Modwright and Vienna Acoustics

granosalis

Modwright and Vienna Acoustics
« on: 13 Oct 2009, 02:19 pm »
Hi to All,
Let me introduce myself to this marvelous circle, (that I'm silently reading for long time now) my name is Giuseppe.

I'm building a new system around Dan's top of the line products: LS 35.5 + PS 36.5 + KWA 150. 

For what concern speakers I was very impressed about the quality of Vienna Acoustic Speakers, but I never heard them with Modwright electronics. There is someone here who experiences this combination?

The speaker model I have in mind is the Beethoven Baby Grand. Vienna Acoustics family sound can be considered warm with sweet highs and quick controlled and deep bass. They never sound hyper-detailed and also very long listening sessions are very relaxing.

So, thanks in advance for the answers.

Kindly regards,
Giuseppe

granosalis

Re: Modwright and Vienna Acoustics
« Reply #1 on: 6 Nov 2009, 11:36 am »
Nobody here are Vienna Acoustic Fans?
The baby grand is on the left.

Giuseppe

Rocket

« Reply #2 on: 6 Nov 2009, 11:51 am »
Hi Giuseppe,

I'm sorry I don't have any experience with Vienna Acoustic speakers.  How much do the baby grand speakers cost?

Lots of speakers to chose from.  Modwright gear supposedly sounds with Daedalus speakers.

Do you have an opportunity to listen to the baby grand's?

Regards

Rod

JackD201

« Reply #3 on: 6 Nov 2009, 12:36 pm »
I like VA speakers a lot. Refined, articulate, well focused, punchy and quick. Very liquid too. They sound classy and look classy. I wish I had picked this brand up but someone beat me to it. It should do very well with Dan's gear. I suggest you go for the VA top dog if budget permits. I'd rank it up there where it deserves to be.

toobluvr

« Reply #4 on: 6 Nov 2009, 12:53 pm »
Vienna Acoustic speakers are excellent....they sound exactly as described above.

Over the past 6 months I've seen used Beethovens (older version) in the $1600 to $1800 range.  I've always wanted to try these and definitely would have bought a pair......had I not bought my Sunnys at end of last winter.

Haven't heard VA with Modwright gear, but I see no reason whatsoever why they won't sing together.

granosalis

« Reply #5 on: 6 Nov 2009, 09:36 pm »
First of all let me thanks all of you for the kindly answers.

@Rod The baby Grand cost $ 3,995.00 and the Concert Grand is $5,500.00
I was not able to listen to the baby grand nor the concert grand, but I listen lots of other models like: Haydn, Haydn SE, Mozart, Mahnler 1.5 and the top of the line The Kiss (Wow!).
They share (more or less) the same family sound.

@JackD201
I fully share your comments. The sound is very relaxed and moreover I like the soundstage that is "not in my face".
The top of the line is the Concert Grand, but as my room side is not so big I think the baby will be the right choice.

@toobluvr
Yes, mee too.

Ciao
Giuseppe