Modding DEQX?

Hebrew Hammer

• Industry Participant
  • www.Randall-K.com
Modding DEQX?
« on: 15 Oct 2009, 07:40 pm »
So.. I know you have a million things on your plate right now... and to be honest.. It's not like I have the extra cash..lol

but...

Have you ever considered putting some Modwright tube love on the DEQX?

modwright

Re: Modding DEQX?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2009, 07:45 pm »
Hi and thank you for your interest in our modifications.

At the moment, we have a very full plate with the Oppo BDP-83 mods and finalizing mods for the Sony XA-5400ES for which we are very late.

I don't see us pursuing a mod for the DBX unit right now, but anything is possible in the future.

Thanks and take care,

Dan W.

BPT

• Industry Participant
  • Balanced Power Technologies
« Reply #2 on: 15 Oct 2009, 08:23 pm »
THe DEQX has 6 analog out channels--that might get a little pricey for a top notch tube mod.
Chris H.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #3 on: 16 Oct 2009, 02:02 am »
i'd love to hear about a reasonably priced mod for my deqx pdc-2.6.  tubes would not be necessary; i am plenty happy w/the tubes in my amps & preamp...

doug s.

JoshK

« Reply #4 on: 16 Oct 2009, 02:25 am »
i'd love to hear about a reasonably priced mod for my deqx pdc-2.6.  tubes would not be necessary; i am plenty happy w/the tubes in my amps & preamp...

doug s.

If you are still running the pdc-2.6 you know you can upgrade via DEQX to the HDP-3.  I did that a few months back.  That was an upgrade for sure.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #5 on: 16 Oct 2009, 02:34 am »

doug s.

If you are still running the pdc-2.6 you know you can upgrade via DEQX to the HDP-3.  I did that a few months back.  That was an upgrade for sure.
ya, i know - big money...   :|  or is deqx now offering a special? 

doug s.

JDUBS

« Reply #6 on: 16 Oct 2009, 02:35 am »

doug s.

Josh, what was the turn-around time like for the HDP-3 upgrade?  I've been really happy with my pdc-2.6p but have been curious about this.

-Jim

JoshK

« Reply #7 on: 16 Oct 2009, 02:39 am »
I can't recall off the top of my head but it was north of 4 months.  I wasn't using it at the time so it wasn't a biggie.  If you are using it integrally, then it'd be a pain. 

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #8 on: 17 Oct 2009, 07:28 pm »
i yust emailed deqx re: modding mine - aud$1250 for the mod that keeps original case & includes everything sans new power supply; aud$2450 for what is basically an hdp-3.  suppose present turn-around time is 3 weeks...  shipping your original unit is extra; return shipping is included.

http://www.deqx.com/upgrades.php

doug s.

JoshK

« Reply #9 on: 17 Oct 2009, 07:32 pm »
i yust emailed deqx re: modding mine - aud$1250 for the mod that keeps original case & includes everything sans new power supply; aud$2450 for what is basically an hdp-3.  suppose present turn-around time is 3 weeks...  shipping your original unit is extra; return shipping is included.

doug s.

The AUD appreciated a lot in the last couple months (I know because we've had that position on in our portfolios).  I did the new case, as it does more than just the new case.  At the time it worked out to be about $1400 USD.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #10 on: 17 Oct 2009, 07:44 pm »

doug s.

The AUD appreciated a lot in the last couple months (I know because we've had that position on in our portfolios).  I did the new case, as it does more than just the new case.  At the time it worked out to be about $1400 USD.

yes, pricing due to aud appreciation is not favorable.   :?  new case mod offers additions to old case mod per below:

1. Items 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14 as
in option 1 upgrade left. (this is the old case mod)
2. New 2U high PDC3 chassis (double height
of PDC-2.6) with brushed black or brushed
silver anodized 12mm front panel.
3. Allows both digital outputs and balanced
analogue (transformer or electronic) outputs
simultaneously.
4. Analogue +/-15V 60VA main power supply? switchable 115V or 230V.

item 3 is meaningless to me, as i don't use the preamp feature, so item 4 is the only real difference...

doug s.

JoshK

« Reply #11 on: 18 Oct 2009, 12:50 am »
That's it.  It has analog power supplies instead of switchers.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #12 on: 18 Oct 2009, 01:20 am »
That's it.  It has analog power supplies instead of switchers.
yup, and it's something i need to query deqx about; whether it's worth double the price, as i use a balanced power conditioner..

doug s.