jedi35

Re: Zu party in St. louis?
« Reply #20 on: 27 Oct 2009, 07:42 pm »
Sounds great!!

Scott F.

Re: Zu party in St. louis?
« Reply #21 on: 12 Nov 2009, 12:39 am »
Hiya Guys,

After talking to Ron at Zu I'm thinking about hosting the House Party sometime in late April or early May of next year.

Obviously Ron wants to get as many people to the event as possible so the only way to cram more people into my place is to utilize the front and back decks. To use the decks, we need decent weather. As we all know, winters around here could be 70 and sunny or -7 with 6" of snow or worse yet ice covering everything. The last week or two of April through mid-to-late May are usually gorgeous so that's what I'm shooting for. We'll likely have to limit the number of people to between 50 and 60 and pray it doesn't rain.

As I mentioned previously, this go round we're going to eliminate the parking issues we always have at my place. I'll rent a van for the day and have you guys park down at an empty parking lot at the 44 exit. We'll give out the cell phone number to a driver who we'll have shuttling people back and forth all day and night.

We don't have all of the details worked out yet but it sounds like we'll start around 11:00 with some private listening sessions for about 3 hours. This is where you'll be able to bring your amp and give the speakers a serious listen. Each room will have a three hour window for serious auditions. Then at 2:00 the general party will begin. This will be just like all of the other parties we've had out here, nothing too serious, just good music, maybe spin some vinyl, mix it up a bit with some fun music (read=non-audiophile), visit and have fun listening to the Zu products.

We'll cater the event with something yummie. Don't have a clue what, but we'll figure that one out as the time gets closer. At some point later in the day (likely after supper) we'll have some live music. Not quite sure who is going to perform yet but it sounds like it will be a nationally named performer (solo). This will likely be held outside and broadcast on the Zu speakers.

Again, I haven't worked out all the details with Ron much less Laura or the talent, so consider all this 'tentative'.

As things progress, I'll post more. The first update will be the date in a week or so after Laura and I talk.

Zu on Tour

Should be one helluva'n event  :thumb: