Power Nap before listening Session.

Mag

Re: Power Nap before listening Session.
« Reply #20 on: 6 Nov 2009, 09:41 pm »
>>Do you set alarms for these naps?  I know someone who takes these all the time and says he just automatically wakes up in 15 minutes, 20 minutes or whatever.<<

No, I wake up naturally. Like the other day, I went into a deep comatose sleep. Minutes before I wake up, I feel a tingling sensation in my brain as I come out of comatose, and my brain is reset. I was only out for 15 minutes!

Mag

Re: Power Nap before listening Session.
« Reply #21 on: 6 Nov 2009, 10:02 pm »
I would not normally run the system very loud, but I do like to know system limits and so know there is headroom.

85dB is film ref level.

I also respect my ears, they are worth a lot to me.

I respect my ears too. If I'm going to wreck my ears with loud spl's. I don't want it to be some crap song. I want to go out remembering a great song.

If all the propaganda about loud spl's damaging hearing was true. Then I should be deaf by now. There are so many varibles to consider that ear experts have to say that. Undistorted music is different than sustained noise, as long as you use common sense and don't have a speaker blasting damaging sound pressure right in the ears it not that dangerous as they make it out to be. Unfortunately people don't always use common sense.