Squeezebox Server 7.4

jwes

Re: Squeezebox Server 7.4
« Reply #80 on: 26 Oct 2009, 12:19 am »
The Transporter can only output 24/96 maximum.  Th fact that Squeezebox Server has SOX (downsampling) to allow 24/192 files to do sample rate conversion down to 24/96 is a function of the server software, not anything the TP is doing.  It's stuck at 24/96 period.  So...yes, the TP can read and play 24/192 files..but only cuz they've been dummied-down.

Thanks Ted,

A little bit of a bummer I guess, but if some good music is only available high res at 192k, then at least we can play it.  My uneducated guess is that it would be better to play 24/96 native than to downsample 24/192 to 24/96 - but hey, it's still higher res than CD by a good margin...

Jim

Nick B

« Reply #81 on: 26 Oct 2009, 03:46 am »
I downloaded the latest release of 7.4 a few weeks ago and never could get it to work. I had some pc issues then and figured it was my pc and not the new release. I have been on with support who had me do a "factory reset" on my SB 2. I was told that upgrades to the latest firmware and cannot be undone. Then did an uninstall and went back to 7.3. I can run some internet radio thing (jazz music), but am unable to connect to any of my music on "D" drive.

Suggestions welcome

Thanks,
Nick

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #82 on: 26 Oct 2009, 01:52 pm »
Nick, "Clear all and rescan" your D drive.
Also, try to access the drive by going through the [music folder] instead of [artist].

Bob

eg1

« Reply #83 on: 26 Oct 2009, 08:40 pm »
I find that I install the most recent s/w whenever I need to do a major overhaul of the server.

I have never tried to install updated s/w outside of those roughly annual redo's of my server.

From the sound of this thread, I am glad I don't, for the most part.

When I do need to reinstall the s/w, I look for the most recent, reputedly stable version, and run with that.

I know I miss out on the latest and greatest functionality, but I also miss out on most of the headaches too
!
You are wise beyond your years -- as you know, I got sucked into loading 7.4.1 via the e-mail notification, and sure enough, there's a bug where the web control cannot see my players!  :duh:

Could be worse -- at least the players work on their own ...

mcgsxr

« Reply #84 on: 26 Oct 2009, 09:55 pm »
I was over at my brother's house today (AC member, but infrequent poster), on the phone for 1+ hours trying to get around that issue - his Classic, Duet and Boom all function, but the web interface on his server cannot see them.

I advised he revert to a more recent version of the s/w, while these issues are dealt with.

What version are folks rolling back to?  7.3.4?

eg1

« Reply #85 on: 27 Dec 2009, 02:37 am »
I find that I install the most recent s/w whenever I need to do a major overhaul of the server.

I have never tried to install updated s/w outside of those roughly annual redo's of my server.

From the sound of this thread, I am glad I don't, for the most part.

When I do need to reinstall the s/w, I look for the most recent, reputedly stable version, and run with that.

I know I miss out on the latest and greatest functionality, but I also miss out on most of the headaches too
!
You are wise beyond your years -- as you know, I got sucked into loading 7.4.1 via the e-mail notification, and sure enough, there's a bug where the web control cannot see my players!  :duh:

Could be worse -- at least the players work on their own ...

Turns out it was a cache clearing problem -- issue finally resolved after much dicking around ...

NewBuyer

« Reply #86 on: 27 Dec 2009, 06:13 am »
Turns out it was a cache clearing problem -- issue finally resolved after much dicking around ...

What please did you end up having to do, specifically?

MerlinWerks

« Reply #87 on: 27 Dec 2009, 03:03 pm »
FWIW, I'm running 7.4.2 and the web interface won't see my SBR until I power cycle it.

eg1

« Reply #88 on: 1 Jan 2010, 12:46 am »

What please did you end up having to do, specifically?

I had to right click on my C-drive, choose properties, and then do a disk clean-up. You might also be able to solve it from "tools" right in IE by choosing "internet options" and deleting your browser history

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #89 on: 2 Jan 2010, 06:05 pm »
I had to right click on my C-drive, choose properties, and then do a disk clean-up.
Why the C: drive?
I assume that's where the OS is stored, and would also assume that's where SC is stored...But is that where your tunes are stored as well?

Bob