NYC Demo

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: NYC Demo
« Reply #40 on: 19 Oct 2009, 12:52 am »
Boy I sure hope Topround will post them pictures,,, I'm dying to see the food,,,,, and the speakers too.  :lol:  In the past I've had the opportunity to both hear a well broke in pair of Rick's Arrays and meet Rick personally. He's a book full of knowledge who's willing to share. Musta been a good time for sure.  8)

Cheers,
Robin

toobluvr

« Reply #41 on: 19 Oct 2009, 01:25 am »
Boy I sure hope Topround will post them pictures,,, I'm dying to see the food,,,,, and the speakers too.  :lol:  In the past I've had the opportunity to both hear a well broke in pair of Rick's Arrays and meet Rick personally. He's a book full of knowledge who's willing to share. Musta been a good time for sure.  8)

Cheers,
Robin

Rick visited my house last spring to drop off some drivers for a local customer he had trouble connecting with.    We spent a few hours talking and listening to music.  Super nice and knowledgable guy.

I've never heard his speakers but that encounter, plus his obvious knowledge and expertise, plus the apparent quality of his offerings, left such an impression on me that I would seriously consider buying one of his speakers when I am in the market again.

toobluvr

« Reply #42 on: 19 Oct 2009, 01:39 am »
Hey TR....we are post count twins...only 2 posts apart!!
Closing in on ya!

:lol:

ken

« Reply #43 on: 19 Oct 2009, 05:40 pm »
I think this may be the place.  I'll have to check it out one of these days :drool:

http://www.rubbbq.net/

Levi

« Reply #44 on: 19 Oct 2009, 05:47 pm »
Huh?

BobM

« Reply #45 on: 19 Oct 2009, 06:21 pm »
Yeah, that's the place

208 West 23rd Street (between 7th and 8th)

Good eats!

srb

« Reply #46 on: 19 Oct 2009, 06:30 pm »
Andrew owns a BBQ restaurant on 23rd St. and if you get a chance to visit and sample the menu I suggest you do. His partner was 3 time US BBQ champ and the food reflected this. Simply awesome! Hopefully he will post more details about his place and maybe a link as well.

ltr317

« Reply #47 on: 19 Oct 2009, 06:33 pm »
I've eaten at RUB several times since it's opening on 23rd st.  I want to point out that it's Kansas City style BBQ, which taste different than other BBQ styles. 

ken

« Reply #48 on: 19 Oct 2009, 06:48 pm »
I know Memphis style BBQ is more of a dry rub with  bbq sauce on the side,  what is Kansas City style BBQ like.  Sorry if I'm going a little off track with this thread.

Levi

« Reply #49 on: 19 Oct 2009, 07:15 pm »
I see.  It is a great BBQ place thanks!  :thumb: