New Super-V model (that is going to the show) with pics!

PDR

• May the best man win
Re: New Super-V model (that is going to the show) with pics!
« Reply #140 on: 22 Oct 2010, 01:31 am »
Yep the one I'm looking at does use the Mark Audio....

There is absolutely no way I would think for a minute that these would even touch my V-1s 8)

I dont think I will ever replace them.....I just have a DIY itch to scratch. Horns have always fascinated
me, this build will just give me the opportunity to hear a pair for myself. I would try another pair of Dannys,
my father inlaw has done a couple now, they sound quite good......its just I dont really need more
speakers.....just ask my wife......I just want to check out horns.

Ronny you are more than welcome to come over and take a listen......the room is getting drywalled this weekend,
soon it will be ready.......and I will be dying to show it off.

Perry

Abelma

« Reply #141 on: 22 Oct 2010, 05:26 am »
Can you please tell characteristics...of course subjective, but to have an idea the differences. You had fullrange before? Thx

I really like the P-Audio driver.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #142 on: 22 Oct 2010, 05:48 am »
I have a theory, if I may be allowed to espouse it here.  I think the full range driver guys actually aren't really in love with a crossover-less speaker.  What they are REALLY in love with is a true point source speaker.  Unfortunately, a lot of coax speakers are pretty awful, but the P-Audio drivers are special.  And Danny works magic with them.  Personally, I am VERY sensitive to the physical separation of tweeter and midrange, and in my room it usually sounds irritating to me.  I can see the appeal of a "full range" driver, to avoid this issue, but really, a good coax driver is a better solution.

PDR

• May the best man win
« Reply #143 on: 22 Oct 2010, 09:35 pm »
Tyson, I cant really comment on why other peeps like them......It would be interesting to head out to
Daves place (from planet 10) on Vancouver Island one fall....been thinking maybe next year. They have a
bunch to listen to, with new and old designs. Would be a good place to do some comparisons.

Where I live....northern Canada....there is not much in the way of "Audio" happenings. Up here if you
want to hear something you have to bring it up or build it. As I said, I have never heard one before.....
but just as soon as I do I'll give you MY impressions..... 8)

Perry