Hello, my name is Marty and I'm a Salkaholic

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Re: Hello, my name is Marty and I'm a Salkaholic
« Reply #20 on: 28 Sep 2009, 11:41 pm »
Yes, those are some sharp looking speakers. The TLs are a bit bigger than I imagined. I really need to hear a pair of Jim's speakers.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #21 on: 28 Sep 2009, 11:44 pm »
Yes, those are some sharp looking speakers. The TLs are a bit bigger than I imagined. I really need to hear a pair of Jim's speakers.

Still time to make it to RMAF Bill....... :wink:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #22 on: 28 Sep 2009, 11:47 pm »
Still time to make it to RMAF Bill.......

I would love to go to meet all the AC'ers. Unfortunately, as always there is far too much going on at home. It's been a long year.

Now back to our regular scheduled program......

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #23 on: 29 Sep 2009, 12:08 am »
Still time to make it to RMAF  :wink:

No rooms at the inn, however, or the inn across the street.  (still trying to find a hotel room.)

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #24 on: 29 Sep 2009, 12:21 am »

No rooms at the inn, however, or the inn across the street.  (still trying to find a hotel room.)
Wow !! Thought things were slow....guess not. :o
Good luck.... :thumb:

mritschdorff.....Enjoy....they look great !! :beer:

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #25 on: 29 Sep 2009, 12:37 am »

I got into the Hampton Inn a few days ago.  If you haven't tried them and need contact info,    http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=JBQXUEXYA3CEWCSGBJN222Q?ctyhocn=DENUSHX

I really hope you can make it.  I would enjoy making the rounds with you.

funkmonkey

« Reply #26 on: 29 Sep 2009, 11:38 am »
HT2 TL's in Peruvian Walnut

Marty-  welcome to the Salk family, the Peruvian Walnut looks great!  :thumb:  I have to conclude that you chose wisely, based on many hours of listening, information research, and previous trial and error.  Congrats on your ability to make up your own mind   :o
I wish you many years of enjoyment from your HT2-TLs
Cheers

mathgeek97

« Reply #27 on: 29 Sep 2009, 03:44 pm »
Marty,

Congrats!  Good call on the walnut!  Those towers are gorgeous (and yes, they sound great, too).
If you can get them pulled out from the wall, the sound does improve (or so goes my experience).  I've got mine about 3 feet out right now and it helped the lower-end response tremendously.

-Kevin

jazzcat1

« Reply #28 on: 29 Sep 2009, 04:31 pm »
Beautiful finish Marty!

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
« Reply #29 on: 30 Sep 2009, 01:51 am »

I got into the Hampton Inn a few days ago.  If you haven't tried them and need contact info,    http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=JBQXUEXYA3CEWCSGBJN222Q?ctyhocn=DENUSHX

Dennis:

Thank you for the information about the hotel.  I made a reservation and am trying to find a manageable flight.  Next year, I hope my wife gives me permission to attend a little bit sooner.   :oops:

When you say making the rounds, you mean "Another round on _______!", correct?  :beer:   :D

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #30 on: 30 Sep 2009, 01:57 am »

Dennis:

Thank you for the information about the hotel.  I made a reservation and am trying to find a manageable flight.  Next year, I hope my wife gives me permission to attend a little bit sooner.   :oops:

When you say making the rounds, you mean "Another round on _______!", correct?  :beer:   :D

Uh--there's some other interpretation?   I certainly didn't plan on wasting any time listening to speakers.   :o    Hope you find a cheap flight.  I ended up having to drive to Baltimore, but I think it will be worth it.  I really hope to see you in Denver.   

Nuance

« Reply #31 on: 30 Sep 2009, 05:18 am »
All this talk about RMAF is making me envious.  Anyone want to carpool next year from the Midwest?  Brandon, Terry, Patrick?  Come on, I know you want to!  :)

TJHUB

« Reply #32 on: 30 Sep 2009, 12:34 pm »
All this talk about RMAF is making me envious.  Anyone want to carpool next year from the Midwest?  Brandon, Terry, Patrick?  Come on, I know you want to!  :)

I'd love to go, but that's a long drive across VERY boring lands.  I'd rather spend the money and fly.  :)

P.S.  Brandon, my sig is fancier than yours!  :P

Nuance

« Reply #33 on: 30 Sep 2009, 05:00 pm »

I'd love to go, but that's a long drive across VERY boring lands.  I'd rather spend the money and fly.  :)

P.S.  Brandon, my sig is fancier than yours!  :P

HA - poop on you!  Now who's is better!?  :lol:

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
« Reply #34 on: 30 Sep 2009, 06:25 pm »

Dennis:

Uh--there's some other interpretation?   I certainly didn't plan on wasting any time listening to speakers.   :o    Hope you find a cheap flight.  I ended up having to drive to Baltimore, but I think it will be worth it.  I really hope to see you in Denver.   

Cheap flight?  Never!  First Class frequent flyer award ticket.  Much better than cheap.

This is going to be fun. 

martyo

« Reply #35 on: 30 Sep 2009, 06:54 pm »
Cheap flight?  Never!  First Class frequent flyer award ticket.  Much better than cheap.

This is going to be fun. 

:dance:   :thumb: 
Almost as good as a Salk Veracity  8)

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #36 on: 30 Sep 2009, 07:10 pm »

[/quote]

This is going to be fun.
[/quote]

Now wait a minute.  Am I supposed to ignore your pm saying you couldn't find a flight?  I hope so.  I'll be in the Salk room for the early part of the afternoon on Friday. 

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
« Reply #37 on: 30 Sep 2009, 07:25 pm »
Now wait a minute.  Am I supposed to ignore your pm saying you couldn't find a flight?  I hope so.  I'll be in the Salk room for the early part of the afternoon on Friday.

Yes, ignore that PM.  Did you get the PM that rooms had opened up at the Marriott?  I don't get in until Friday evening. 

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #38 on: 30 Sep 2009, 07:39 pm »
I think I'll stick with the Hampton Inn.  The Marriott is always something of a zoo.  Why don't we just meet up at the Salk Room Saturday morning, 9:00?

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
« Reply #39 on: 30 Sep 2009, 10:57 pm »
I think I'll stick with the Hampton Inn.  The Marriott is always something of a zoo.  Why don't we just meet up at the Salk Room Saturday morning, 9:00?

See you then.