New RM15 Torus with reduced MSRP now available!

95Dyna

Re: New RM15 Torus with reduced MSRP now available!
« Reply #20 on: 25 Dec 2009, 06:47 am »
I just installed my CS 15 today.  Forget about the reduced price.  This thing is worth at least what its price used to be if not more.  It's taking my breath away.  It's almost 2 AM where I live and I can't shut down and go to bed.  Right out of the box it has made a huge difference.  I can only conclude it is giving my 7B's what they need when they need it which they can't get straight out of the wall.  I think it is two things, first is the isolation from the wall making 300 amps available for half a cycle and the fraction of an ohm impedence it presents the 7's.  I'm here to tell you this Torus CS 15 is an absolute steal at $2K US.  Not only that but it is a knockout looking piece of gear.  Mine is silver and looks just great with my silver Bryston gear.  I guess it's a guy thing, only we could see beauty in a power isolation transformer.  Kind of like I love the smell of new tires and fresh motor oil.  OK, I'm rambling so just go get yourself the Torus of your choice without delay.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

werd

« Reply #21 on: 25 Dec 2009, 06:49 am »
I just installed my CS 15 today.  Forget about the reduced price.  This thing is worth at least what its price used to be if not more.  It's taking my breath away.  It's almost 2 AM where I live and I can't shut down and go to bed.  Right out of the box it has made a huge difference.  I can only conclude it is giving my 7B's what they need when they need it which they can't get straight out of the wall.  I think it is two things, first is the isolation from the wall making 300 amps available for half a cycle and the fraction of an ohm impedence it presents the 7's.  I'm here to tell you this Torus CS 15 is an absolute steal at $2K US.  Not only that but it is a knockout looking piece of gear.  Mine is silver and looks just great with my silver Bryston gear.  I guess it's a guy thing, only we could see beauty in a power isolation transformer.  Kind oif like I love the smell of new tires and fresh motor oil.  OK, I'm rambling so just go get yourself the Torus of your choice without delay.

I know,  my Torus drives my system like it suppose to sound imo. with much more authority than before

drummermitchell

« Reply #22 on: 25 Dec 2009, 03:54 pm »
The Torus is a nice HUGE surprise,ENJOY :thumb:.

Wig

« Reply #23 on: 26 Dec 2009, 01:12 am »

Guys,

Is it OK to leave the CS-15 on at all times after break-in?

Thanks,
  Wig

drummermitchell

« Reply #24 on: 26 Dec 2009, 04:16 am »
Both of mine have been on 24/7 since I bought them.If I ever went on a three
week holiday I MIGHT turn them off.I could be wrong but if they were turned off+ on every day I don't think they would perform as well as To me they need to get that constant of being fed power,or maybe it's me that need to be constantly fed POWER :o 8).
My thinking might be wrong but it seems that the Torus needs constant feeding,
just like the power company :lol:.

Wig

« Reply #25 on: 26 Dec 2009, 12:41 pm »
 Thanks drummermitchell  :thumb:

Wig

Wig

« Reply #26 on: 1 Jan 2010, 12:48 pm »
 95DYNA,

Any new updates on your CS15.... :drool:

Wig

I just installed my CS 15 today.  Forget about the reduced price.  This thing is worth at least what its price used to be if not more.  It's taking my breath away.  It's almost 2 AM where I live and I can't shut down and go to bed.  Right out of the box it has made a huge difference.  I can only conclude it is giving my 7B's what they need when they need it which they can't get straight out of the wall.  I think it is two things, first is the isolation from the wall making 300 amps available for half a cycle and the fraction of an ohm impedence it presents the 7's.  I'm here to tell you this Torus CS 15 is an absolute steal at $2K US.  Not only that but it is a knockout looking piece of gear.  Mine is silver and looks just great with my silver Bryston gear.  I guess it's a guy thing, only we could see beauty in a power isolation transformer.  Kind of like I love the smell of new tires and fresh motor oil.  OK, I'm rambling so just go get yourself the Torus of your choice without delay.

95Dyna

« Reply #27 on: 7 Jan 2010, 04:03 am »
95DYNA,

Any new updates on your CS15.... :drool:

Wig

Hi Wig,

Sorry for the delayed response.  All I can say about the Torus CS15 is go for it if you can.  Before I installed it I had already installed the 7's, BP26, X-05 and WireWorld cables so things were sounding really good anyway.  Right out of the box it provided a more relaxed presentation with clearer highs, tighter more articulate bass, larger soundstage and, most significant, more pinpoint imaging.  The Torus doesn't take alot of time to break in like a CD player or cables do so my original post serves as a good description of the Torus' contribution to the overall sound.  I chose the 15 as opposed to the 20 because the only way my configuration would be tax the 15 is if I run the 7's at full power into 4 ohms which would be preposterous.  Also the weight and size of the re-designed CS 15 are ideal for my racking requirements.  With the new pricing, it's a no brainer--lot's of bang for the buck.

Bill

Wig

« Reply #28 on: 7 Jan 2010, 07:52 pm »
 95Dyna,

I have ordered a CS15 as well and will report back in Mar when we move in our home and get things set up.

Wig

95Dyna

« Reply #29 on: 8 Jan 2010, 02:12 pm »
95Dyna,

I have ordered a CS15 as well and will report back in Mar when we move in our home and get things set up.

Wig

Good job, Wig!  Now I have to talk to James about my commission on the sale. :lol:  I checked out those Avalon Ascendants and they look like an interesting speaker.  Down 1.5 db @ 28 Hz is pretty good for what appears to be a two way.  How's the bass, do you ever feel like you need to add a sub(s)?

Bill

Wig

« Reply #30 on: 8 Jan 2010, 07:44 pm »
Good job, Wig!  Now I have to talk to James about my commission on the sale. :lol:  I checked out those Avalon Ascendants and they look like an interesting speaker.  Down 1.5 db @ 28 Hz is pretty good for what appears to be a two way.  How's the bass, do you ever feel like you need to add a sub(s)?

Bill

I've just recently purchased them and they will not be delivered until I return back to the USA in Mar 2010. From what I heard, the bass tuneful and extended but I only listen to Classical and Gospel which does not have much bass. The Vandersteen 2 Ce Sigg II which I will sell when I return didn't have the detail and clarity I like.

Wig

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #31 on: 8 Jan 2010, 09:14 pm »

Could this be a future treat for my beasties :scratch: Sounds like it can take performance up another nocth :o

Be well...

werd

« Reply #32 on: 8 Jan 2010, 09:22 pm »
Could this be a future treat for my beasties :scratch: Sounds like it can take performance up another nocth :o

Be well...

i cant believe you dont have one of these Laundrew. I guess they are hard to audition. They do really good at powering amps you should look at them seriousily. If you do, dont for get to mention my name ..... so as i get my commission.

john1970

« Reply #33 on: 9 Jan 2010, 12:08 pm »
^Hi Joe,

Torus found a core material and winding technique that performed a little better and were able to develop a new product capable of 15 amps. The down side is the new 15 amp unit will run a little hotter than the older 15 amp unit under the same current draw. The plus is of course it is less expensive to manufacture.

james

James,

How much hotter does the RM15 run relative to the older unit.  I only ask becuase I only have a 5" opening on my rack and the unit is 4.13" tall.  Is <1" clearnace on the top enough room to provide adequte venelation?  There is 2" of clearance on both sides.  Please advise.

Thank you,

John

95Dyna

« Reply #34 on: 10 Jan 2010, 10:00 pm »
James,

How much hotter does the RM15 run relative to the older unit.  I only ask becuase I only have a 5" opening on my rack and the unit is 4.13" tall.  Is <1" clearnace on the top enough room to provide adequte venelation?  There is 2" of clearance on both sides.  Please advise.

Thank you,

John

Hi John,

My CS15 hardly generates any heat at all with about 3" of clearance from a three sided enclosed shelf. If its sitting out in the open in doesn't even feel warm to the touch.  With <1" you will no doubt run a little warmer especially if you listen at high levels.  I have the 7's, BP26, tuner, TT and the Esoteric X-05 plugged in.  Hot is not a word I would apply to the CS15 unless of course you are referring to its performance. :thumb:

Bill

dirk

« Reply #35 on: 11 Jul 2010, 05:47 pm »
How much will it be for the torus CS 8 ? 240v(Europe)

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #36 on: 11 Jul 2010, 06:14 pm »
How much will it be for the torus CS 8 ? 240v(Europe)

Hi Dirk - you would have to check with the Bryston distributor in your country - where are you located?

james

dirk

« Reply #37 on: 11 Jul 2010, 09:28 pm »
Hi Dirk - you would have to check with the Bryston distributor in your country - where are you located?

james
I will contact mafico.
Is it more then 3000$ in canada?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #38 on: 11 Jul 2010, 09:32 pm »
I will contact mafico.
Is it more then 3000$ in canada?

Hi,

The 240 volt 8 amp Torus is equal to the 20 amp in North America - the 20 amp is $3000 without AVR and $4000 with.

james