Well this stinks

floresjc

Well this stinks
« on: 30 Oct 2009, 02:45 pm »
Wasted day, they can't deliver until Monday...

:(

mathgeek97

Re: Well this stinks
« Reply #1 on: 30 Oct 2009, 02:48 pm »
D'oh!!!!  :duh:

sedah

« Reply #2 on: 30 Oct 2009, 02:58 pm »
Boo!

Well at least your cables should come in today... you can spend time cutting up that spool and attaching plugs / spades / whatever.

vintagebob

« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2009, 03:07 pm »
Dang it! I hope the weekend flies by for you.

Wayner

« Reply #4 on: 30 Oct 2009, 03:49 pm »
Go get them.

floresjc

« Reply #5 on: 30 Oct 2009, 04:01 pm »
Well my cables came in last night. So yah, I'll probly spend some time terminating them. Also have the Nebraska game tomorrow on TV, so I can kill some time. I thought about going to get them, but I don't have a truck and the station is a significant distance away (90 mins).

K Shep

« Reply #6 on: 30 Oct 2009, 04:22 pm »
The day my SongTowers were "out for delivery" per the FedEx website I worked from home.  Waited and waited...my wife came home for an hour, I decided to drive around the neighborhood looking for a FedEx truck.  UPS drove up my block and I ran to the window, stood outside.  At 5 pm I phoned FedEx and they pulled up the tracking # to find that they were loaded on the wrong truck.  So I drove 15 miles to the terminal at 7:30 pm they barely fit in the back of my vehicle (seats folded down Audi A3).

I remember how difficult it was to wait.  Go rent a U-Haul pickup and drive 90 miles and get your babies.  What else do you have to do today?  That is all you will be thinking about for the next 72 hours.  So of us know we have been there.

With the warmest regards,
Kirk

fluke242

« Reply #7 on: 30 Oct 2009, 06:21 pm »
Well my cables came in last night. So yah, I'll probly spend some time terminating them. Also have the Nebraska game tomorrow on TV, so I can kill some time. I thought about going to get them, but I don't have a truck and the station is a significant distance away (90 mins).

I am able to fit my HT2's in the back of my car.  Volvo Sedan with the back seat folds down.  Where there is a will...  :) 

Congrats and have fun!

John

Nuance

« Reply #8 on: 30 Oct 2009, 07:04 pm »
floresjc,

If you can get them today, do it brother.  Borrow a friends vehicle - you won't regret it.  And trust me, you want an entire weekend to spend with them before having to go back to work. 

K Shep

« Reply #9 on: 30 Oct 2009, 07:30 pm »
Where there is a will...  :) 

I had forgotten you are receiving a small forest (I stole that from another post, still hilarious) from Salk, floresjc.  2 pallets you posted in "A place to Salk..."  You will definitely need a large vehicle to transport 2 pallets.  Congrats!

Nuance

« Reply #10 on: 30 Oct 2009, 07:52 pm »
^ Oh yeah...over 600lbs.  Maybe it won't be plausible after all...  :(

Wayner

« Reply #11 on: 30 Oct 2009, 07:58 pm »
If you only lived closer........

Wayner  aa

sfox7076

« Reply #12 on: 30 Oct 2009, 08:29 pm »
Please, just go to the local bus depot and slip a driver a $20.

R Swerdlow

« Reply #13 on: 30 Oct 2009, 09:16 pm »
With all those pallets of Salk cargo, rent one of these

mark funk

« Reply #14 on: 30 Oct 2009, 09:18 pm »
My brother Martyo went to get his HT-3s at Jim's from Chicago in a Toyota Camry! I know its hard too wait. I use to know the
sound of the old UPS trucks but now they have those new ones, its hard to hear then now.

:smoke: