sound imaging change at all due to a change in Temperature ?

Robert

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #412 on: 11 Oct 2010, 05:40 pm »
Rob,

what do you mean by "cold or warm weather" can have an effect on the speakers :scratch:

:o al.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #413 on: 11 Oct 2010, 05:41 pm »
Very cool, DEV. Kudos for using Bryston amps. Now, how much did you pay for the system? :D

DEV

« Reply #414 on: 11 Oct 2010, 05:54 pm »
Hi Robert,

To answer your two questions, no I haven't personally  :D  and I'm going on year three owning these speakers from new.  :thumb:

Hi Vegasdave,

a few pennies I saved up here and there over the years but money aside if you can aford to do it than why not. My belief is "I work hard so I play hard!"  :thumb:

Robert D

« Reply #415 on: 11 Oct 2010, 07:17 pm »
Rob,

what do you mean by "cold or warm weather" can have an effect on the speakers :scratch:

:o al.

Here you Go Al

I find that humidity and cold weather have a different effect on My  Paradigm Speakers

During Summer months here in Montreal the humidity is very High 50- 55% even with the Air conditioning on 
At 22 - 24 degrees.... My ears hear a difference between the Winter Months and the Summer Months.

The Warm weather to the Cold Weather.... I thinks it's the speaker.
In the Cold Months I find the speakers to be very bright is it's total sound  package.
Even by moving the position of the speakers back forward , side ways what ever .

They seem easier to obtain their highest  quality of sound ... Soundstage in Warm Humid weather.

That's why I was asking DEV  if he heard a Difference   in cold and warm Weather  with his speakers
... Cause I do ... with Mine !

Robert

DEV

« Reply #416 on: 11 Oct 2010, 07:48 pm »
Hi Robert,

a humdifier should correct that for you, remove excesive humidity that is. If i forget to in the winter to turn on my humidifier which is connected to the furnace then it can get overly dry within our home at times and static occurs "not a good thing for spinning vinyl" so I must make sure it's on with a clean filter.

werd

« Reply #417 on: 11 Oct 2010, 08:13 pm »
Hi Dev

Your system looks complete.... very nice. And you got the Shakti hollographs... :thumb:

How did they fit into your system?

Have your ever thought of making half that room  hardwood on the hifi and keeping it carpet at the couches?

DEV

« Reply #418 on: 11 Oct 2010, 08:58 pm »
Hi Werd,

Thanks, I'm enjoying it!  :thumb:

Shakti hollographs, I actually had these when I had box speakers (Avalon Isis & Eggleston) and found my system sounded better with them within then out so I kept them. At some point I need to take them out to see if my thoughts are the same now using the MBL's.

Hardwood; yes and that's how my designated room is set-up. We have two Bostin Terriers dogs that love to play and run the house chasing each other so the hardwood  :nono: in this room. Over all the room sounds great!  :thumb:

werd

« Reply #419 on: 11 Oct 2010, 09:27 pm »
Hi Werd,

Thanks, I'm enjoying it!  :thumb:

Shakti hollographs, I actually had these when I had box speakers (Avalon Isis & Eggleston) and found my system sounded better with them within then out so I kept them. At some point I need to take them out to see if my thoughts are the same now using the MBL's.

Hardwood; yes and that's how my designated room is set-up. We have two Bostin Terriers dogs that love to play and run the house chasing each other so the hardwood  :nono: in this room. Over all the room sounds great!  :thumb:

Its looks really good that whole room. Those MBLs look like a pair maids from the Jetson's  :lol: